The Betting Thread

Ollie

Well as football fans, i'm sure a lot of you have the odd flutter from time to time or even a lot more. How often do you bet and what do you bet on and if you bet on football, what types of bet do you do?

I do accumulators on my William Hill online account every weekend, i do as many 'bankers' or close to 'banker' games as i can to try and get money big. I used to always do coupons from the shop but they were too hard to get proper money so i changed to this tactic and although i've not had much success yet, i've got bloody close.

This was my most painful one which happened to be yesterday. This just leaves Chelsea at the reebok. All i may get wrong is the Everton game at home to West Ham which really should be a home win against the team bottom of the league and being awful away from home. Everton is always a tough place to go too and with around 8 minutes to go, with the scores at 1-1, Seamus Coleman missed an open goal which would've probably won the game and bagged me around £3,600, GUTTED! but in this betting game you have to control you emotions *kicks cat through the window* whistling.gif

bet.jpg

My best time was when i did a coupon in WH for the 2006 world cup. 9 homes. I decided to be a man and really go for it so i put a £200 stake on it and handed it in. The matches were on different days so i was ticking them off day by day and on Friday night i had 8/8 and needed to wait til 7:45 to watch Brazil vs Croatia, i had Brazil to win. Kaka scored a wonderful goal and i won £2090 and was buzzing.

Anyone wanna share ups and downs and whatever, just pop in here and tell us your stuff and what you're betting on. Be good if you could sticky this topic so it can be used throughout. drunk.gif

Edited by OllieCFC

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually do Corals in the bookies. Would be too much of a temptation online. accumulators, anything from 2 to 20 matches.

Had some wins-we all remember the wins right ? £940 , £500 couple of £200 wins.

Spectacular losses one last season 12 matches all came in , and waiting for the last one Bristol City v Reading, City to win. and £7592 is mine. Reading, cunts that they are equalise, get this ....in injury time, it was offside, and it just went in off the post.

I used to bet, quite a lot but I stopped as I was sick of watching how my ticket failed only because of one fucking match lol. Especially the national team of England was a really really good option lol. I still remember my first bet - EURO 2004 England v France :lol: you know what... I still do bet, from time to time. In small though, results are 50:50.

My room-mate was quite incredible. He was even awarded as the best bettor in our city. However, since we met each other in our room, he has become pretty unlucky :lol:

Edited by milan.cech

My biggest wins came at the end of last season, when we beat Wigan 8-0, I had a 10r on it, won £800 and when we beat Stoke 7-0 i had 10r on it, won £600

Have 50 on us tonight, iv given up tryin to guess the score because I'v lost so much money on our recent form that I just want to make some money back.

I normally do a 5-6 game accumulator each weekend too but I only stick a cheeky 2 quid on it for the fun.

My betting quota is mainly the Prem,Championship and sometimes delve into La Liga and Serie A.

Another market i've been researching is 1st goalscorer trebles:eg i back Cahill(Everton) Malouda and Bale to be 1st goalscorers in their respective games on the same day.I obviously have to change player when Cahill or Bale are up against Chelsea.

One day i will be a millionaire :D

I have accounts with just about every bookie to make sure I get the best odds. They also give youy free bets when you open accounts with them.

I bet on every Chelsea game, usually just on the score. I also have a lot of season bets.

Last season I was over £3,000 in profit for my Chelsea bets. But, this season, it doesn't look good so far.

Usually do Corals in the bookies. Would be too much of a temptation online. accumulators, anything from 2 to 20 matches.

Had some wins-we all remember the wins right ? £940 , £500 couple of £200 wins.

Spectacular losses one last season 12 matches all came in , and waiting for the last one Bristol City v Reading, City to win. and £7592 is mine. Reading, cunts that they are equalise, get this ....in injury time, it was offside, and it just went in off the post.

That's fucking gutting, i know how that feels now because of Seamus Coleman missing an open goal at 1-1 with 6 minutes left but £7592 is a hell of a lot. Maybe West Ham woulda equalised like that. And yeah Steve i was pretty fucked off lol specially as i have faith in Chelsea at the reebok and look, won 4-0 again there. Everton did officially cost me at least £3000. If you notice tho, most of those matches are odds on, it's a good way to do it :)

Just go to daily matches and scan all the odds on's and you could get lucky. If Man Utd beat Blackpool 2moz i'll win £27, my last few stakes lol. i always try n get my money back after a loss :D

Ollie mate your Everton one is equally gutting. I was pathetic, wandering round, bereft, showing the slip to anyone I thought would care for about two weeks :)

My confession -quite often bet against Chelsea as a single -that way if they lose you win, and if you lose the bet you feel OK anyway because they got a result :eyebrows:

I was telling everyone about it yesterday lol. It is gutting to be so close, if i got 5 wrong i wouldn't care but it does happen. I put a bet on straight after to get £70 and this is what happened:

I did this bet on sunday

bet2.jpg