The English Football Thread

Steve

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

More reports stating Pep has agreed to join Juve. 

Hope he does and I hope Conte's Inter gives him a good run for his money. Coward. 

probably just a rehash of almost 3 month old rumours

Juventus news: 'agreement already reached with Guardiola'

guardiola.manchester.city.2017.18.pugno.

08 March at 16:00

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/juventus-news-agreement-already-reached-with-guardiola-47970

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Will he really go there? Cant see why.....he always picks the strongest and richest Club in a League. Thats his shit, as good as he is, lets be honest he is quality, he still a cheque book manager. He knows he wont win the CL with shitty, they dont have the mentality.....so wouldnt be shocked if he left, and city will be weaker for it.

35 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Why is the Champo playoff final on Monday afternoon? Could it not be Sunday so more people can watch it?

Has been for ages hasn't it? Guess bank holiday weekend and people off.

I'd thought they'd start with the Championship and gone that way rather then do League Two first 

31 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Has been for ages hasn't it? Guess bank holiday weekend and people off.

I'd thought they'd start with the Championship and gone that way rather then do League Two first 

Last year it was Saturday.

It could be later in the afternoon at least, the game will be over by the time I get home from work.

31 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Last year it was Saturday.

It could be later in the afternoon at least, the game will be over by the time I get home from work.

It's been a bank holiday Monday since it started as far as I know. Last year's I can't comment on but it might have clashed with another event in London. When they were played in Wales QPR had just lost to Cardiff a late goal as I recall and the camera panned into the crowd on to one of my best mates who was nearly in tears it took a long time for him to live it down ! 

15 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

It's been a bank holiday Monday since it started as far as I know. Last year's I can't comment on but it might have clashed with another event in London. When they were played in Wales QPR had just lost to Cardiff a late goal as I recall and the camera panned into the crowd on to one of my best mates who was nearly in tears it took a long time for him to live it down ! 

Yeah League Two was on the Monday last year. Who knows. Mix it up. 

I think it can be so cruel. To go all the way get so close and have to start again the season after with no guarantee you'll come close. 

Woops own goal. That's why always worried when we keep backwards passing to Kepa. That one day he'll miss and off into goal it goes

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11701/11728924/stoke-sack-saido-berahino

Berahino sacked by Stoke.

He really seems to fuck his carreer up, a few years ago big teams were after him, now he is a Burundi international sacked by his Championship team.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11701/11728924/stoke-sack-saido-berahino

Berahino sacked by Stoke.
He really seems to fuck his carreer up, a few years ago big teams were after him, now he is a Burundi international sacked by his Championship team.

That's what happens when you have your head turned.

At least he will have the AFCON to gain some interest.

The Championship playoff Final: Get ready for the richest game in sports

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-league-championship/0/blog/post/3860320/championship-playoff-final-aston-villa-and-derby-county-play-for-keeps-in-sports-richest-game

It is the most lucrative one-off fixture in the sporting world, with the financial windfall for the winning team a staggering £170 million -- three times more than the combined value of winning the Champions League, Premier League and FA Cup. The monetary jackpot vastly overshadows that which comes with winning the Super Bowl ($6.25m), NBA Finals ($3.3m) or World Series ($30.4m), but the flip side of the EFL Championship playoff is that the losers not only end up with nothing, they also see the door to the riches of the Premier League slam shut in their face.

On Monday, Aston Villa will play Derby County at Wembley (live on ESPN+ at 9:55 a.m.) for the glory of winning the richest game in team sport.

Villa, relegated from the Premier League in 2016, were beaten by Fulham in last season's final, while Derby, who lost to Queen's Park Rangers in the 2014 final, are attempting to return to the top division for the first time since 2008. They are two of English football's best-supported clubs; Villa's average home crowd this season (36,029) was the 10th highest in the country, while Derby's average of 26,850 was higher than six Premier League teams. And Villa have won more league titles and cups than Manchester City -- and lifted a European Cup in 1982.

There's also an intriguing subplot for the pair: two former Chelsea teammates and legends will be in opposite dugouts on Monday. Frank Lampard is the manager of Derby, while John Terry is Dean Smith's assistant at Villa. The pair won four Premier Leagues together at Stamford Bridge, along with four FA Cups, two League Cups, the Champions League and Europa League.

But only one of them will secure a passport back to the Premier League on Monday. The losers get nothing more than heartache and the prospect of another season in the second tier, with fixtures against Barnsley and Brentford, rather than Manchester United and Liverpool, to look forward to.

snip