test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlueLion.

The Greatest Game?

Started by BlueLion.,

A lot of people argue the 4-2 wins against Barcelona and Bayern in 2005 were our greatest European performances. But I disagree.

Another result stands out for me from our European history.

Arsenal 1 - 2 Chelsea

Two days after my birthday, we won against Arsenal. All I said that for my birthday I didn't care what I got, as long as Chelsea won. And Wayne Bridge scored that goal. Made me cry :)

Best day of my life, after so much heartbreak at their hands in the past, this meant a lot.

My god when he scored that goal!!Was so guttered werent at Highbury just went mental lol

Shame Claudio went a big mad with subs in the next game lol but that moment then lol

Good ole Bridgey :D

I loved that win at Highbury but I rate the 4-2 against Barca even higher. It was a game which had everything.

My top five European matches:

Chelsea - Barcelona 4-2 (2005)

Arsenal - Chelsea 1-2 (2004)

Lazio - Chelsea 0-4 (2003)

Chelsea - Barcelona 3-1 (2000)

Valencia - Chelsea 1-2 (2007)

Greatest European Games:

My Top 10 (cant do only 5)

Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea = UCL Quarter Final 2nd Leg 03/04

Chelsea 3-1 Vicenza = UCWC Semi Final 2nd Leg 97/98

Valencia 1-2 Chelsea = UCL Quarter Final 2nd Leg 06/07

Chelsea 1-0 Stuttgart = UCWC Final 97/98

Chelsea 3-1 Barcelona = UCL Quarter Final 1st Leg 99/00

Chelsea 4-2 Barcelona = UCL 2nd Round 2nd Leg 04/05

Chelsea 4-2 Bayern Munich = UCL Quarter Final 1st Leg

Lazio 0-4 Chelsea = UCL Group Phase 03/04

Chelsea 2-0 Club Brugge = UCWC Quarter Final 2nd Leg 94/95

Galatasaray 0-5 Chelsea = UCL Group Phase 99/00

I'll make vids of all these games soon and of course....any requests, let me know

The Barca game was a better game no doubt, this just had so much more meaning. It was a grudge match between two London teams, with one team the highly favoured side to progress. That made it special.

My top 5

1) Chelsea 3 Barca 1 (2000)

2) Galatasaray 0 Chelsea 5 (1999)

3) Chelsea 4 Barca 2 (2005)

4) Lazio 0 Chelsea 4 (2004)

5) Even though i wasn't around then Chelsea 2 Real Madrid 1 in the cup winners cup in 71 must be up there!

I like to watch the Youtube video of the Arsenal match, Some guy edits it and him and a Chelsea fan are in the pub saying thats what its all about, Brought a tear to my eye last week.

Mine would be the 4-2 against Barca, I went nuts when JT scored that header. JT can be bought for 40 Million but his memorys are priceless.

I think our win against Arsenal was probably the greatest European game, but I think our best European performances are as follows:

1) Chelsea 4-2 Barcelona (04/05)

2) Liverpool 1-3 Chelsea (08/09)

3) Galatasary 0-5 Chelsea (99/00)

4) Chelsea 3-1 Barcelona (99/00)

5) AC Milan 1-1 Chelsea (99/00)

6) Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea (03/04)

7) Lazio 0-4 Chelsea (03/04)

8) Real Madrid 1-2 Chelsea (70/71)

9) Chelsea 4-2 Bayern Munich (04/05)

10) Valencia 1-2 Chelsea (07/08)

11) Chelsea 4-4 Liverpool (08/09)

12) Barcelona 2-2 Chelsea (06/07)

13) Valencia 1-2 Chelsea (06/07)

14) Chelsea 7-1 Tromso (97/98)

15) Chelsea 3-1 Feyenoord (99/00)

I know I wasn't born for 8), but I have the game on DVD, and what a result that was!

Chelsea 2-1 Arsenal

Chelsea 4-2 Barcelona

Liverpool 1- 3 Chelsea

Chelsea 4-2 Bayern

Gala 0-5 Chelsea

Valencia 1-2 Chelsea

but number one is Chelsea 4-2 Barca

I also thought we played brilliant away in Munich where we lost 3-2, even though we conceded those two late goals. Drogba's goal was the best header I've ever seen.

1986. My first, and only Chelsea game at Wembley. Full Member's Cup final. Chelsea 5 Man City 4. My Dad got tickets half way down the side.

0,,10268~5347325,00.jpg

The 2-1 vs Arsenal was definitely my favourite as it was against that team that i hate more than all the evil on this planet and suffering combined, specially those 2004 "untouchables" who only won 1 trophy that year (best week of my life when we knocked em out of europe and Man utd knocked em out the FA Cup. Since 1997 they caused nothing but shit for me at school and every time we played em we just simply didn't win and we (well i) got to a stage where i dreaded those games because i expected defeat. I had left school by the time of the Champions League game too which sucks but it was awesome none the less.

Since then, We've had the better of those north london scummers :)

How I loved the game against Arsenal last season, after they'd taken the piss out of us after getting knocked out by Barca :lol:

How I loved the game against Arsenal last season, after they'd taken the piss out of us after getting knocked out by Barca :lol:

That was just priceless! The whole 'its the losers oh be a 0-0 blah blah' 4 bloody one hah! At the Emrites made it all sweeter

One of my favourite games in Europe is the 3:2 against Pool at the Bridge.

I went on my knees and cried cause finally we made it into the Cl Final.

For me, it had everything a good match needs.

Of course, that 4:2 against Barca was just something else.

But winning against Liverpool in that kinda way. Fantastic. I´ll never forget that Penalty by Lamps.

The win at Highbury in the CL was truly a fantastic result for us.

But for the Barca 4 - 2 had everything, the different emotions that i went through during that game were something else. Our performance was just sensational and to come away with the win and knock Barca out was just special.

Here are some of mine:

Possibly the 3-2 against Livscum in 08. Was listening to my radio and trying to decipher what was going on through the hissing and fizzing as the game went into extra time, when suddenly I heard, quite clearly "AND Chelsea HAVE BEEN AWARDED A PENALTY!" I then put my ear to the radio as Lamps sent Reina the wrong way and then Drogs made sure of the win two minutes later.

Then again, there's the 3-3 draw against Tottenham in 07 and the subsequent replay. They were 3-1 up with 20 minutes to go and it looked all over for our cup hopes and run of home wins against them. Then with 15 minutes left Lamps halves the deficit to 2-3, with five minutes to go Kalou equalises, and in injury time we launch a counter-attack and Shevchenko hits the bar. Then in the replay, also on BBC, two wonder strikes from Shevchenko and Wright-Phillips send us through.

But the winner is:

Chelsea 4-4 Liverpool (Chelsea win 7-5 on aggregate)

Knocking the bastards out for the second year running. And we won't have to face them this year! :D