test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J.F.

Wayne Rooney

Started by J.F.,

5,762 posts in this topic

Highly overrated , they'll have to sell him though to ensure Ronaldo's massive transfer if that's actually going to happen. Which is quite unlikely imo

don't need him! he isn't a better number 10 than Mata and he wont be our number 9 as we will sign a true number 9 in the summer only way i would want him here is if he converts into a Scholes like CM, but i cant see that happening.

No thanks. Hasn't exactly been consistently great for some time and I don't think having a troublesome player like him would be helpful if even Fergie can't be bothered with him any longer.

The Mak likes this

This guy is such a mystery; a brilliant striker, tracks back, yet there is something about him like he goes missing in big games and loses will to play...But I dont believe Manu would sell him to us, neither would Rooney want to come here

Really? Sounds like a myth to me.

I remain doubtful they'd sell, but yeah, he'd be a great addition to any club. He's been one of the best strikers in the world over the last decade and likely still has a good 3 or 4 years left at a top level. 11 goals, 9 assists, strong in the air, great at holding up the ball, can slot into a team in a few different places. He's nobody's favourite person, but he's a top player.

I agree with most of what you said except for the bolded bit. He's never looked up his body as well as he could, especially in the off-season. I think this is why Fergie might be looking to get rid of him now. He's been playing since he was 16 and he was able to play at that age at the top-level not just because he was technically sound but because he was physically strong. But carrying that much muscle does put a strain on the bits you can't strengthen and he's never worked as hard on his body as someone like Ronaldo.

I think he's going to struggle as he gets closer to 30 and I don't see him being a top-class striker many years beyond that.

The Mak likes this

The danger is he was rested against Madrid to be unleashed and fired up for Sunday, feeling he has something to prove.

I dont believe the media hype about him leaving -and yernited probably wouldnt sell to another Prem club anyway.

Also if he came here, all the grandmothers in London would have to lock their doors.....

I remember the last transfer saga about him, turned out to be him wanting more money!

Nah nah nah that was just a rumour..he stayed because he is loyal and realised the error of his ways and loves the club blah blah

Exactly he has been crap of late so benched.Pretty much all there is to it.Werent completly dropped

An accident waiting to happen. Who knows how many super injunctions he has in place, etc, and he is more protected at United from the press than a JT has been, would be an utter nightmare....

The Mak likes this

Goal.com says he has 18 goals and 15 assists in 32 appearances for club and country.

Thats a massively impressive stat even though he doesnt look as good as he was

Not in a million years. Have we seriously not learned from Sheva and Torres?

Why the hell should we even think about signing players touching 30 on massive wages? Sure, he can play a number of positions, but have we forgotten about our great young players like Lukaku, KDB etc. who can give us over a decade of service and have the potential to be as good as, or even better than, Rooney?

Seriously, some fans see a big name and say "yup! definitely!". Whereas I see him as someone who is going to struggle with his weight and fitness in the next couple of years, possibly ending up like THE Ronaldo. Not to mention he's one of the most inconsistent strikers on the planet; can score loads, but tends to come in spurts throughout the season and when he's playing bad, everyone knows about it.
Put it this way, it's nearing the end of the season and Fergie is worried about his fitness...If he's unfit and still acting the tart by smoking/drinking etc. at his age, in a club like United, under a manager like Fergie, then I shudder to think what he'd be like at any other club, never mind here.

Personally, when compared to the brilliant youth players we can play for many, many years instead of him for only a few, I'll put Rooney in the 'never' column, thanks.

Fulham Broadway and MetsajCFC like this

I cannot tell whether he will be sold or not, but that would not surprise me in the slightest. It's pretty clear that there's a fall out between him and Ferguson. And I do not think that's just a "non-story" from medias.

Do you remember two years ago the transfert saga around Rooney ? Do you remember how he held Ferguson to ransom ? If you do not, Alex Ferguson do remember it well. At that time he did have to bow and to give to Rooney what he wanted — because Rooney was the star, and it would have been a major blow to either sell him or drop him from the squad.

But now that's different. There's Van Persie. And there's Welbeck who isn't the worst striker out there. In short, Rooney is not as much needed as he was before. Ferguson can afford to bench him.

Plus, as far as i can recall, Ferguson always had problem with him, regarding his fitness and hygiene/health. So I don't know whether there will be sale or not, but the thing sure is that it's payback time.