test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim

Give Us Some Feedback

Started by Jim,

173 posts in this topic

noticed the new log in section in the homepage and also the new "please stand by..." part

sheer class Jim :thumbsup:

Something I thought I'd mention as it seems to cut down on the amount of quotes on another forum.

An "Appreciate/laugh" button.

I know it might sound corny, but it would cut down on the number of :lol: posts. Might help in keeping the forum tidy and less cluttered.

I dunno if we really need to discourage posting atm.

Its not discouraging posting.

Loads of posts saying...I agree, yeah, :lol: , :P , etc... dont really add to anything other than to your post count.

A simple click of a button and its done, then if you want to elaborate on the thread do so. I dont think it would change much on wether people post or not, its more for the purpose of keeping things less cluttered.

I see your point, but it would make it look as if there were less posts none the less, unless we managed to get a way of making such things still count towards the number of posts in a thread (but not necessarily someone's post count).

Take this thread for example.

Theres been 2,682 views and 70 posts before I posted. Thats about a 3% post per view rate. (If my maths is any good)

I know Jim puts alot of work into the forum, something like this would at least show that people give a toss about the time and effort he puts in. So its not specifically for the clamp down of random smilie posts, but also recognition, not just for Jim, but for other members in the forum who go out of their way to do things to try to take the forum forward and provide other members with info that they wouldnt normally be aware of.

Right bit of a moan. Seems to be quite a lot of threads started where someone just copies and pastes an article from Goal/Metro/Tribal or a tabloid which is often trivial or sometimes irrelevant.

Not only that, but often no source or the poster makes no comment about it. Its just there hanging like a fart.

I'm sure we're all a bright bunch, got to be as we're Chelsea fans, it would be good for posters to contribute their thoughts, ideas, and what they really think more......

Right bit of a moan. Seems to be quite a lot of threads started where someone just copies and pastes an article from Goal/Metro/Tribal or a tabloid which is often trivial or sometimes irrelevant.

Not only that, but often no source or the poster makes no comment about it. Its just there hanging like a fart.

I'm sure we're all a bright bunch, got to be as we're Chelsea fans, it would be good for posters to contribute their thoughts, ideas, and what they really think more......

I'm guilty of that myself sometimes tbh.

Must do better.........

I'm guilty of that myself sometimes tbh.

Must do better.........

:D me as well. It would just be more interesting if there were more threads with people saying ''I think this...bla bla '' and get a bit of debate going? It is Talk Chelsea after all :)

:D me as well. It would just be more interesting if there were more threads with people saying ''I think this...bla bla '' and get a bit of debate going? It is Talk Chelsea after all :)

Waiting 2-3 days for a reply takes the fun out of it though. :D

Waiting 2-3 days for a reply takes the fun out of it though. :D

Definitely -I imagine people just staring at posts, either too shy to post or worried about saying the wrong thing. But I'm guilty of not being arsed half the time....

Im guilty of these things too but when it is only like 5 or 6 posters always discussing things it does get a bit boring.

Im doing my best to advertise the forum around. To all the new members and even members who have signed up to the forum but not contributing, i have sent them an email just letting them know to get involved and that we are a friendly community and your input in welcome and not to be shy. Hopefully it gets a few more people posting.

I also tried adding us to a top rated football sites, im still waiting for confirmation emails from them but as soon as i receive them i will make a topic and everyone here must get voting for us so we can make this place a bigger and better community. Do you guys think that was a good idea?

Cos im lost for ideas on how we can make this place bigger???

i think the site should be easier to understand, when i first came i wasnt sure what was ment to go in the matthew harding stand and so on. there are too many threads being open for articles like there is a portsmouth vs Chelsea thread then there is the same thing with the final score when it could just be one thread. for eg my juventus forum isnt perfect but its a lot easier to understand.

threads for transfers are opened only in the section of the froum called the transfer section and only if there are legit quotes from good sources.

but then we have a discussion thread for transfers once again in the transfer section which is called the the wish list and general discussion thread. this is the right place to dicuss who you want to see at the club and to post qoutes from nnews sources if you feel these quotes arent ebough to start a new thread over.

then we have a match section of the forum where matches are discussed. and artiicles are posted in there respective match threads.

then we have the team talk section which is about players and the coach, also tactics.mostly every player has a thread.

then we have other miscellanous threads which are in the hangout, in this section its pretty much just discussion about things other than football.

then we also have the off topic section which is about political issues,games,movies etc...

it hink like this its more user freindly and organised. i find the forum is a bit all over the place with too many pointless threads.

http://www.juventuz.com/forum/ if you want to take a look at my forum.