Cristiano Ronaldo

Tomo

Real Madrid are ready to stun the football world by putting Cristiano Ronaldo up for sale for a staggering £150million.

Sportsmail understands a major rift has developed between the star Portuguese forward and Madrid manager Jose Mourinho following a training-ground row, and club president Florentino Perez is reluctantly willing to listen to offers.

article-1388905-0C2A34CC000005DC-917_634x503.jpgHead over heels: Ronaldo could be sold for £150m after falling out with Jose Mourinho

Madrid paid a world-record fee of £80m to Manchester United in 2009 and Perez has said he would want to make a significant profit to appease the supporters for the sale of their best player. Ronaldo, after all, was seen as Madrid's answer to the dominance of Barcelona.

While there would be numerous suitors for his signature, even top clubs will balk at the astronomical fee and the player's wages. At Madrid he commands a salary of 20m euros a year, leaving him with 12m euros net - more than £200,000 a week. It might take a net weekly wage in excess of £300,000 to prise him away from Spain.

article-1388905-0C415816000005DC-603_634x400.jpgDisagreement: The two Portuguese clashed over tactics used in the Champions League semi-final

Manchester City, whose Abu Dhabi owners could easily afford the world-record sum demanded, have declared they do not plan a summer transfer splurge, leaving the former United player's options decidedly limited.

There have been issues between Ronaldo and Mourinho in the past and the relationship between the two seems to have broken down after a disagreement over the former Chelsea boss's tactics for the Champions League semi-final against Barcelona.

The Portugal winger said of Mourinho's system: 'I don't like it, but I have to adapt because that is the way it is.' The winger was then dropped for Madrid's next game against Zaragoza.

article-1388905-0C22F53300000578-96_634x373.jpgThumbs up: Ronaldo has broken lots of records at Madrid, and scored 38 goals this season

Ronaldo, who has scored an astonishing 38 goals in La Liga this season, courted a move to the Santiago Bernabeu throughout the final year of his time in England.

He said on his arrival in Spain: 'The great players cost a lot of money and if you want them you have to pay it. I'm happy to be the most expensive player in the world.'

His goalscoring exploits in two leagues have turned him into a worldwide icon.

article-1388905-0BFE0E8D00000578-207_634x402.jpgUnstoppable: Ronaldo has scored a record number of goals in La Liga this season, even more than Messi

However, Madrid may have to lower their asking price to attract any serious suitors unless, of course, Manchester City change their spending plans - or are forced to do so if they lose their talismanic Argentinian captain Carlos Tevez.

Tevez's future at the club is in the balance. Manager Roberto Mancini has suggested he will stay, but Tevez has expressed a desire to be closer to his children, who live in South America.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1MtA4CN8N

Put this on a thread because i was just talking to my mate (fellow Chelsea fan) who wants us to make a bid if this does happen, i on the other hand would just rather save £120m and get Neymar, who is 7 years younger and will turn out better.

Just curious as to what my fellow Blues think about this?

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't want gays in our team.

Soory mate, 'we' only means 'you' in this case. Sexual orientation doesn't matter as long as they provide a talent football-wise to the team (Like Neymar) , or are willing to do anything for the club (Like Kalou and his work-rate).

We can get: Neymar, Aguero, Montolivo, VDW, Courtois, AND Lukaku for that money lol. Seriously though, IF this story is real (which i highly doubt) i would prefer we spend the money on multiple players, instead of just 1.

Why? What have they done to you or your loved ones?

Are you defending them?Hope you aren't one of them.

I hate everyone player who is playing or ever played in manchester united.I don't think that only for Gigs.:worship:

We can get: Neymar, Aguero, Montolivo, VDW, Courtois, AND Lukaku for that money lol. Seriously though, IF this story is real (which i highly doubt) i would prefer we spend the money on multiple players, instead of just 1.

Its not We. Its City.

With this money, Chelsea could buy the entire FC Porto team, or the entire Romanian Championship, probably.

Nobody will ever pay 150 million for a football player. However, if that happens, it would be a sign that the apocalipse is really coming.

Incredible that writers get paid good money to produce that dross.

Yes it is indeed.

They are Real Madrid, but they aren't crazy, CR is their best player.

Complete crap story, something which is not going to happen. Ronaldo is RM prize asset at the moment who is hitting goals and breaking records for fun, RM would get anyone better than him. It is like Ronaldo paying Madrid off his 80 M in goals. If there is any truth to this, it would be Jose who goes out and not Ronaldo. And anyways i hate him, A CERTIFIED Cheater! and an arrogant Jerk, not needed. We have has been a team which always believes in "we" (well mostly) dont want him to come in and everything becoming "Me"

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You