Stamford Bridge Thread

https://www.london.gov.uk/sites/default/files/PAWS/media_id_286710/stamford_bridge_stadium_report.pdf

This is the report on the stage one judgement of the scheme by the Mayor's office. The report is strongly supportive of the plan but includes findings that the rebuild does not fully comply with regulations in a couple of areas. These concern match day safety issues at Earl's Court station, particularly for weekday games, and carbon reduction issues in terms of energy usage. A summary of these is in paragraph 93 but if you search the terms you'll find further details in the body of the report.

I don't think these issues are insurmountable. If they can be resolved then Mayoral approval should happen pretty quickly but the report makes it clear that the club has to provide satisfactory answers, and agree to having the solutions written into the final conditions before they can resubmit the plan for stage 2 consideration.

8 hours ago, Unionjack said:

They are just referring to a nothing story from the sun.

15 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I think its better the CPO own it, that's how we're managing to stay at SB

LOL I didn't say it was a bad thing. Christ if it wasn't for them I doubt very much if there would be a CFC and certainly not like or where we are now eh!

Iys just I dont know of another club in our situatuin and it can have hassles now n then,

We must still have 190 years left on the lease I wondered what would happen if the club did buy it out?

18 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

LOL I didn't say it was a bad thing. Christ if it wasn't for them I doubt very much if there would be a CFC and certainly not like or where we are now eh!

Iys just I dont know of another club in our situatuin and it can have hassles now n then,

We must still have 190 years left on the lease I wondered what would happen if the club did buy it out?

Yeah its great -means 'orrible speculators cant nick it off us ala Millwall -or the name, we own 'Chelsea Football Club' as well ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

I created an account here to get in touch with fellow fans going regularly to home games mainly to talk about the atmosphere in our stadium.

If I had the chance to fill in one request it would be for our fans to stop trying to make a TIFO or holding banners up to create extra atmosphere OR doing it properly.

It's pathetic at times to be honest. I still remember the first match this season against West Spam where some were making an "Italian flag" to welcome Conte, I cringed off my seat. It was embarrassing to see. Same goes for the "pride of London" banner who nearly implodes every single time because not enough people are holding it up. And then we still have people with their own 'cardboard box' banners they wrote on when they wanted Benitez out or last year aimed at the players. 

This:

http://www.stmirren.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/get-attachment.asp?action=view&attachmentid=417nintchdbpict000259588745.jpg?w=960&strip

A7acmdLCEAAtZw_.jpg

Of course: massive respect for the people who are doing their best for holding these banners up and trying to make some atmosphere but it needs to get better. I know that Chelsea fans aren't the most diehard fans out there in the football world (oldtimers from the 80's excluded) but still, the manager and the players need to feel the support. Same goes for vocal support. At away games it's great, at Stamford Bridge: mediocre. We aren't as noisy as Liverpool (even though their vocal support at Anfield has decreased as well. Tourist fans I believe) 

I want to start a project to create a huge banner in the future when the Bridge reopens after the reconstruction. What I'm aiming at?

CSbu3r8WIAIG5OE.jpg

These are the Feyenoord fans when they were facing Ajax in a cup game. I know Feyenoord fans are diehard and they have a lot of ultras. More than us but still. Would be something great for when the reconstructed Bridge reopens. A big, blue banner.

But that's all future-talk. In the meantime I hope the atmosphere at the Bridge improves, as the club deserves it. KTBFFH.

Not really news as such but first hand confirmation of what has been posted previously. One of the residents of the Shed End flats has been told by Fordstam that he doesn't have to move out until the end of the 2017/18 season as building work won't be starting until then. 

You will remember that the first phase of the build involves knocking down those flats (while the club remains playing at the ground for a season). This seems to confirm that the club will move out - to Wembley presumably - for the 19/20, 20/21 and 21/22 seasons with the new ground opening for 2022/23.

From http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=138465788#post138465788

at the moment The Chinese Group and Company HNA Group, is trying everything they can to be apart of The New Stamford Bridge and to Invest and be The Naming Right Sponsor of Stamford Bridge when The New Chelsea FC Stadium is Done.

The New Stadium Names of Stamford Bridge.

The 'HNA Group Stamford Bridge'

The 'HNA Group Bridge Stadium'

The 'HNA Group Roman Abramovich Stadium'

The 'HNA Group Stadium of Roman Abramovich'

The 'HNA Group Stadium of Chelsea FC'

http://www.hnagroup.com/en/

http://www.hnagroup.com/en/corporation/group-profile/about-us/index.html

Their Logo

HNA GROUP CHINA.png

On 01/03/2017 at 10:47 PM, Fulham Broadway said:

Whole thing ruined by that photo, of that team, collecting the FA Cup at our ground. Horrible.