• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

If Sheffield United get a CL place then that eclipses Leicester's title in terms of scale of achievement for me. Atleast with Leicester you can point to Kante, Mahrez and Vardy, SHU don't even have any standout individuals apart from at a push Henderson.

Would be an absolutely bonkers feat by Wilder.

19 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
50 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:
This is not enough. Surely FA has to do something as well. 

Rumours of a points deduction. However, I doubt The FA have the guts to actually follow suit.

What point deduction? It should be straight relegation like Juventus.

What point deduction? It should be straight relegation like Juventus.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-city-banned-champions-league-premier-points-uefa-fair-play-a9336946.html

Seems like the timing might have saved City going by the last part of the article.

For the City case I understand the numbers are from 2012 to 2016 when allegedly City was way more attractive as a club than Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal and was making more money that these clubs through sponsorship deals, tickets, global merchandising and other business related stuff that let's be honest we all knew from the off that it was dodgy as fuck. And the same goes for Paris SG. 

The ban is the correct thing to do and should not be rescinded, financial malpractice is illegal every day of the week and City is totally guilty of it. 

In the end UEFA is a corrupt institution, too, but the Champions League is their competition and it is an invitation based one so if City wants to participate in then they must respect the rules like all the others do. 

When you think of it, the likes of Chelsea and Liverpool restrict themselves from buying player X or player Y because it would not look good in the financial books and would maybe exceed their incomes so in the end they (Chelsea and Liverpool) restrict themselves from doing anymore deals. And then comes City giving no fucks about the FFP rules throwing money left and right just to justify that money by some super dodgy income deals through mammoth sponsorpship deals through the Sheik's brother in law company and so on and so forth. 

That club is stuffed with dodgy, inflated as fuck sponsorship deals. Yes they make tons of money, but traced back I bet all those deals involve their owner's companies and business which is wrong, hence the ban is correct in my view. Well partially correct as long as PSG don't get one, too. 

The deeper implications are huge. City are out of the running for virtually every big player including Sancho! City's own players will want to leave the club. Will Real Madrid or Barcelona tempt De Bruyne? Pep will be heading for the exit door too! All of this in a season that is already spiraling. The club had it coming

4 hours ago, Strike said:

Get 4th please. I don't trust this 5th place thing

Nope. Until it's been officially said. But if it does happen and we somehow finish 6th...

Thing is if the ban does stick and the main players do leave let's hope us and other clubs step up. Otherwise just be all about Liverpool for a while. If they go into next season how they have this one especially. Not that City been much of a challenge but for a bit

14 hours ago, Vesper said:

I cannot see it totally blue-washed away

clubs will go apeshit

I mentioned this yesterday.....there is no way they will get off this. Other Clubs will go batshit. And it sends a message that its ok, do what you want. City are fucking pathetic when they say they have done nothing wrong. A blind person can see your shit your cheating scumbags.

13 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

This is not enough. Surely FA has to do something as well. 

If they get only a year ban then it has been well worth it for City, heck even 2 years is getting off cheaply imo. CAS better not fuck up here, they must send a crucial and frim message here.

It is said that they could face point rediction in epl too.....that would be proper.

11 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

For the City case I understand the numbers are from 2012 to 2016 when allegedly City was way more attractive as a club than Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal and was making more money that these clubs through sponsorship deals, tickets, global merchandising and other business related stuff that let's be honest we all knew from the off that it was dodgy as fuck. And the same goes for Paris SG. 

The ban is the correct thing to do and should not be rescinded, financial malpractice is illegal every day of the week and City is totally guilty of it. 

In the end UEFA is a corrupt institution, too, but the Champions League is their competition and it is an invitation based one so if City wants to participate in then they must respect the rules like all the others do. 

When you think of it, the likes of Chelsea and Liverpool restrict themselves from buying player X or player Y because it would not look good in the financial books and would maybe exceed their incomes so in the end they (Chelsea and Liverpool) restrict themselves from doing anymore deals. And then comes City giving no fucks about the FFP rules throwing money left and right just to justify that money by some super dodgy income deals through mammoth sponsorpship deals through the Sheik's brother in law company and so on and so forth. 

That club is stuffed with dodgy, inflated as fuck sponsorship deals. Yes they make tons of money, but traced back I bet all those deals involve their owner's companies and business which is wrong, hence the ban is correct in my view. Well partially correct as long as PSG don't get one, too. 

But psg was worse. How they got money for neymar and mbappe? 

If city are guilty so are they. 

Hence the ban is not justice because you do it for one team but don't do it for the other.