Wayne Rooney

J.F.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not in a million years. Have we seriously not learned from Sheva and Torres?

Why the hell should we even think about signing players touching 30 on massive wages? Sure, he can play a number of positions, but have we forgotten about our great young players like Lukaku, KDB etc. who can give us over a decade of service and have the potential to be as good as, or even better than, Rooney?

Seriously, some fans see a big name and say "yup! definitely!". Whereas I see him as someone who is going to struggle with his weight and fitness in the next couple of years, possibly ending up like THE Ronaldo. Not to mention he's one of the most inconsistent strikers on the planet; can score loads, but tends to come in spurts throughout the season and when he's playing bad, everyone knows about it.
Put it this way, it's nearing the end of the season and Fergie is worried about his fitness...If he's unfit and still acting the tart by smoking/drinking etc. at his age, in a club like United, under a manager like Fergie, then I shudder to think what he'd be like at any other club, never mind here.

Personally, when compared to the brilliant youth players we can play for many, many years instead of him for only a few, I'll put Rooney in the 'never' column, thanks.

I cannot tell whether he will be sold or not, but that would not surprise me in the slightest. It's pretty clear that there's a fall out between him and Ferguson. And I do not think that's just a "non-story" from medias.

Do you remember two years ago the transfert saga around Rooney ? Do you remember how he held Ferguson to ransom ? If you do not, Alex Ferguson do remember it well. At that time he did have to bow and to give to Rooney what he wanted — because Rooney was the star, and it would have been a major blow to either sell him or drop him from the squad.

But now that's different. There's Van Persie. And there's Welbeck who isn't the worst striker out there. In short, Rooney is not as much needed as he was before. Ferguson can afford to bench him.

Plus, as far as i can recall, Ferguson always had problem with him, regarding his fitness and hygiene/health. So I don't know whether there will be sale or not, but the thing sure is that it's payback time.

I think Rooney would be very good at Chelsea. Maybe some fans would be against it, that's only natural but I believe he would prove them wrong on the field. With Terry and Lampard near the end of their Chelsea career he also fits in the picture of replacing those two.

Rooney could be the player we are missing. I would love to see us go for him, imagine all the united fans crying.

Not really. We need a pure finisher, a central holding midfielder, and a new manager who doesn't promote zero off the ball movement during training...

Never going to happen. Rooney is a classy player, but i would not want us to go for him. Rooney means trouble and it is improbable our next manager would be as patient with him as Ferguson. Chelsea is a middle-class club and that is not only history. Most of our players have their A-levels or equivalent, are predominantly good-looking, groomed and cultivated individuals. Now look at Rooney. He has always come across as brutish, scruffy, repellent chav, probably the ugliest man in English football next to Tevez and Ferdinand. So he is a perfect fit for the Liverpool/Manchester sinkhole and their proletarian clubs and clientel. He will never come here, i am quite sure he will go to spain if he leaves Utd.

Never going to happen. Rooney is a classy player, but i would not want us to go for him. Rooney means trouble and it is improbable our next manager would be as patient with him as Ferguson. Chelsea is a middle-class club and that is not only history. Most of our players have their A-levels or equivalent, are predominantly good-looking, groomed and cultivated individuals. Now look at Rooney. He has always come across as brutish, scruffy, repellent chav, probably the ugliest man in English football next to Tevez and Ferdinand. So he is a perfect fit for the Liverpool/Manchester sinkhole and their proletarian clubs and clientel. He will never come here, i am quite sure he will go to spain if he leaves Utd.

isn't he a school leaver too?

i remember he was asked once(don't remember where)if he didn't make it as a pro footballer what would he be, and he answered "probably a plumber". enough said.

Really solid reliable player that has had two world class seasons. He is not world class but he has hit world class from twice in his career.

I can't believe how much his dribbling and pace have regressed since he his Everton and early Manc days. He used to be capable of magic moments, now all we get is an awkward bicycle that totally was not as brilliant as Berbatov's.

The likelihood of Rooney leaving United is the same as Torres leaving Chelsea.

Both clubs want them out, so good luck trying to find a buyer considering their wages and level of play.

what has been wrong with Rooney's level of play this season?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You