The English Football Thread

Steve

Shame that Wigan went down, I would much rather watch them than Norwich or Westham. Proof that 'good' football is often ineffective, especially in England. Anyway, I hope that this means that players like McCarthy will be available in the market. Perfect squad player to play in the pivot, imo.

The problem is that apart from a couple of players such as McCarthy and Gomez, Wigan have not got the squad to play the high pressing passing game Martinez wants. His (imo) one-dimensional managerial style with a god awful defense meant that their luck was going to run out eventually.

Moral is its fine if you want to play in a style that emphasis passing and possession, just make sure you know what players to get. Martinez to me comes across as terrible in the transfer market.

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

The problem is that apart from a couple of players such as McCarthy and Gomez, Wigan have not got the squad to play the high pressing passing game Martinez wants. His (imo) one-dimensional managerial style with a god awful defense meant that their luck was going to run out eventually.

Moral is its fine if you want to play in a style that emphasis passing and possession, just make sure you know what players to get. Martinez to me comes across as terrible in the transfer market.

True, but in terms of purely footballing ability, this Wigan team is a lot better than the likes of Norwich and Westham. I think they'll get slaughtered in the championship, tbh.

Just read, IF Arsenal win 2-1 at Newcastle and Chelsea draw 0-0 with Everton, the two clubs will be level on points, goal difference, goals scored and goals conceded and since there is no H2H in the PL, it's been confirmed that there would be a playoff for 3rd spot!

Just read, IF Arsenal win 2-1 at Newcastle and Chelsea draw 0-0 with Everton, the two clubs will be level on points, goal difference, goals scored and goals conceded and since there is no H2H in the PL, it's been confirmed that there would be a playoff for 3rd spot!

Please make it happen!

I would love to beat Arsenal again! :blue scalf:

True, but in terms of purely footballing ability, this Wigan team is a lot better than the likes of Norwich and Westham. I think they'll get slaughtered in the championship, tbh.

Wigan are better in terms of pure footballing ability but in the PL, you need to be effective.

This isn't Spain, Martinez had a good plan, tried to play good football but Wigan lack quality all over the pitch.

They've been almost relegated for the past 2-3 years, relegation had to happen eventually.. should be interesting to see who gets the job if Martinez leaves...

And there I thought the season can't get any longer :D

Hopefully, we just beat everton, and arsenal loses to sunderland.

Also don't want any extra games.

Week after the season ends we have our "postseason" games in america. Then internationals, meaing a playoff game wouldn't be able to take place until somewhere in june. We don't want to have to drag it out that far. It would only be 2 months til next season by then.

Queens Park Rangers striker Loic Remy has been arrested on suspicion of rape.

The 26-year-old French international is being held by Scotland Yard's sex crime squad together with two other men who were arrested in Fulham, west London.

They are being questioned over allegations that a 34-year-old woman was raped by three men last Monday in west London.

The allegation was passed to the Met from Kent Police on Wednesday.

A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said: "Three men, aged 26, 23 and 22, were arrested at an address in Fulham on suspicion of rape.

"They remain in custody at a west London police station."

Fuck this cuntish shit we've done the double over them scum this season. They can fucking well do one. Ain't the FA heard of head to head? It's all over Europe ffs, they even use it before goal difference in some countries (SPAIN!). Come on, fuck this shit we've done the double over them this season. COME ON NEWCASTLE!

Brighton have sensationally suspended boss Gus Poyet and banned him from the club.

Poyet and his assistants, Mauricio Taricco and Charlie Oatway, have all been instructed to stay away by the Championship side.

They have also been ordered not to contact any of Albion's players, after Poyet told the squad he was likely to quit.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/everton-fulham-candidate-gus-poyet-1893586