Different Perspective Towards Chelsea, Hamburg, and Arnesen

Since the last few days there has been a lot going on since Arnesen joined Hamburg and as fans lot of cursing have already happen on the loss of talent we have. I happen to read one of the articles which was posted on the status by another fan from TC and i thought it was an interesting read. It is perspective of the author and it could be really interesting if there was even a small possibility of something like this. Also it just a way of looking things in a postive manner.

Could be easily related with the Deco transfer where we were suppose to have first hand info on the Brazilian talents/potential. What do you guys think?

Link

What About Possibility of Mutual Understanding Between Two Clubs?

It seems that former Chelsea sporting director Frank Arnesen is determined to take away as much as Chelsea’s academy with him to his new club Hamburg in Germany.

Within a span of a week two players from our academy, Mancienne and Sala followed Arnesen’s path and if reports are to be believed then Tore and Even Bruma will follow the footsteps.

There are no surprises that Mancienne left the club as he was definitely going to be somewhere else next season but departure of Sala who found himself on Chelsea bench couple of times last season left the club for German side came as a surprise for many of us, but let’s be honest here, how many of us really thought that he would have broken into first team?

Certainly these departures are enough for many of Chelsea supporters to curse Arnesen and Gourlay (which has been pretty usual for him these days). And in this situation even blaming fans wouldn’t be right as every one of us is desperate to see some young legs from academy breaking into the first team sooner rather than later and in this situation seeing these future prospects leaving the club without even getting real first team action is actually kind of heart breaking for everyone.

But on the other side we must accept the fact that not everyone from the academy is going to represent Chelsea so at some point or another many of those youngsters will be sold.

Talking about fans’ ferocity of Arnesen stealing (?) our academy players, I had a talk with couple of friends on twitter particularly @swagadore said that we are looking to build a new kind of relationship with Hamburg as we tried with Vitesse last season by loaning them 3 of our players.

When I gave a thought to what he said I started to agree more and more with it. Surely our board isn’t mad to sell our youngsters to some other club one after another without having some particular thought in their mind! They must have given long thought before selling those 2 of our players and perhaps couple more till window closes.

We have seen the capacity of German youth talent in last year’s world cup and many of the clubs there have played a big part in youth development and Hamburg is no exception to that. May be in future if we find gem in their academy they will prefer him to sell us rather than selling to another club and I bet both clubs must have discussed something about it.

Also on the flip side we Chelsea fans should be happy with the fact that some club is really interested in our youngsters and willing to sign them even they have very little or almost nil experience if first level action, it definitely is a positive sign and one step forward. No doubt Hamburg would have shown any interest in our players if there wasn’t Arnesen but still they are the one who will be finally paying and not Arnesen!!

So I would like to ask Chelsea supporters to take a look at this Chelsea – Hamburg dealings with some other perspective may be they will also be able to agree with me and some others!! Who knows?

KTBFFH

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an interesting theory, yet it remains to be seen if they're right.

If it means we, in return, get some German talent then fine. However I think this is more of a case of Arnesen just making some signings for Hamburg to make himself look like an instant success :lol:

of course we don't expect all our academy to step up to the first team ....BUT surely we can expect ONE a year. It isnt certain Josh will make it even.

If U 21 Internationals and others breaking into national senior squads can't make it for us ,,,then who the fuck will.

of course we don't expect all our academy to step up to the first team ....BUT surely we can expect ONE a year. It isnt certain Josh will make it even.

If U 21 Internationals and others breaking into national senior squads can't make it for us ,,,then who the fuck will.

Not sure we can even expect that Zolayes.

Our board work for a business first -its a football club second. If your business can afford to headhunt the best , say salespeople, thats what it will do to get the best revenue, rather than gambol on some ''potential rookies''.

Thats the reality of it -points means prizes, and prizes means revenue in terms of Chinese, Indain replica shirts, TV revenue whatever.

People need to get their heads round this, there is no romance of the Youth coming through, unless they're absolutely ,absofuckinlutely top notch.

Why slave away in the kitchen when you can order the best takeaways ?

However I think this is more of a case of Arnesen just making some signings for Hamburg to make himself look like an instant success :lol:

I completely second that but this article did get me thinking. Why should we sell our players to Hamburg only and that too so soon, so fast, the transfer window is only warming up. I m sure these talents could have easily got into any mid/lower level teams and would have stayed in England.

Again ifs and buts though, worth thinking otherwise. :)

Perspective !

Not sure we can even expect that Zolayes.

Our board work for a business first -its a football club second. If your business can afford to headhunt the best , say salespeople, thats what it will do to get the best revenue, rather than gambol on some ''potential rookies''.

Thats the reality of it -points means prizes, and prizes means revenue in terms of Chinese, Indain replica shirts, TV revenue whatever.

People need to get their heads round this, there is no romance of the Youth coming through, unless they're absolutely ,absofuckinlutely top notch.

Why slave away in the kitchen when you can order the best takeaways ?

then why invest in an Academy at all????

then why invest in an Academy at all????

Generally a white elephant at the moment, but it doesnt dent Romans wallet.

Its still a source of revenue in terms of loan deals and sell offs, it serves a dual pupose of state of the art training facilities for the first team. The concept and potential of someone breaking through is there -and theres nothing to say some wont in the future, but generally its lot of window dressing, that can fulfil the looming homegrown laws in the future.

Generally a white elephant at the moment, but it doesnt dent Romans wallet.

Its still a source of revenue in terms of loan deals and sell offs, it serves a dual pupose of state of the art training facilities for the first team. The concept and potential of someone breaking through is there -and theres nothing to say some wont in the future, but generally its lot of window dressing, that can fulfil the looming homegrown laws in the future.

if that is the case we are a fucking disgrace ,,taking in boys from all over the world with false promises then dashing their hopes ...

and as for our treatment of Sinclair and Jack Cork ,,words fail me

if that is the case we are a fucking disgrace ,,taking in boys from all over the world with false promises then dashing their hopes ...

and as for our treatment of Sinclair and Jack Cork ,,words fail me

On the positive though its not a bad start to your CV ''Chelsea FC Reserves'' and they invariably go on to make a lucrative living somewhere else.....

I would be inclined to think about that premise if these were experienced, relatively big name players that were being flogged to HSV. Makes no sense to sell our academy guys to them only to have it reciprocated with their academy guys.

I can't imagine any top class german youngsters going anywhere else other than top german clubs,why would they want to?,(or be allowed to).

It wouldn't suprise me if at some point in the future we find ourselves bidding big bucks to bring the latest 'star' player to the club only to realise that he was originally a product of our expensive youth academy in the first place.

Hopefully,(but I'm beginng to doubt it),the board inserted some future 'buy back' clause when they agreed to let these as yet unproven young guys leave.

Guest justin_3d

Very interesting article.

I would second my opinion, where i think Chelsea and Arnesen could help us form a relationship with both clubs to have Hamburg as our farm club.

We tried to do it with Vitesse, and it has been very poor.

Vitesse is a very bad team and nothing good has come out of it.

While Hamburg is a stable team that can bring some middle ground for our youth.

I do hope that something along the lines is in the cards for Chelsea.

I guess the main problem with younger players is unless you're a 'once in a decade' talent like Messi,if your at a club like Chelsea,you are going to find it a hard task to break into the first team.

Such is the pressure for results, not many managers would put their necks on the line with youth players,(unless they are the next Messi),so for most,it's a loan deal & once the player and his agent has had a taste of that,then going back to Chelsea's reserves must be a bit of a let down.

I only hope,(and so far,the signs are good),that the chaps in charge of making those type of decisions about the young players,get more right than they get wrong.

One other point on the subject of young players,I doubt that any club,whatever the ties between them and Chelsea are,would let top talent leave on the cheap.

In this modern age of the cash rich Champions League club,any quality young player would demand a top price,such is the nature of the game,irrespective of who's in charge.