FA Youth Cup semi-final

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saville has got to get subbed off, horrible game so far. Almost every Man U chance has been because of him giving away the ball cheaply. Hasn't had 1 good pass in the first half.

Goal for Man U, nasty deflection. Lucky goal for them. 3-3 on aggregate now.

Another goal, bad defending. 2-0 and 4-3 on aggregate. Chelsea in trouble now.

We didn't deserve to lose 4-0. Well, I had the seniors game on on the laptop and this on the tele. Flicking from one to the other but prioritising the seniors game meant I only saw glimpses of this but we did not play badly at all.

We didn't deserve to lose 4-0. Well, I had the seniors game on on the laptop and this on the tele. Flicking from one to the other but prioritising the seniors game meant I only saw glimpses of this but we did not play badly at all.

Actually we played incredibly badly, so many passes going astray, struggling to create anything in attack, it was a poor poor performance. For me Dermot Drummy has to take the blame for this one, the descision to change from 4-3-3 to the midfield diamond was a shocking thing to do. This Chelsea team play 4-3-3, they play quick high tempo attacking football. Drummy set them up to try and hold to their 1 goal lead and the negativity of the formation and tactics took the players outof their natural game and they couldn't recover. Everything that has been good about this youth team was totally missing last night, and it is such a shame. These boys didn't deserve to go out last night like that.

Also playing Josh in the holding role in the second half was another tactical blunder. Again this team has always played with balance, the right type of players in the positions. With 3 midfielders (McEachran, Chalobah and Saville) 2 of them are more defensive and 1 is a attacking midfield playmaker, and to play the attacking player in holding role when we needed a goal was criminal. Our proper football was never given a chance and do have done that at this stage was terrible.

Having said that Man Utd are a bloody good youth team, and they certainly physically dominated us.........

^ Feared that would happen, I'll look forward to seeing the highlights no doubt. The lads did do great to get to the semi's, we've had great games along the way and fight on next season, are we going to see Drummy speaking anytime soon?

We got beaten by a better side on the night,' said Drummy.'Perhaps if Milan Lalkovic had taken his chance first half and we had got one of theirs off the line then you never know but they deserved it.

'The boys are learning the game and it was a massive occasion. Sometimes you freeze and your energy goes because of the anxiety and that might have happened to a few but I wouldn't fault them for effort from the beginning of the completion to now.

'We have done ourselves proud up to now. The boys are really upset but we have to pick them up and it is learning curve. You have to come back and fight another day.'

Having said that Man Utd are a bloody good youth team, and they certainly physically dominated us.........

Then they should certainly be proud of having beaten them at the Bridge! At least we crashed out to a better team. Hope this means a few appearances in the seniors for Josh now :)

Then they should certainly be proud of having beaten them at the Bridge! At least we crashed out to a better team. Hope this means a few appearances in the seniors for Josh now :)

Wouldn't count on it, until things are Mathematically done and dusted Carlo will field his strongest side.

I wonder how different things would be if we had gone 4-3-3 from the start and played our normal game? Who knows, Man Utd are still a top side with some great players so it would have been a tough game anyway. A lot of this side will be able to play in next seasons comp also.