test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Steve

The English Football Thread

Started by Steve,

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

this completes the worst weekend I can recall

every single competitor for top 7 won (except shitty, who played another (Manure) and are still above us and then Wolves who only drew but still gained on us)

and we lost to a team that was in the relegation zone

8 teams (counting us) below the top 3 who are now within 7 points or less of 4th place with 42% of the season complete

Lets hope it doesn't continue with tommrow...that just top things off if that all goes wrong

Vesper likes this

every single competitor for top 7 won (except shitty, who played another (Manure) and are still above us and then Wolves who only drew but still gained on us)
8 teams (counting us) below the top 3 who are now within 7 points or less of 4th place with 42% of the season complete

Most play each other next weekend, so we have to beat a dreadful Bournemouth side that have lost 5 on the bounce.
Vesper likes this

4 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
13 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Most play each other next weekend, so we have to beat a dreadful Bournemouth side that have lost 5 on the bounce.

Oh fantastic that game is at home. Saying that our away form isn't that great.

Let's not repeat last years performance.

Vesper likes this

9 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
17 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Bournemouth's entire back 4 are out injured and so are Josh King and Callum Wilson. My god, if we don't beat them this weekend, heads need to roll! :rant::rant::rant:

LAM09, Atomiswave and Vesper like this

the only other teams with 3 out of 4 losses besides us

are

Burnley (but those 3 losses were all to top half teams and 2 of them were to shitty and spuds)

Everton (we lost to them for their only win )

West Ham (we lost to them for their only win)

Bournemouth (who are only team to lose all 4 and now 5 in a row and who we play next)

Watford (bottom of the table and they did draw last game to a top half team)

Just now, Jason said:

We've had our weekends this season but this past weekend is truly shit for us! :rant:

that Wolves draw was the ONLY good news, for fucks sake (and even then they still gained on us, grrr):rant:

Rafa breaking that Pepe goal DOWN

he is so so right, their LB played him (so stupidly) like Pepe was a RIGHT FOOTED winger, completely inverse body position from what he should have been

that is why I so so want a left footed RW, as Willian would offer zero goal threat from position (as would Pulisic and CHO too)

if you look at these two teams (granted the ageing on Milan played some role)

it is MAD that Victimpool won the CL in 2005 (it should have been US in that fucking game!!)

look at the names on Milan

0d62297923d0c0931da9a7a5ddb3c7d4.png

Atomiswave likes this

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Bournemouth's entire back 4 are out injured and so are Josh King and Callum Wilson. My god, if we don't beat them this weekend, heads need to roll! :rant::rant::rant:

They all deserve a dock in wages then. 

Vesper likes this

that was one of the best post games shows ever

superb long conversation with Rafa

he is a football genius

only manager in history to win the UEFA Europa League, UEFA Super Cup, UEFA Champions League, and the FIFA Club World Cup

15 topflight trophies in a 15 year run at 6 of the top 20 clubs in the world (4 of them in the top 10)

3 time European coach of the year

he did piss me off on two of the 3 biggest losses (he had nothing to do with Moscow 2008) for me as a Chels girl

that 2005 CL semifinal when he beat our best team ever :rant: (which would have rendered 75% of this post game moot, lolol)

and then he failed to win the ONLY major trophy (that still exists in one form or another) we do not have, when we lost 1 nil to fucking Corinthians in the 2012 FIFA Club World Cup Final :rant:

Atomiswave likes this

Shanghai SIPG coach Vitor Pereira has ruled himself out of the running for the Everton job.

"It's always an honour and I am utterly grateful to be considered on a list by a club that I have so much respect for," Pereira told Sky Sports.

"At this point I am still the coach of SIPG, a club close to my heart in a country that is growing immensely in football. Currently I am not in a position to make any other commitments.

"I cannot decide now, I need time to think and plan my future by looking at all the options I have. It's a league I love and, yes, for sure I would love to consider an opportunity in the future."

Vitor Pereira out of running for Everton manager's job

On 09/12/2019 at 10:16 PM, milan.cech said:

Watching their defense, even right now, I mean, how is that even possible? How come they are paid the way they are?

We conceded the same number of goals in the PL :wave: