test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve

The Pro Wrestling thread

Started by Steve,

389 posts in this topic

I've watched WWE for as long as I can remember, was never a WCW or ECW guy though, so I am counting the days til I can get the WWE Network and watch all the old PPV's.

My favourites as a kid were always the Ultimate Warrior, Bret Hart and Steve Austin.

I have read loads of wrestling biographies, and have just finished reading Mick Foley's first which was brilliant, especially the chapter about the hell in a cell match with Taker.

Current favourites: Brock Lesnar, Cesaro, Dolph Ziggler, Dean Ambrose, Bray Wyatt and Y2J.

I like Roman Reigns, but I think it's quite clear that Ambrose & Rollins are way above him in terms of skill level at the moment. Ambrose is the best thing in the company right now (shame he's off to film a movie).

Let cena get his rematch out the way, then let Roman Reigns have a go at the title

As long as Reigns loses I'm all for it. A returning Daniel Bryan when all hope is lost to beat the beast = money.

Yeah, I guess why that time (1997-2001/02) is special for me is because it relates to my pre-teenage years and for some reason people generally are very fond of their memories from that period and hold them on a pedestal. I'll just leave this here for fellow 90s kids :

This was my cenit watching WWE/WWF...

loved it, specially the war between my two favourites Stonecold and The Rock

How good has Ambrose been lately? Hard to make comparisons as he's his own guy but he looks like an amalgamation of Eddie and SCSA! He's on top form.

Hell in a Cell was dreadful

The results were so predictable. Moreover, the whole thing about USA v Russia with Rusev and Rollins v Ambrose is getting desperately boring. WWE really need to spice things up a litte!

So glad I watched Survivor Series last night. One of the best pay per views in recent years. Sting's debut was bloody awesome and Ziggler was brilliant as well. :worship:

Viper22 likes this

So glad I watched Survivor Series last night. One of the best pay per views in recent years. Sting's debut was bloody awesome and Ziggler was brilliant as well. :worship:

apart from the main event i thought it was quite poor imo

WWE has gone downhill like a wheelchair on everest.

Disagree. Seen NXT lately? Some ridiculous talents in there.

And as for the top, you have Brock Lesnar who (while not around very much) has brought a feeling of legitimacy to the WWE title, Dolph Ziggler who is finally getting the push he deserves after his years of hard work and Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Bray Wyatt being in around the main event too.

Randy Orton is still awesome when used correctly (nasty bastard, neither face nor heel), Cena is the company workhorse who is finally starting to move over for the younger talents and Hogan, HHH, Sting and Taker all still kicking about bringing the older viewers in.

For me, WWE is really starting to get good again and once people like KENTA, Devitt, Charlotte, Zayn, Neville, Breeze and the Ascension come up from NXT they'll really help the product and push it back to near where it was in the attitude era.

apart from the main event i thought it was quite poor imo

How can you not enjoy Mizdow winning a title!!