test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Steve

Stamford Bridge thread

Started by Steve,

2,663 posts in this topic

if i understand right,the CPO members afraid that the fans will not involved in the process of building the new stadium?

yes partly that.

They also dont want the club to move to an area far away from where we are at the moment, which would result in us losing our identity as Chelsea. We have played at Stamford Bridge for 106 years too (since we were formed) so many people see it as wrong for us to move away from our ground

We can't move yet! We have just ordered a new TV screen for above the Matthew Harding Stand!!!!! ;)

The fact is we will not be moving anytime before 2020.A site may already of been found,but construction would not begin overnight.It's not rocket science!

I smell a nasty rat,and it's got Buck and Gourlay written all over it.

Those who favour a move to the London Borough of Brent.Enjoy your new ground!

strong centreback likes this

The fact is we will not be moving anytime before 2020.A site may already of been found,but construction would not begin overnight.It's not rocket science!

I smell a nasty rat,and it's got Buck and Gourlay written all over it.

Those who favour a move to the London Borough of Brent.Enjoy your new ground!

I think RA controls those two puppets though. At the end of the day hes only doing what all the American Premiership Club owners are doing. In fact not as bad, its not 100% profit hes after, -but he does want it to be all his in case Putin demands the Russian peoples money back.

The club has to understand we can't just give up CPO on a loose promise of someone possibly doing something good a few years from now, maybe. I am not someone who says he would never consider a move away from SB, I would, I would consider any serious proposal, but at the moment we have nothing tangible except a "Trust us" and them wheeling out JT in a very transparent act of cheap PR.

So Roman need to Publish Concrete plans of the new stadium to convince the fans.

even if he did many people would still not want to move. It would convince a few people though I'm sure because they would know what they would actually be voting for or against

even if he did many people would still not want to move. It would convince a few people though I'm sure because they would know what they would actually be voting for or against

So it's just a matter of principle?

yes partly that.

They also dont want the club to move to an area far away from where we are at the moment, which would result in us losing our identity as Chelsea. We have played at Stamford Bridge for 106 years too (since we were formed) so many people see it as wrong for us to move away from our ground.

The identity we never had? Because SB isn't located in Chelsea.

And it's just a concrete and metal. Without players and games it wouldn't mean that much, memories are important.

Its mainly the latter. The underhand way its being done, and we're supposed to swallow that these club employees are speaking of their own accord. Funny how it went from a small part of the original statement that actually mentioned the possibility of moving, to - two weeks later - our club captain talking about how great it will be at our big, new stadium. That sort of underhandedness is central to what has caused so many supporters to campaign to vote 'No'.

So that's now Terry, Cundy, Minto and Harris who have all spoken in favour of the move. One thing they all have in common, other than being ex-players: they are all currently employed by Chelsea Football Club. All of them have been quoted on the official website too. Would love an ex-player to have the balls to come out and say, they'd vote 'No' - wonder if that would be top story on the website?

Imo this is so wrong.

The identity we never had? Because SB isn't located in Chelsea.

And it's just a concrete and metal. Without players and games it wouldn't mean that much, memories are important.

Imo this is so wrong.

Interesting to hear a "yes" point of view from a paying ticket fan. I agree that we should vote yes and location does not really bother me. As I have said before though it is easy for me to say that as I am not a local business or buying tickets to watch us on a regular basis. Can totally understand the points of view of fans who are "No" at this stage.

The higher ups at the club obviously could not give a fuck about the true fans and they are defo looking to move somewhere else in London, but then what big club owners do care about the fans espcially in todays climate??