test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Steve

The English Football Thread

Started by Steve,

27 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Incredible, isn't it? The champions just 4 points above the relegation zone at the end of January. Embarrassing.

True, but what also frustrated me the most is that teams like Norwich, Southampton etc....came out of Old Trafford with 3 points but us ? We went to OT and parked the bus against an extremely wounded Man U, should have went for the kill...who knows. Maybe we would had nick a goal or two.

Edited by AWorriedChelseaFan
spelling

Or lost with a goal or two :P this whole season has been bloody frustrating and so insane.Who'd thought we'd won the league last year...now wooohey  14th place with 6 wins hahah....

I feel I've nearly run out interest in this sport recently.

Chelsea's nearly incessant crap play for x-number of years and poor TV coverage in the U.S. of Italy and Spain --along with a recent lack of Eredivisie and Bundesliga, have nearly extirpated my passion for the game. No, I'm not turning on another La Liga match to see Messi, nor Madrid because I DON'T FUCKING CARE. Not another boring InterMilan match either.

The Premier League keeps getting applause from the pundits, but I'm seeing a lot of crap play aside from Chelsea. 

Payet is fucking awesome and a very entertaining player..!! this guy has some turns and skills... also takes his team to another level

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Unlike Oscar he has brilliant close control and can reliably beat a man (or more) with his dribbling ability. He's also a more robust and won't get bullied off the ball. Lastly, he's got the one thing a top #10 should have: vision!

Would be a great signing for us. 

The only thing is that he's almost 29 and plays for West Ham; they'd want us bent over a barrell before they sell to us. 

What I can't understand though is why he was never looked at before West Ham got him. As far as I know he had a stupid amount of assists last season as well, first in the French league with 15+ I believe. It's something we've desperately missed since Mata left...

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/nml0.mp4

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/6tab.mp4

Couldn't help but smile when I read Utd sold this guy in the summer as it confirmed any chances of winning the league were gone. If only Real pushed through for that De Gea deal.

Utd and Chelsea ruled the PL for so long, I guess it's only normal they both declined. With the inevitable cycles in football and all.

Utd need a new midfield and attack. Chelsea need a new midfield and defence. Shocking state of affairs.

I don't know what City is doing. The balance in that team is incredibly off. How did they allow that to happen? But it's a good for the league. Arsenal need only two astute signings (and a better medical staff and/or better fitness regime!) to become the new leading team in England. It will be interesting to see if they seize this opportunity to grab the position of power in England.

The PL has turned into the Eredivisie with money. It's absolutely crazy. By far the most enjoyable campaign I've witnessed, although I question the quality. But who cares really, this is great. It would've been far more enjoyable if it wasn't for Chelsea's implosion though.

1 hour ago, The Mak said:

The only thing is that he's almost 29 and plays for West Ham; they'd want us bent over a barrell before they sell to us. 

What I can't understand though is why he was never looked at before West Ham got him. As far as I know he had a stupid amount of assists last season as well, first in the French league with 15+ I believe. It's something we've desperately missed since Mata left...

Oh, shit, he is!? I thought he was much younger than that! Like early-mid 20's.

1 hour ago, Cosmin said:

Dele Alli's goal against Palace is the best that I've ever seen. Better than Zidane's against Leverkusen. 

DF2DFhS.gif

Haha, each to their own, but I'm not having any of that! 

You have to take technique and circumstance into equal consideration - Zidane won a Champions League final with that goal. Alli helped Spurs beat Crystal Palace.

For the record, I don't think that Alli goal is even close to being the best in the PL this season - Martina against Arsenal has that one all sewn up. 

Essien19 likes this

I didn't say Alli's goal was more important than Zidane's. I'm just saying that the execution itself is more spectacular for me. 

Leicester will win the league if they continue to play their hearts out.  They've a hard month ahead of them but as they've shown this season, they can beat anyone. 

Essien19 likes this

On 1/23/2016 at 4:56 PM, Mana said:

United lose...

Leicester win...

Good day so far for me. :) (yes I will dream with Leicester for them to win the league)

So let's review this.

United lose...

Leicester win...

City draw...

Everton & Martinez lose...

BEAT THOSE DELUDED GOONS...

...when was the last time we had an awesome weekend like this? It's just a shame that we aren't in the title race this season. Just a shame.

Essien19, kellzfresh and guddy6969 like this