The English Football Thread

Steve

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

Indeed. Hilarious to see some pundits/journalists hailed Solskjaer as some sort of tactical genius for getting a draw against Liverpool. Effectively set United up like a plucky smaller team playing against a big side and hoped luck go their way. They might have stopped Liverpool from doing anything going forward but there was no quality whatsoever in the performance. Even their goal, as has been the case of late, came from a turnover/debatable refereeing decision situation. 

Was actually having a similar debate with a United fan who was going on at me for losing this fixture, i said i wouldn't take that performance for an extra point, why? Because in the grand scheme of things it does nothing for United, a point higher in the table but in terms of competing with Liverpool properly it's actually a step back.  Whereas us by comparison went toe to toe with them and despite losing didn't look out of place atall, 0 points but a big step forward in terms of properly competing with Liverpool in the long run.

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

25 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I rate McTominay 

Ironically enough at United he does more than for Scotland but he is still one hell of an average player.

He runs about, tries to get stuck in, has a big physical frame but in a team thats on the front foot, who will be playing against low blocks most weeks, his passing and overall lack of top quality lets him down. 

For Scotland, he is a passenger every game. He sits in a more disciplined role infront of the defence but again, struggles to really impose himself or break the lines with his passing. Doesnt do nearly enough for Scotland to the point where I would rather see Steve Clarke pick Ryan Jack from Rangers in that role.

41 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Was actually having a similar debate with a United fan who was going on at me for losing this fixture, i said i wouldn't take that performance for an extra point, why? Because in the grand scheme of things it does nothing for United, a point higher in the table but in terms of competing with Liverpool properly it's actually a step back.  Whereas us by comparison went toe to toe with them and despite losing didn't look out of place atall, 0 points but a big step forward in terms of properly competing with Liverpool in the long run.

Victimpool would have run them out of the park if they had played them straight up

3, 4 goals at a minimum, even with the truly dreadful Hendo and the even worse Origi

Klopp was a fool for not going with Keita over Henderson from the start

and he needs to give it up with Origi at winger

a complete joke