The English Football Thread

Steve

3 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Well Pogba is everyone's darling, playing for England' darling. You are not going to see him sent off.

Yup, I am pretty sure if it were us, it is going to be red card. I thought there is  a trend of giving red card this season, it looka like it is only for chelsea.

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Matic is once again dominating and controlling this game just as he did last week. United so fortunate to have such an easy opening set of fixtures to ease him in. He looks like he's been there for years already.

Just now, communicate said:

Nah they are good. This team is loaded from top to bottom. 

They are talented. No doubt. 

I just think Jose's game has been figured out somewhat and at times the attack gets stale. They created a lot last season too, but had trouble with finishing. I think they'll have a patch like that again. 

I could be wrong though. But, I feel as if some problems are still there from last season. 

They don't really have a glaring weakness at the moment. They have a couple of areas that the other top sides can target (Blind, Jones if he keeps his place, and using pace against Matic) but against these smaller sides like West Ham, Swansea, and basically every side below the top 6-7 they'll probably dominate. The talent gap is colossal.

Their starting XI isn't any more impressive than City/Spurs/Chelsea/Arsenal but with the way Mou sets his teams out tactically is what makes them scary.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

They don't really have a glaring weakness at the moment. They have a couple of areas that the other top sides can target (Blind & Jones if he keeps his place, and using pace against Matic) but against these smaller sides like West Ham, Swansea, and basically every below the top 6-7 they'll probably dominate. The talent gap is colossal.

Their starting XI isn't any more impressive than City/Spurs/Chelsea/Arsenal but with the way Mou sets his teams out tactically is what makes them scary.

And compare the subs they have to our subs...

3 minutes ago, DDA said:

They do look good. Let's make a clear judgement of how good they really are once they have played the likes of City, Yids and ourselves.

9 minutes ago, Thor said:

They are talented. No doubt. 

I just think Jose's game has been figured out somewhat and at times the attack gets stale. They created a lot last season too, but had trouble with finishing. I think they'll have a patch like that again. 

I could be wrong though. But, I feel as if some problems are still there from last season. 

For me last season, they have the best squad yet they spend over 100 m again this season without selling anybody. So they are good. 

They're now 6 points and +9 goal difference ahead of us after just 2 matches...

Can't bear to read the same over and over. Last week you admitted to the kneejerk reactions, still you keep having them...

Go ahead and give them the two rounds trophy. They've certainly earned it

Utd are beatable. They have beat a poor WH team who couldn't string two passes together, were useless in attack, and gave the ball away constantly, all while their two best players missing in Lanzini and Antonio. Utd today looked average against a Swansea side who were in a relegation battle last season and have added nobody of improvement to their team. In fact they have lost arguably their best player in Sigursson. Swansea had chances against Utd though, but up top they had the inexperienced Tammy leading the line on his own fighting for scraps, and bloody Ayew!

It took a headed corner for Utd to take the lead, but they really didn't look impressive at all. There is a difference beating a team 0-4 convincingly while playing the team off the park and the opposition completely capitulating and offering next to nothing in the form of offence, while defending like a drunk on a Saturday night. One thing can be certain, Jose cannot moan and whine about fixtures now seeing as they have been gifted a fixture list in which they don't play a top team until October. "JAMMY, JAMMY, MAN UTD!"