The English Football Thread

Steve

Liverpool aren't top of the league though. If people say United are shit and they're sitting 4th or lower then fair enough but they're not.

I havent said Utd are shit, just cunts. I had respect for Everton and have everton mates in Birkenhead , but youre just being provocative.

• Replies 65k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Liverpool aren't top of the league though. If people say United are shit and they're sitting 4th or lower then fair enough but they're not.

Off course you can say United are shit, imo the PL is shit, so the leaders can easily be shit as well.

United's game this season is almost the opposite of what other top teams in Europe are doing, and in the CL its going to be shown again as they are going to get raped by Real. thats how bad the PL is this season.

I think it should have been a red cared for both: Williams for intentionally kicking the ball at his RVP and the latter for his reaction. But that kick being possibly fatal? Not a chance, players take much harder hits when they stand in the wall.

At least when you're standing in a wall waiting for a free kick to be taken you fully expect to get hit. Van Persie was completely unaware and vulnerable, and that can sometimes be crucial. For example, when Drogba collided with Ruddy during the Norwich game, he was struck by some force in the air, but I don't think that would have been nearly enough to knock him out had he been fully expecting to be hit. Of course, there's also the issue of how he was hit, because Drogba was turning his head toward Ruddy as he was hit, but similarly, van Persie could have turned back as Williams booted the ball and could have been hit in a much more dangerous manner. And like Ramzi was saying, Williams could have missed his kick and booted the back of van Persie's head or maybe even his neck. Anything could have happened in that situation and things could have turned out much worse for van Persie. Would he have died? Not very likely, but he certainly could have been hurt very badly on a different day. Having said that, I'm not very happy with Ferguson, either. That man is overenthusiastic when bad things happen to his players or his team, but he's very often been disgustingly apathetic about the wrongdoings of his players to other players.

Cant believe how crap United defence is this season...but their strike force and the fact they do keep going...urgh!!4 sodding 3..hey ho we won

Hahaha Liverpool! My cousin was saying earlier how they havent got a penalty in yonks mainly due to Suraez rep...they get one and yet still loose.

And Nots forest their Manager a bit random espically after they won..apprantly they have a PL manager lined up so wonder who they'll get

A 50/50 Boxing Day it has to be said. That Man Utd game was oh so predictable but oh so fucking heartbreaking but Man City and Liverpool losing was nice, very nice. I thought Villa might've held on against yids because although Villa were truly awful, Tottenham seemed to be struggling but Villa tried to play a bit more in the 2nd half and paid for it. They might go down, seriously, those 2 results will deflate them big time.

Gotta laugh at Man City playing at the Stadium of Light, they always dominate but somehow lose there all the time, i've never seen a team get so unlucky at a stadium.

We're now close to Man City now, 4 points behind with a game in hand but it's unlikely we'll over take them any time soon because i don't think we'll win at Everton on Sunday but you never know. We just have to keep fighting and keep believing. Anything is possible with us.

We're the best team in the league, maybe i'm biased but i actually genuinely, hand on heart believe that... i just can't believe that run we went on to go from 5 points clear to 10 or so points behind which was shocking. We'll win the league again soon when this squad has had a few years together. Man Utd and Man City have been so lucky at times this season, even Man Utd today, look at Newcastles efforts against the post and bar, it's not desire and courage, it's fucking luck! I'm disappointed that we are where we are considering the start we had but i know we're good enough to challenge for a fucking long time.

P.S QPHAHAHAHAHAHA-QPR!

Benteke is shocking, how people where so scared of him not so long ago.

He had a poor game although everyone but Guzan had a poor game and Guzan let in 8 goals. If you're going to judge him then look at his whole body of work. He was a handful for Pool, ManU and he's been decent for the Belgian NT. His touch is far superior to Torres.

Manchester United are very weak this season, but they still manage to win, I don't know how they do that...

Manchster City loss comes in a very nice moment for us, step by step we are getting to the top.

Imagine Chelsea with RVP instead of Torres er wait better not it's too depressing ...

This is how I rationalise the ranking of our rivals. Rating how much I dislike the teams...

Local Derbies

1. Arsenal

2. Tottenham

3. West Ham

4. Queens Park Rangers

5. Fulham

English Derbies

1. Machester United

2. Liverpool

3, Leeds United

European Derbies

1. Barcelona

LIverpool and Barcelona are fast becoming my most hated teams.