Wayne Rooney

J.F.

This guy is such a mystery; a brilliant striker, tracks back, yet there is something about him like he goes missing in big games and loses will to play...But I dont believe Manu would sell him to us, neither would Rooney want to come here

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He ain't going anywhere.

Some of these figures these papers are pulling out of their asses are laughable too. £20m? As if!

Strange thing is that Rooney leaving would fall in line with rumors that United are seriously in for Lewandowski. Ready made replacement who has chemistry with Kagawa.

Couldn't see Rooney leaving for anything under £35m but can't see it happening at all.

don't need him! he isn't a better number 10 than Mata and he wont be our number 9 as we will sign a true number 9 in the summer only way i would want him here is if he converts into a Scholes like CM, but i cant see that happening.

No thanks. Hasn't exactly been consistently great for some time and I don't think having a troublesome player like him would be helpful if even Fergie can't be bothered with him any longer.

This guy is such a mystery; a brilliant striker, tracks back, yet there is something about him like he goes missing in big games and loses will to play...But I dont believe Manu would sell him to us, neither would Rooney want to come here

Really? Sounds like a myth to me.

I remain doubtful they'd sell, but yeah, he'd be a great addition to any club. He's been one of the best strikers in the world over the last decade and likely still has a good 3 or 4 years left at a top level. 11 goals, 9 assists, strong in the air, great at holding up the ball, can slot into a team in a few different places. He's nobody's favourite person, but he's a top player.

I agree with most of what you said except for the bolded bit. He's never looked up his body as well as he could, especially in the off-season. I think this is why Fergie might be looking to get rid of him now. He's been playing since he was 16 and he was able to play at that age at the top-level not just because he was technically sound but because he was physically strong. But carrying that much muscle does put a strain on the bits you can't strengthen and he's never worked as hard on his body as someone like Ronaldo.

I think he's going to struggle as he gets closer to 30 and I don't see him being a top-class striker many years beyond that.

The danger is he was rested against Madrid to be unleashed and fired up for Sunday, feeling he has something to prove.

I dont believe the media hype about him leaving -and yernited probably wouldnt sell to another Prem club anyway.

Also if he came here, all the grandmothers in London would have to lock their doors.....

I remember the last transfer saga about him, turned out to be him wanting more money!

Nah nah nah that was just a rumour..he stayed because he is loyal and realised the error of his ways and loves the club blah blah

Exactly he has been crap of late so benched.Pretty much all there is to it.Werent completly dropped

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You