test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J.F.

Wayne Rooney

Started by J.F.,

5,762 posts in this topic

Well it would be funny to see Rooney hated by the English public if he signs for Chelsea.

English + Chelsea = Evil, hateful creature that needs to be shunned and shammed by the English media and public.

He is not a striker, and if we do buy him i could see him replacing Lampard for a few years while the likes of De Bruyne, Chalobah and Mceachran develop into future first team players.

yeah, Rooney in the double pivot.

ok, did I loose it or how did you get to that idea of him in de dp... I can't even laugh about it if Emenalo is reading this he is bought by now...

ok, did I loose it or how did you get to that idea of him in de dp... I can't even laugh about it if Emenalo is reading this he is bought by now...

it was meant ironicially ;)

Great player,

His work rate and aggression is something we are desperately needing.

Who cares if he's a prick as a person, it's his ability we should think about.

Lets face it its not like all our players shit don't stink !

He would improve any team he goes to.

Also would be funny to see him shout at Torres to pull his finger out lol.

Lmao, I was wondering how long it would take for this to pop up.

But no thanks. He's never come through in a big match in his career and he won't begin now. Not to mention his wage demands etc.

That is one bad comparison.

Maybe so. But some ppl have already mention that they dont see Rooney as a pure striker (Falcao, RvP) - and i agree. Rooney is best in a free role, and we already have Hazard and Mata, and i rate them higher than Rooney.

IF we would go after a striker (hope not, Lukaku, Ba and a third choice is enough), Falcao would be the best fit.

I think he's been poor (by his standards) last couple of years, but I certainly wouldn't mind him playing in front of Hazard, Mata and Oscar. He can score goals, and so can the three amigos.

Blue Armour likes this

Maybe so. But some ppl have already mention that they dont see Rooney as a pure striker (Falcao, RvP) - and i agree. Rooney is best in a free role, and we already have Hazard and Mata, and i rate them higher than Rooney.

IF we would go after a striker (hope not, Lukaku, Ba and a third choice is enough), Falcao would be the best fit.

Rooney isn't a pure striker - everyone will agree with that. That doesn't mean he's comparable to Hazard who has a complete different set of skills and playing style, Mata and Hazard are also very different players, even though they both prefer the attacking midfield position.

Rooney would definitely improve our team, despite the fact that we have Mata and Hazard who want the free role. Not that I think there is even a slight possibility he'd ever join.

Rooney is a cunt so is Suarez , if we are actually so desperate I think we should go for Suarez .

Would take him over rvp any day. Rooney is dangerous, something we haven't seen around here lately.

RVP as a striker is far more dangerous than Rooney is or ever will be.

RVP as a striker is far more dangerous than Rooney is or ever will be.

Robin Van Persie Goal tally since 2001: 176

Wayne Rooney Goal tally since 2002 213

Not only has Van Persie played in an easier league and for longer, Wayne Rooney is also two years younger, so please explain to me the reason why RVP is better then Rooney?

Muzchap likes this

Stats only show half of the story, mind.

You can't really compare Rooney and RVP - but right now, as goalscoring centre-forwards, RVP is doing a more emphatic job, which would suggest his superiority at this very moment.

However Rooney is an incredibly versatile player and his vision is underrated. He has a good range of passing and is as creative a player that England have had since Gazza.

Peace. likes this