What's up with Chelsea transfers?

Guest justin_3d

Since Roman came in how many transfers have we actually made a profit from ..I can think of Robben but struggling to think of others.

Uh...wow, that is difficult. Wayne Bridge, perhaps? Maybe Steve Sidwell? I remember something about Villa paying a fee for him...nothing substantial sticks out in my mind for sure.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh...wow, that is difficult. Wayne Bridge, perhaps? Maybe Steve Sidwell? I remember something about Villa paying a fee for him...nothing substantial sticks out in my mind for sure.

sidwell yes ...we got him on a free

I was thinking some ex-Chelsea players that went to Man City would have made profits for us. The point is, we aren't in the buy low and sell high business. We wouldn't be internationally competitive if we were.

I was thinking some ex-Chelsea players that went to Man City would have made profits for us. The point is, we aren't in the buy low and sell high business. We wouldn't be internationally competitive if we were.

we got SWP from them and sold him back losing about 10 mill

Ever since Roman has come in we have been buying established players. And the ones who have been a hit with us are still at the club. We aren't a selling club and established players in our side don't wish to leave us. We could have let go of Terry for 30m or Cole for 30 million. We can sell essien for about the same price we got. We can sell cech for 25 million. But we don't cus the players are happy with us and don't wish to leave like inane f beckham, or nistelrooy or Ronaldo. Robben would have still been with us had the club offered him a better contract but he was injury plagued and the club did the right thing. He wasn't happy and wished to leave and we got good money.

And regarding the transfers mentioned in the first post? Apart from sahin the other two are well over priced. Also the transfer window opens in July. So let's wait till mid July to see if something is going on

But we don't need Lukaku that much right now!

We need creative midfield, and wingers!

I'm fully agreed with the fact we do not need Lukaku. But my post wasn't on purpose to say he was a good signing. I did notice some signs of impatience because we haven't yet to sign someone, some comparisons with Liverpool which has signed Henderson, etc... I was just stating the fact we weren't inactive.

Guest justin_3d

I'm fully agreed with the fact we do not need Lukaku. But my post wasn't on purpose to say he was a good signing. I did notice some signs of impatience because we haven't yet to sign someone, some comparisons with Liverpool which has signed Henderson, etc... I was just stating the fact we weren't inactive.

Yeah, but let's hope we don't do the same crap as this season. We know there is problem on the wings, and creative midfield, yet we still negate that and keep buying strikers and defenders....

Yeah, but let's hope we don't do the same crap as this season. We know there is problem on the wings, and creative midfield, yet we still negate that and keep buying strikers and defenders....

Yup. To be honest I'm become worried of that... At the moment we doesn't seem to be bothered to get a right back, the only winger we are linked with will likely be loaned... And we will get another forward and maybe another center back (Godin)... At the moment it doesn't look as good as I expected and hoped. I hope this is because the mercato has yet to open entirely...

Guest justin_3d

Yup. To be honest I'm become worried of that... At the moment we doesn't seem to be bothered to get a right back, the only winger we are linked with will likely be loaned... And we will get another forward and maybe another center back (Godin)... At the moment it doesn't look as good as I expected and hoped. I hope this is because the mercato has yet to open entirely...

And if we don't address that situation, i don't care who you bring. We will do bad again like with Carlo.

No coach can work magic if you don't have the right team.

Like said we havent got a Manager so daft to make loads of signings now as all it do is stir up the 'whose in charge' blah de blahness sorta thing

Still swear we were meant to hear who was going to be our Mananger a couple of week ago...Guss looks likely but still a bit hmmmm will it wont it...

Its only the 9th of June!

Is what I would normally be saying but this time around I'm more frustrated then anything. What other team would allow a coach to go on holiday and his boss without agreeing a compensation fee? We've known for a month that Carlo was leaving and we just wait until Hiddink returns from his holidays to appoint him? What happens if we don't agree a fee or if he wants to be a sporting director of footie do we then go for Hughes because he's just.....available?

Man United are signing Jones, Young, De Gea and closing in on Nasri apparently while we just take it easy for a new coach to take his place? Ok, so Lukaku is signing and if we got De Bruyne I'd go mental. But wait.... our board wants to loan him out even though he's better, from what I've heard, that Malouda and Zhirkov, we want to loan him out to a shitty Dutch team. Anyway Ill wait till deadline day until we get gazumped by City for Neymar or Modric then I'll really vent my frustration.

Guest justin_3d

Its only the 9th of June!

Is what I would normally be saying but this time around I'm more frustrated then anything. What other team would allow a coach to go on holiday and his boss without agreeing a compensation fee? We've known for a month that Carlo was leaving and we just wait until Hiddink returns from his holidays to appoint him? What happens if we don't agree a fee or if he wants to be a sporting director of footie do we then go for Hughes because he's just.....available?

Man United are signing Jones, Young, De Gea and closing in on Nasri apparently while we just take it easy for a new coach to take his place? Ok, so Lukaku is signing and if we got De Bruyne I'd go mental. But wait.... our board wants to loan him out even though he's better, from what I've heard, that Malouda and Zhirkov, we want to loan him out to a shitty Dutch team. Anyway Ill wait till deadline day until we get gazumped by City for Neymar or Modric then I'll really vent my frustration.

Our club is stupid that's all!

How the hell can you fire a coach with out having already one in place???

Act of stupidity!!!!

And what is getting me more grieved is that i don't see no link to no creative midfield or wingers which is what we desperately need instead of Lukaku.

Lukaku is a player for the future, so they can loan him out for all i care, cause Sturridge deserves a chance this season.

But still leave us short with the options i am mentioning.

Knowing Chelsea we will drag our feet up until the 31st of August trying to get our top targets. Im not too concerned though, te fact is that despite our poor season (by Chelsea standards) we still have an exceptionally good squad as it is at the moment, so even when we do get a new manager I cant see Chelsea making too many signings anyway. It would of course be great to strengthen the areas we all know we desperately need to (Wings and Creative Midfielder) the problem is that our targets wont come cheap at all

We have another two and half months to sort things out and we could be negotiating secretly. I expect we are in talks with Lukaku and perhaps Neymar. However, knowing us negotiations will break down, we will take a long time to sort out a new manager and will panic buy with 2 weeks left before the start of the season like a teenager who has to start revising before an exam the next day.

I really do not think that we will make too many if any high profile signings unless we appoint a manager very soon.