Chelsea Sack Andre Villas-Boas

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Di Matteospacer.gif told Sky Sports News: "It was nothing to do with bravery (leaving out his big name players). They're all on board and they know what target we have, which we must achieve.

"There are big players for this club and we have a squad and we have to utilise the squad because we played on Saturday, played tonight, we play again on Saturday now, so we have to get the best out of these players and the team."

Now here's a manager that sounds like he knows how to communicate with players.

I hope if he can overcome Napoli, and win us the FA Cup, Roman will give him a job. Always thought Roberto had the skills to be a manager here, but couldn't see it due to the stature between Chelsea and West Brom. To have a manager who wants to win with more heart then anything is what we need, and i am sure more youth will be given an oppertunity rather then playing players out of position which happened with Carlo and AvB.

Lampard is being criticised for his 'attitude' & 'comments' (direct quotes, no conspiracy).

This was never about whether he 'directly' influenced the decision or not.

Lampard is severely criticized for his comments. Any great competitive player would react the same way. What do you expect when a player like Lampard who has been part of the club best moments, and then find himself on the bench for the first time in his chelsea career at a time when the club is in its worst state? AVB showed that he is incompetent, and the stats show that.

If the team was wining and higher in the table, we might see a better attitude from Lampard. He would understand its in the best interest of the team. AVB has only himself to blame for his players undermining him.

I don't think it is even arguable, the right decision was made by Roman and the board. If i was defending AVB in front of Roman i have no idea how i could defend him.

Cant say the team is going in the right direction and going through a transition. Because this season was not a transition, more of a wasted season tbh. He tried his playing style then bailed out for our old playing style. So most of the season was zero progress, if he kept the same playing style it would be much better for next season and beyond.

Also with AVB as manager, very unlikely to have any chance of finishing in the top 4 season. CL is a big money maker for us, and it easily pays off AVB compensation.

I hope if he can overcome Napoli, and win us the FA Cup, Roman will give him a job. Always thought Roberto had the skills to be a manager here, but couldn't see it due to the stature between Chelsea and West Brom. To have a manager who wants to win with more heart then anything is what we need, and i am sure more youth will be given an oppertunity rather then playing players out of position which happened with Carlo and AvB.

I hope such a thing doesnt happen, otherwise in next season we will start "Roberto out?" topic, with 70% answering "he must stay" in the poll, and then some people will start saying the board is stupid weeks later when he get the axe.

I think its time for a real good manager. Enough of crazy experiments like Scolari, Grant and Villas Boas. Football management is much more about brain than heart.

The italian was a PROVEN manager, with some big trophies in his pocket.

AVB is a 33 years old jornalist playing the manager. Its much more easy to "back" a "boss" like Mancini than one like AVB. No point in comparing both, and while Mancini was improving his team every time, AVB's Chelsea was getting worst every single game.

I could say more: while AVB had a pre-season, more than 2 months to buy player and know the team, Mancini arrived in the middle of the season and had to create his own playing style, because Mark Hughes failed to build a team with his expensive players. Comparing Mancini's with AVB's situation using cold numbers is a very superficial way to look into the game.

“I just think as a manager, you don’t get judged when you win five games back to back,” he said. “It is easy to send out teams then. You get judged when you lose at home and a midweek game and then another game. Villas-Boas went a whole season without losing a game. That is unrealistic. That is not what true management is about."

Hoddle about AVB situation, and I think its perfect to describe the guy.

Why did Pep get so much praise for that winning record they had?

I think a lot of members here are one sided and completly ignore arguments from the other side.

People said he had the best team in Portugal, well when I say the same thing about Guardiola usual response is he has to manage that team. Hmm

Have you read what begf said? Someone who was actually there last season...no of course you didn't.

@Aussiedan

You know he was an assistant manager for the past 8 months. He could have done that earlier.

But there was scathing criticism for the resurgent Blues stars from ex-Manchester United skipper-turned TV pundit Roy Keane.

The Irishman was infuriated by some horseplay from the Chelsea stars during the pre-match warm-up and gave them both barrels.

Keane said: "They've let their manager down badly and they're carrying on like that in the warm-up flicking each other's ears. Absolute disgrace."

Alex on Villas-Boas: 'It's always like this, the one who pays is the coach'

Last December, Chelsea's long serving central defender Alex found himself excluded from the first-team's training sessions, car park and canteen after agreeing with Andre Villas-Boas that it would be best if he found himself a new club. If the Brazil international bears any grudge against a man who also ordered him banned him from the club's Christmas party it is not evident in his considered, intelligent analysis of the manager's departure from Stamford Bridge.

“It is always like this: when the results do not show up, the one who pays is the coach. But Andre is a coach with great quality, as I saw day to day in how he worked on every single detail.

"At Chelsea it had already happened several times, the exit of a manager in the middle of the season. It is a big club, where there is enormous pressure to win the Champions League. You can not say that this pressure affects the players every day, but perhaps it affects the work of technicians. And do not forget that it is a competition that is difficult to conquer.

"This situation was being about talked for a while, even because of André's behaviour. He is not the kind of person who talks a lot, he's someone who a bit closed. That's just the way he is

"I saw some comments of Lampard recently and I think he deserved more respect. It is true that a player knows he will sometimes have to stay on the bench, especially after reaching a certain age. That's not a problem. But with his history at the club, where he has more than 10 years, he deserves a word or an explanation from the manager. "Fundamentally, it was a question of respect for everything that he represents for Chelsea.

"I think it makes little sense to say that there was a hard core who did not want Andre to continue. If you look carefully, "Terry and Ashley Cole always played, Drogba and even Fernando [Torres] had lots of opportunities.

"We, the players, often have a habit when things go wrong of blaming the coach. But that's not true. Sometimes things don't go well for the team due to little details, like a lack of luck, or poor form from some of us.

"In the end, it was good I had a problem there because I came to a great club [Paris Saint-Germain] and city.”

- With Sergio Krithinas, O Jogo. http://www.ojogo.pt/...rtigo975233.asp

But there was scathing criticism for the resurgent Blues stars from ex-Manchester United skipper-turned TV pundit Roy Keane.

The Irishman was infuriated by some horseplay from the Chelsea stars during the pre-match warm-up and gave them both barrels.

Keane said: "They've let their manager down badly and they're carrying on like that in the warm-up flicking each other's ears. Absolute disgrace."

I hate Roy keane, despise him but he is right. I said it on here a few weeks ago when the videos of the lads doing all this in training were posted. If they trained half as hard as they fuck about maybe our position in the league would be much better.

Last December, Chelsea's long serving central defender Alex found himself excluded from the first-team's training sessions, car park and canteen after agreeing with Andre Villas-Boas that it would be best if he found himself a new club. If the Brazil international bears any grudge against a man who also ordered him banned him from the club's Christmas party it is not evident in his considered, intelligent analysis of the manager's departure from Stamford Bridge.

“It is always like this: when the results do not show up, the one who pays is the coach. But Andre is a coach with great quality, as I saw day to day in how he worked on every single detail.

"At Chelsea it had already happened several times, the exit of a manager in the middle of the season. It is a big club, where there is enormous pressure to win the Champions League. You can not say that this pressure affects the players every day, but perhaps it affects the work of technicians. And do not forget that it is a competition that is difficult to conquer.

"This situation was being about talked for a while, even because of André's behaviour. He is not the kind of person who talks a lot, he's someone who a bit closed. That's just the way he is

"I saw some comments of Lampard recently and I think he deserved more respect. It is true that a player knows he will sometimes have to stay on the bench, especially after reaching a certain age. That's not a problem. But with his history at the club, where he has more than 10 years, he deserves a word or an explanation from the manager. "Fundamentally, it was a question of respect for everything that he represents for Chelsea.

"I think it makes little sense to say that there was a hard core who did not want Andre to continue. If you look carefully, "Terry and Ashley Cole always played, Drogba and even Fernando [Torres] had lots of opportunities.

"We, the players, often have a habit when things go wrong of blaming the coach. But that's not true. Sometimes things don't go well for the team due to little details, like a lack of luck, or poor form from some of us.

"In the end, it was good I had a problem there because I came to a great club [Paris Saint-Germain] and city.”

Alex, what a legend. Very fair analysis.

Alex says that Lamps needed more respect and an explanation, but I recall AVB saying that he'd spoken to Lamps about it and that everything was okay. It was AVB who needed more respect from him in the end.

PROFESSIONAL

Roy Keane can fuck off, a player who goes out on the pitch to deliberately hurt another player has no right to call anyone a disgrace & I will never have respect for that cunt.

Fantastic to hear that from Alex, a true professional if only all our players acted that professionally.