Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

LMAO nice faith being shown in Begovic by the club with this appeal.

Two days after Mourinho praised Begovic. :lol:

The club haven't posted anything about the appeal yet though.

Tbh I don't think that makes a difference. Yeah he said he trusts Begovic, but if there's no harm in an appeal then even the Bosnian will realise Mou wants his best players available all the time - Hardly a discredit to Asmir.

Tbh I don't think that makes a difference. Yeah he said he trusts Begovic, but if there's no harm in an appeal then even the Bosnian will realise Mou wants his best players available all the time - Hardly a discredit to Asmir.

Of course, I don't disagree with that. But it's just funny in some ways after what he said and the fact that Courtois will only be suspended for one game, not three.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33855839?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Chelsea will appeal against the red card shown to goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois during Saturday's 2-2 draw with Swansea at Stamford Bridge.

The 23-year-old Belgium international was sent off on 52 minutes for denying Bafetimbi Gomis a clear goalscoring opportunity, with the Swans striker equalising from the penalty spot.

Blues boss Jose Mourinho refused to discuss the decision after the match.

Chelsea's appeal will be heard by the Football Association on Tuesday.

If it fails, Courtois' expected one-match ban would see him miss the trip to last season's runners-up Manchester City on Sunday.

Asmir Begovic, a summer signing from Stoke, made his Blues debut as Courtois' replacement against the Swans.

Seems like Courtois won't get additional match ban if the appeal fails.

As a referee, when choosing to give a red card for Denying of an Obvious Goal-Scoring Opportunity, it is required to meet 4 categories. These are called the "Four D's".

Distance to the Goal- Is it at the halfway line or close to the goal.

Distance to the Ball- How close is the attacking player to the ball.

Direction of Play- What way/direction is the ball going

Defenders- Is he the second to last or last defender (a goalie counts as a defender here)

When this happened on Saturday, I immediately told my family that it wasn't a red card and they laughed like crazy. But I explained it and then they shut up. They ref as well, so they understood. The foul clearly meets 3 of the D's, but to me, it does not meet the direction of play category. He took a big touch straight to the side directly away from the goal.

Now this point in arguable, because you could say he would have gotten the ball and shot it from there no matter what direction the ball is going, but that's a difficult one. So as I told my family after it happened, I think he will get it rescinded and play this Sunday.

If he gets it rescinded, the most frustrating part is that we had to play a man down for most of the second half. I don't think we deserved to be a man down at all.

As a referee, when choosing to give a red card for Denying of an Obvious Goal-Scoring Opportunity, it is required to meet 4 categories. These are called the "Four D's".

Defenders- Is he the second to last or last defender (a goalie counts as a defender here)

When this happened on Saturday, I immediately told my family that it wasn't a red card and they laughed like crazy. But I explained it and then they shut up. They ref as well, so they understood. The foul clearly meets 3 of the D's, but to me, it does not meet the direction of play category. He took a big touch straight to the side directly away from the goal.

Now this point in arguable, because you could say he would have gotten the ball and shot it from there no matter what direction the ball is going, but that's a difficult one. So as I told my family after it happened, I think he will get it rescinded and play this Saturday.

If he gets it rescinded, the most frustrating part is that we had to play a man down for most of the second half. I don't think we deserved to be a man down at all.

Don't Think so... + the game is on Sunday...

Now this point in arguable, because you could say he would have gotten the ball and shot it from there no matter what direction the ball is going, but that's a difficult one. So as I told my family after it happened, I think he will get it rescinded and play this Sunday.

I hope you are right but Im not hopeful

Thibaut Courtois: Chelsea appeal against goalkeeper's dismissal

Chelsea's appeal will be heard by the Football Association on Tuesday.

If it fails, Courtois' expected one-match ban would see him miss the trip to last season's runners-up Manchester City on Sunday.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33855839