test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J.F.

Wayne Rooney

Started by J.F.,

5,762 posts in this topic

The likelihood of Rooney leaving United is the same as Torres leaving Chelsea.

Both clubs want them out, so good luck trying to find a buyer considering their wages and level of play.

Muzchap likes this

I think Rooney would be very good at Chelsea. Maybe some fans would be against it, that's only natural but I believe he would prove them wrong on the field. With Terry and Lampard near the end of their Chelsea career he also fits in the picture of replacing those two.

Rooney could be the player we are missing. I would love to see us go for him, imagine all the united fans crying.

Rooney could be the player we are missing. I would love to see us go for him, imagine all the united fans crying.

Not really. We need a pure finisher, a central holding midfielder, and a new manager who doesn't promote zero off the ball movement during training...

Never going to happen. Rooney is a classy player, but i would not want us to go for him. Rooney means trouble and it is improbable our next manager would be as patient with him as Ferguson. Chelsea is a middle-class club and that is not only history. Most of our players have their A-levels or equivalent, are predominantly good-looking, groomed and cultivated individuals. Now look at Rooney. He has always come across as brutish, scruffy, repellent chav, probably the ugliest man in English football next to Tevez and Ferdinand. So he is a perfect fit for the Liverpool/Manchester sinkhole and their proletarian clubs and clientel. He will never come here, i am quite sure he will go to spain if he leaves Utd.

chelsea_4_eva likes this

Never going to happen. Rooney is a classy player, but i would not want us to go for him. Rooney means trouble and it is improbable our next manager would be as patient with him as Ferguson. Chelsea is a middle-class club and that is not only history. Most of our players have their A-levels or equivalent, are predominantly good-looking, groomed and cultivated individuals. Now look at Rooney. He has always come across as brutish, scruffy, repellent chav, probably the ugliest man in English football next to Tevez and Ferdinand. So he is a perfect fit for the Liverpool/Manchester sinkhole and their proletarian clubs and clientel. He will never come here, i am quite sure he will go to spain if he leaves Utd.

isn't he a school leaver too?

i remember he was asked once(don't remember where)if he didn't make it as a pro footballer what would he be, and he answered "probably a plumber". enough said.

Really solid reliable player that has had two world class seasons. He is not world class but he has hit world class from twice in his career.

I can't believe how much his dribbling and pace have regressed since he his Everton and early Manc days. He used to be capable of magic moments, now all we get is an awkward bicycle that totally was not as brilliant as Berbatov's.

The likelihood of Rooney leaving United is the same as Torres leaving Chelsea.

Both clubs want them out, so good luck trying to find a buyer considering their wages and level of play.

what has been wrong with Rooney's level of play this season?

Rooney on the pitch is equivalent to two players. His work rate is probably higher than all of our players together!

Ramires > Azpi > Shrek

what has been wrong with Rooney's level of play this season?

Not so much his performances but more his commitment and fitness levels. Fergie may sense he is on the decline (he has been playing for well over a decade) and may be looking to cash in.

He looks much more out of shape then he did three or four years ago.

robsblubot and English Freak like this

We don't need to buy another 27 year old striker who is physically on the decline and brings a lot of baggage to the club. We have Ba and Lukaku - let's focus on other areas on the pitch and maybe supplementing those two guys with a third option.

We don't need to buy another 27 year old striker who is physically on the decline and brings a lot of baggage to the club. We have Ba and Lukaku - let's focus on other areas on the pitch and maybe supplementing those two guys with a third option.

Agree with this, the last time we bought a 27 year old striker on the decline it turned up so well! Besides, if SAF thinks hes on a decline and want to cash in then there must be a big issue with Rooney. No matter how some people hate SAF he is one of the best coaches and hes rarely misjudged players

He is not a striker, and if we do buy him i could see him replacing Lampard for a few years while the likes of De Bruyne, Chalobah and Mceachran develop into future first team players.

He is not a striker, and if we do buy him i could see him replacing Lampard for a few years while the likes of De Bruyne, Chalobah and Mceachran develop into future first team players.

So we're going to stick him in the double pivot? He may well have the ability to move back into the pack like Scholes did, but if that was definitely the case then I can see another team who are crying out for a replacement for an ageing midfielder being interested in him.

They'd have a slight advantage being that they already own him.

The Skipper likes this