test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

J.F.

Wayne Rooney

Started by J.F.,

5,762 posts in this topic

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney could leave the club in the summer after a furious row with manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

The News of the World reports their relationship is at breaking point after a series of run-ins.

United could now be willing to sell their talisman, alerting Chelsea, Manchester City and Real Madrid, with bidding likely to start at £60million.

The England striker threatened to leave this season but Ferguson convinced him to change his mind and the striker signed a lucrative new contract extension.

But Rooney is still unhappy about the quality of players at Old Trafford, while his manager wants him to concentrate on improving his own form.

Ferguson wants to rid the dressing room of Rooney's disruptive influence but will not want to sell to a Premier League rival, making Real Madrid favourites to capture the signature.

it must be true, it's from caughtoffside :eyebrows:

LINK

Rooney, Kaka, Neymar, Sneijder, Sergio Ramos, Dani Alves...hmm

Wow I hate him with my soul,heart,body,hair and so one.I won't be happy if I see rooney with Chelsea shirt.

Wow I hate him with my soul,heart,body,hair and so one.I won't be happy if I see rooney with Chelsea shirt.

dont worry it won't happen unless he swaps shirts at end of a game.

Striker position is not a priority at the moment, we desperately need a right winger or an attacking midfielder.

Bad enough seeing his face when we play them sod seeing it every game!!

Load of bollocks,cant see them selling him and its News of the world and they're generally full of shite

(Insert anti rooney rant).

Besides rooney has the "English soldier who never gives up" tag which helps man united with their cash flow.so thats 1 reason why i doubt they would sell him

bpool likes this

this is bull shit as according to his new contract his release clause is 35ml pounds...............................

No chance, and i'm glad if he doesn't come here. I like reliable strikers who you can always cope on, Wayne Rooney would just drive me nuts. Plus Rooney is getting worse and worse, his primes already went and i could see him falling off completely at 27. Be a very stupid idea if we ever did buy him, plus arent we a little to over crowded for strikers?, were still fighting over Anelka, Torres and Drogba playing, then we want Sturridge back and playing, Rooney would make things far worse.

He's an alright player, but I don't like him as a person, and we don't need another striker...besides Sir Shit would never sell him to a rival. Real Madrid is favorite number 1 to get him...

Hehe but it brings a smile to my face to know United ain't that united :eyebrows:

Red alert: Manchester United ready to sell 'reject' Wayne Rooney at the end of the season

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-transfers-wayne-rooneys-1747478

Rooney fights for his United future as £20m bid might tempt fed-up Ferguson to sell

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2289331/Wayne-Rooney-set-Manchester-United-exit-Paris-Saint-German-Manchester-City-lurking.html

To be honest i would take him in a heart beat.

I remain doubtful they'd sell, but yeah, he'd be a great addition to any club. He's been one of the best strikers in the world over the last decade and likely still has a good 3 or 4 years left at a top level. 11 goals, 9 assists, strong in the air, great at holding up the ball, can slot into a team in a few different places. He's nobody's favourite person, but he's a top player.

Peace., Blue-in-me-Veins and Rmpr like this

Maybe this is another one of Fergie falling outs?

Same with Beckham, Ronaldo, etc.

Wouldn't surprise if he would leave, they don't really need him now they have Robin and Welbeck, alongside Hernandez, with prospects like Will Keane and possibly bringing in another striker (guessing someone who is doing reasonable well for a mid-table club, and make them a big name ala Saha). Would have him here in a heart-beat - if Torres is going as well - Ba, Rooney and Lukaku :D

This guy is such a mystery; a brilliant striker, tracks back, yet there is something about him like he goes missing in big games and loses will to play...But I dont believe Manu would sell him to us, neither would Rooney want to come here

Rambo likes this

He ain't going anywhere.

Some of these figures these papers are pulling out of their asses are laughable too. £20m? As if!

Strange thing is that Rooney leaving would fall in line with rumors that United are seriously in for Lewandowski. Ready made replacement who has chemistry with Kagawa.

Couldn't see Rooney leaving for anything under £35m but can't see it happening at all.