chrismada9

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it's really nice to see fellow pes-players here.

i've quit playing fifa since fifa 2003 i think.

Since then, pes3, pes4, pes5, pes6, pes2008(not that much - it was shite), pes2009, pes2012, pes2011 and pes2012. i've played them all.

i use the qpatch for my pes. it has player stats from pesstatsdatabase.com (more realistic then the konami stats)

if you want, you should check those out.

Since then, pes3, pes4, pes5, pes6, pes2008(not that much - it was shite), pes2009, pes2012, pes2011 and pes2012. i've played them all.

i use the qpatch for my pes. it has player stats from pesstatsdatabase.com (more realistic then the konami stats)

if you want, you should check those out.

Played all of them also, it is a cracking game series. I haven't used qpatch, my choice was pesedit patch and now Pes-Serbia patch that also has my 2 local leagues in it and 2 new stadiums.

Played all of them also, it is a cracking game series. I haven't used qpatch, my choice was pesedit patch and now Pes-Serbia patch that also has my 2 local leagues in it and 2 new stadiums.

i also used pesedit for some time. i think it also had stats from pestatsdatabase.

• 2 weeks later...

fifa is better because the licence... but i think pes is better at the gameplay

Not only the licence. Marketing EA do with FIFA is amazing. Even if they repacked the same game all over with new kits and updated rosters (which lots of people say they do anyway :D ) they would still make it look as if they've added plenty of features. That said, engine running FIFA is rather amazing and the game is good all around.

PES offers something unique but it has its flaws which make me despise the game sometimes. Things like clumsy defending after using tactical defending on FIFA is pretty annoying and there are not a lot of things that can piss me of as cheating AI can in PES. Player ratings can be awful at times and I usually find myself in edit mod more then in the actually game... There are even written scripts that can trigger when playing against AI. For example you doing everything to score but failing to do it, or just barely doing it, while AI scores from 1st shot against a top class GK out of nowhere...

There are even written scripts that can trigger when playing against AI. For example you doing everything to score but failing to do it, or just barely doing it, while AI scores from 1st shot against a top class GK out of nowhere...

So there ARE codes that do that? I've always had my suspicions because often when I'm leading, I can feel it's a matter of time when they will score, because it's almost impossible to take the ball away, most rebounds fall to AI, they win all the headers and so on. You can just feel when the game favours you or the computer... sometimes even the shittiest teams can be supercharged and play far superior. And fucking AI free-kicks piss me off, anything around 18-25 metres is a goal 80% of the time.

So there ARE codes that do that? I've always had my suspicions because often when I'm leading, I can feel it's a matter of time when they will score, because it's almost impossible to take the ball away, most rebounds fall to AI, they win all the headers and so on. You can just feel when the game favours you or the computer... sometimes even the shittiest teams can be supercharged and play far superior. And fucking AI free-kicks piss me off, anything around 18-25 metres is a goal 80% of the time.

I believe so. Sometimes, opponent's stats will raise like their sprint speed, strength and dribbling while some of yours will drop, for example defender's speed or striker's shooting which makes it difficult to score.

Also, sometimes, your players simply can't intercept the ball or they miss some absolute sitters. GKs can be leaky too... now, that's also done or purpose or the game is full of bugs. Whatever that is, it's not worth my time until it's removed.

I also have a theory that there are some scenarios for MP matches too...for example, a tight game with lots of battling, or a high scoring game...also, another example is the following.

I was playing with my friend on PS3. I took Napoli and he took Valencia. First game ended 3-0 for me. I kicked his arse, and also had bunch of shoots that just wouldn't go in and to anyone watching, I seemed like a 20 times better player. We played the same match again, with same lineups and I lost 0-3. My players looked like retards picked out from the street that put on Napoli kits...Cavani's movement was awful, Hamsik's passing wasn't working and Lavezzi just couldn't control the ball well while the balls was bouncing back to Valencia, their crosses were dead on and defenders just barely missed a tackle.

So now I ask, who is a better PES player after those 2 matches? Did I win 3-0 because I played well or because AI fucked up his players like it did with mine? He got pissed after I trashed him 3-0, and after that I got pissed after he trashed me 0-3.

For that, PES can take their scripts and stuff it up their arse...I want to play games to have fun, not to rage like an idiot...

It's a shame you've mindlessly continued to buy PES like a sheep. Because ever since the switch over to next gen consoles (ps3/xbox 360) Fifa has been the better game in every aspect. Fifa gameplay is far superior, even the PES fans 'in this thread' agree with that, you can't even shoot properly on PES.

Don't you feel weird doing this same shit all the time? Yes you can shoot properly on PES, no it's not a shame he bought PES game. Both games are playable and funny, it's everyone's choice what to play..

Fifa smashes PES in every single way. Even the name just puts most people of. Pro evoloution soccer sounds sooo arcadey.

It didn't used to, but now literally there isn't a comparison, fifa is in a league of its own.

^ No, Fifa is objectively better.

Also, aside from the fact Fifa has had better gameplay since the switchover to next gen consoles. You can't be a Chelsea fan and support a football game in which Chelsea doesn't exist, regardless of the ability to patch.

[...]

I had a strangley similar experiences with PES 2009 (the last PES I played seriously). There were times that the game was clearly in favour of one side (evident even by the refereeing*) only to latter provide the same treatment to the other side.

*Still not sure how you can fuck up refereeing in a video game.

Look PES was King till PES7 which was SHIT!

From Fifa 09 onward, you cannot compare the two. FIFA OWNS PES now!

I mean just look at how rigid the movements are on PES. It's like playing a Sega Megadrive game with PS2 graphics.

Fifa is smoother, more dynamic, and just overall the more complete game!

End Of.

You can't be a Chelsea fan and support a football game in which Chelsea doesn't exist, regardless of the ability to patch.

That's a strange argument. You're taking this way too seriously, evident by you trying to force your opinion with nonsensical arguments in a damn video game debate. So every Chelsea supporter must prefer FIFA, because EA is a sponsor of Chelsea and has license to use real player names and kits? If to follow that kind of logic, then we can't use technology from any other company but Samsung. Do you have any non-Samsung electronics in your home that you use? Also, you can't drive any other car but Audi, you must be a fan of Sauber if you follow F1, you can fly only with Delta Airlines, you must wear Adidas clothes religiously and drink only Singha Beer.

If you don't follow those commandments, you shall forever be an heretic.

Defining a fan by what products he/she uses/prefers is ridiculous. It's like defining an individual by the brands he/she wears.. something I despise about capitalistic society.

Actually now that I come to think of it, I have a Samsung monitor, a Samsung TV (piece of shit that doesn't work anymore) and a Samsung smartphone. I can afford one sin towards Chelsea EA.

Now, my point isn't that PES is the best and fuck the rest. I can't even compare these two because I haven't played FIFA in ages, my computer can't run the latest ones. I'm just trying to show how childish such disputes are. I guess you don't understand the meaning of 'preference' and 'taste'. I say coffee is better, you say tea is better - who wins? Especially you, TX, everytime you post about FIFA vs. PES it's like listening to religious propaganda that nobody cares about.