The English Football Thread

Steve

29 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
41 minutes ago, Vesper said:
Nagelsmann was my first choice by far after it became apparent Cone was leaving

There'd have been even more uproar about inexperience had he joined. Not to mention, we would have probably sacked him the moment things went sideways.

the sacking could happen to anyone

and I have followed his career since Hoffenheim, I love his tactical skills and for a young (very young) manager, he seems to have great player management skills

could so see him end up at Bayern eventually

• Replies 65k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

the sacking could happen to anyone and I have followed his career since Hoffenheim, I love his tactical skills and for a young (very young) manager, he seems to have great player management skills

True, but I could easily have seen another AVB situation. Lampard is very fortunate right now going by managers before him.  

Anything hot in the Bundesliga/German normally ends up at Bayern (Klopp seemingly being the exception for now).

7 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

True, but I could easily have seen another AVB situation. Lampard is very fortunate right now going by managers before him.  

Anything hot in the Bundesliga/German normally ends up at Bayern (Klopp seemingly being the exception for now).

Nagelsmann is streets ahead of AVB as a manager

and I have followed his career since Hoffenheim, I love his tactical skills and for a young (very young) manager, he seems to have great player management skills
Question is if big names would respect a young guy with no player career like Nagelsmann. We nowadays don't have big names in our squad, so in our Case it would not matter but in Clubs like Barcelona or Madrid it would.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Question is if big names would respect a young guy with no player career like Nagelsmann. We nowadays don't have big names in our squad, so in our Case it would not matter but in Clubs like Barcelona or Madrid it would.

Mourinho

shit player

and regardless of his many faults

he certainly had the respect of the players at the beginning for multiple years

same as many other managers who were crap players

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Nagelsmann once said that "30% of coaching is tactics, 70% is social competence". It's little wonder that players respond strongly to him. He did great at Hoffenheim and has now seemingly taken Leipzig to another level. 

Mourinho
shit player
and regardless of his many faults
he certainly had the respect of the players at the beginning for multiple years
same as many other managers who were crap players
Yes but Mou at least was older. I don't think guys like Ronaldo and Messi could respect him right now

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Yes but Mou at least was older. I don't think guys like Ronaldo and Messi could respect him right now

non sequitur

I never suggested he go manage now at Barca or Real or Juve

17 minutes ago, Vesper said:

one of your last chances to see Brentford play at Griffin Park

as they move into a great new stadium next season

Image result for new brentford stadiumRelated imageRelated imageImage result for new brentford stadium

We are the biggest football club in London yet we don't have top5 stadium in London :middlefinger:

5 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

We are the biggest football club in London yet we don't have top5 stadium in London :middlefinger:

In a few years we will be the only top 20 (maybe even top 25) club in value in the world with no new or renovated stadium

:rant:

17 hours ago, LAM09 said:

They qualified for CL in the last two seasons. He's made them more competitive with the help of funds (€100m+ along with players like Sanchez still on a hefty wage). You have to take everything into consideration.

They failed to beat Slavia Prague at home & lost to a Barca B side that had nothing to play for. C'mon on.

They were still a non entity, he has instantly made them much better. Out of the blue they are figting for the title, thats on conte. And those so called barca b sides would most likey fuck us over as well just saying. Yes in the end quality matters and he lacks a lot compared to Juve forexample. He is an incredible manager. I for one would not wanna play his inter atm.

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

In a few years we will be the only top 20 (maybe even top 25) club in value in the world with no new or renovated stadium

:rant:

Yes our location etc makes it harder for us to redevelop SB but it can be done. Look how many teams are getting new stadiums, even much smaller Clubs. Ambition is what it is. We are being left in the dust in that department, and many others for that matter.

OT is going to be renovated

Anfield is being expanded yet again

Real and Barca will have magnificent new completely renovated stadiums

Valencia finally is finishing their 2007-2008 financial crisis-stopped stadium

Napoli and Roma get new stadiums soon

Arse and even Bayern are doing a freshening up, so are Dortmund, Ajax, Leverkusen, Leicester, all will expand and add new lux boxes

Lyon just got a new stadium

PSG is going a massive rehab (and new overall facilities)

Olympique Marseille did a huge renovation a few years back, and expanded to almost 70,000 capacity

AC Milan and Inter are getting a new stadium (will be the last on this list to finish perhaps)

Everton soon have a new stadium

Chels

nothing (and soon the permits run out)