Any retro gamers here?

spuz

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL at all of y'all, when I think retro I think the first Atari games! I remember my first Atari system and the games of PONG I used to play

Those were the days.I had the first Atari as well,and the games were just amazing(at the time)

Then moved on to the Nintendos and that lovable rogue Mario.

Also had a SNES

Bless you!

Great thread! I had the best time of my childhood with my PS1, absolutely loved it.

There was this brilliant car game called 'Driver', which was one of my favourites. Other great games I used to play include "Medal of Honor" and "Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear", which were shooter games.

One day my cousin brought me this stupid crappy game called 'Crash Bandicoot' and after playing it for some days, it was pissing me off constantly, so I felt that my PS1 needed a serious punch. It has unfortunately never worked ever since. laugh.gif

The good old days, how I miss them. :(

Oh and btw, used to play Tekken as well!

Actually have driver on my iphone as well! It's exactly like the old version just with better graphics.

LOL at all of y'all, when I think retro I think the first Atari games! I remember my first Atari system and the games of PONG I used to play

I ued to play the spectrum but the loading times were just painful,so retro gaming that far back was not so enjoyable. The Atari was alright, but i'm talking cutting edge graphics here like Alex kidd in miracle world and Wonderboy.

Actually have driver on my iphone as well! It's exactly like the old version just with better graphics.

I tried that last night, it's pretty fiddly with the controls and everything, but it's actually a decent game. Shame I only have the shitty trial version though! :rolleyes:

I tried that last night, it's pretty fiddly with the controls and everything, but it's actually a decent game. Shame I only have the shitty trial version though! :rolleyes:

I got the full version for free when gameloft were doing a december give away :P

• 2 weeks later...

I still have my N64. Not played it since PS2 came out. It was the shit back in the day. Always used to have competitions with mates and when 4 played the screen you had was a quarter of my 12inch TV. We were all crowded standing infront of it lmao. Ahhhh, back in the good old days, great memories. It's different now ofcourse due to online play. Both have their advantages though lol.

thought this was gonna be about Ping on the Atari or Horace goes Skiing on the Spectrum.

just another thread to make me feel like a grandpa at 35 on TalkChelsea.

Tell me about it, always LOVED my Spectrum had 1000's of games for it. Dizzy, Matchday, Manic Miner, Rick Dangerous, Thundercats...... ah so many memories.

Not quite as old that bust still a classic game i loved was Duke Nukem for the PC.....

thought this was gonna be about Ping on the Atari or Horace goes Skiing on the Spectrum.

just another thread to make me feel like a grandpa at 35 on TalkChelsea.

Come on, 35 isn't too old to remember the NES and Mazzie I know.

Great graphics at the time and no horrible loading times.

Come on, 35 isn't too old to remember the NES and Mazzie I know.

Great graphics at the time and no horrible loading times.

Yes but there was a certain charm to loading times.

How i remember the countless times i would sit there for 10 minutes looking at this:

Only for it to fail and have to start again :)

• 1 year later...

I fell in love with Mega Man when I was young. It was a very hard game especially back then but I still played it. Of course I still sometimes play old NES, SNES, N64 and PS1 games via emulators.

Don't play video games any more. Got bore some time ago.

Although I remember the Super Nintendo. Was a lot of fun.

When it was a one player game I liked the RPG typed like Zelda and stuff, but Super Punch out was fun as well!

For mufti player I loved the NBA Jam series.

Other then that, there where a lot of games for the Super Nintendo, but I remember those the most...and can't forget the popular Mario games.

My last game console where I played a lot was Nintedo 64. Probably the best game I ever played was Zelda Ocarina of Time. Most epic game ever, and nothing will ever come close to it!

Now I got a PS3 and Xbox 360 but I don't play games....maybe once in a blue moon a FIFA game, but I use it just for music and videos.

Edit: I forgot there is another game I play once in a blue moon for the PS3, and that's the Sports Champions game. It's fun cause you are not sitting down, but being active and have fun with your friends.