Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

On 22/03/2017 at 2:59 AM, The Skipper said:

Would be one of the best signings this summer. Could also indicate that CFC will spend big and bring in more players to up the level of the team. 

All true but I hope it doesn't cost us £200,000 a week.

I really don't want to see us spending £10 million a year on a goalie when we so clearly could benefit from spending big in other areas. I'd have no problem with £300,000 per week for Eden but I think the difference in game by game results between a £120,000 per week goalie and a £200,000 per week one, are too marginal to be worth paying for. I think we gain more by spending an extra £80,000 per week to secure the right outfield player, than we lose by not spending it on a goalkeeper.

I like Thibaut. In terms of straight goalkeeping ability I fully supported the decision to choose him over Petr. Loosing him would be a major disappointment, but if that decision has to be made, it has to be made.

14 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

All true but I hope it doesn't cost us £200,000 a week.

I really don't want to see us spending £10 million a year on a goalie when we so clearly could benefit from spending big in other areas. I'd have no problem with £300,000 per week for Eden but I think the difference in game by game results between a £120,000 per week goalie and a £200,000 per week one, are too marginal to be worth paying for. I think we gain more by spending an extra £80,000 per week to secure the right outfield player, than we lose by not spending it on a goalkeeper.

I like Thibaut. In terms of straight goalkeeping ability I fully supported the decision to choose him over Petr. Loosing him would be a major disappointment, but if that decision has to be made, it has to be made.

Courtois is way more important to us than losing 80,000 pounds a week, keeping in mind how Emenalo will blow that money on some gash player. Just for 80000 you'd rather lose one of the best goalkeepers in the world to give Emenalo a prayer's chance to land a decent forward ? Look at that money wasted on Batshuayi. That's what'll happen.

1 hour ago, nono said:

Courtois is way more important to us than losing 80,000 pounds a week, keeping in mind how Emenalo will blow that money on some gash player. Just for 80000 you'd rather lose one of the best goalkeepers in the world to give Emenalo a prayer's chance to land a decent forward ? Look at that money wasted on Batshuayi. That's what'll happen.

To believe that money specifically will be wasted is to believe that all money will be wasted. In which case, three Thibauts ain't gonna help us.

18 minutes ago, King11Didier said:

What? He actually got the injury while shooting a commercial?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/16/thibaut-courtois-suffered-ankle-injury-basketball-promotional/

Apparently it's the club's commercial duty with NBA but FFS!

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I first thought he was there on club business but then I thought to myself that sounds way too stupid. We won't be having our players doing physical activities for sponsorship during the crunch end of the season. Really baffling. 

31 minutes ago, Jason said:

Begovic took out his competition lol.

4 hours ago, BlueLion. said:

He'd have saved Rashford's shot. Begovic is horrifically bad 1v1 or when closing down an angle. Goes to ground very, very early.

And I don't think it helps that he's been busy golfing with Terry on weekends in Portugal this season (according to people follow them on Instagram).

21 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Wouldn't of made a difference anyway, he couldn't of covered for another 10 deficiencies like we saw.

I don't know, both goals were really soft in my opinion. Courtois saves the first one against Rashford and it could've been a wake up call.