test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Steve

The English Football Thread

Started by Steve,

44,542 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, they have a capable and competent manager again and really shouldn't have any trouble attracting players even without CL football. Can easily see them doing a Liverpool next season and challenge for the title.

Rumors of RvP getting the captaincy spells more trouble with Rooney, though. I think he'd be pissed about that. Still fail to see how you incorporate RvP, Rooney, Mata, Januzaj, and whatever other attacking players they buy.

I think that is good news for them. To be honest that is the sort of manager they should have appointed last summer. A big manager who has been in charge of big clubs and won big trophies. Still, glad they didn't because it was one hell of a laugh watching them crumble!!

If this means that Liverpool will be kept out of the top 4 next season, then good.

One would like to think or hope that Arsenal's luck finally run out and finish outside the Top 4!

Regarding Van Gaal's appointment, think this would mean United are guaranteed to finish in the Top 4 and could well get back to challenging for the title, like Liverpool this season, given they have no European games to contend with. It will also be interesting how Mourinho 'plays' with Van Gaal, especially when the title race heats up, since they are pretty close and have a massive respect for one another.

Regarding Van Gaal's appointment, think this would mean United are guaranteed to finish in the Top 4 and could well get back to challenging for the title

They have three first-team defenders.

Phil Jones

Chris Smalling

Jonny Evans

Hold your horses there. They have a vast rebuilding job to do.

They have three first-team defenders.

Phil Jones

Chris Smalling

Jonny Evans

Hold your horses there. They have a vast rebuilding job to do.

I don't disagree with that but in Van Gaal, they at least have an experienced manager with pedigree and track record that can get United back into the Top 4. It's not like they hired another David Moyes.

Reddish-Blue likes this

I really wish Everton got a CL spot. I think this season was their best chance to for a while. Damn pity they couldn't keep it together.

Giggs has retired too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27470554

Cunt of a man, but one of the best players in English football history. A stalwart of the Premier League and one of the stars of football when I was growing up. His longevity is astounding too and it'll be kinda weird not seeing him on the pitch.

Him and Zanetti going at the same time. :o

boshman likes this

Giggs has retired too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27470554

Cunt of a man, but one of the best players in English football history. A stalwart of the Premier League and one of the stars of football when I was growing up. His longevity is astounding too and it'll be kinda weird not seeing him on the pitch.

Him and Zanetti going at the same time. :o

963 Games and 34 trophies all with one club. Incredible!

Van Gaal is a fantastic appointment for United, he's a really, really good manager. Ask Jose and Pep - who both owe a lot of their managerial experience to him. Some call him the father of Jose and Pep in Holland.

Another character for English football too. As abrasive as Mourinho (maybe even worse), so they'll love him.

United + Van Gaal + that huge war chest they'll probably have this summer... 100% another challenger we have for the PL title now. A difficult one too.

Expect a revitalised RVP too.

Mr_President likes this

Gaal here or there. Nothing to worry about. If he applies his rough treatment with players, manures like Rooney might not perform for him. To say, Gaal & his Manures are going to challenge for the PL title is too premature, in my opinion.

How many top players do we know who want to play for a team out of the CL? Now, let´s be honest here.