Alexis Sanchez

milllz

Chelsea join United and Inter in £17m race for Chile winger Alexis Sanchez

Chelsea have expressed an interest in Udinese winger Alexis Sanchez.

The Chile World Cup star is in outstanding form in Serie A and has also been targeted by Manchester United and Inter Milan.

article-0-0A0FEA19000005DC-692_468x348.jpg Interest: Chile's striker Alexis Sanchez

Udinese president Giampaolo Pazzi has previously said Sanchez, will not be sold before the summer

The 22-year-old has a £17m buy-out clause in his contract.

source: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1B6QUjwCq

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea join United and Inter in £17m race for Chile winger Alexis Sanchez

Chelsea have expressed an interest in Udinese winger Alexis Sanchez.

The Chile World Cup star is in outstanding form in Serie A and has also been targeted by Manchester United and Inter Milan.

article-0-0A0FEA19000005DC-692_468x348.jpg Interest: Chile's striker Alexis Sanchez

Udinese president Giampaolo Pazzi has previously said Sanchez, will not be sold before the summer

The 22-year-old has a £17m buy-out clause in his contract.

source: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1B6QUjwCq

IS THAT A JOKE?! ROMAN SIGN HIM UP! 17m for a player we desperately need? That's like bargain!

Another highly-rated youngster that every club in Europe is linked with.

No chance we'll sign him, he'll end up in Spain or Italy guaranteed. If he does come to England, it'll be to join City. We just don't have the financial power any more, and people should realise that. Abramovich poured £700 million into the club, and he is now understandably being more conservative with his spending (and I can see why quite clearly, in fairness). The days of spending £20 million + on players are long gone - it looks like we'll be making one 'marquee' signing each window and then the rest of the players will be less than £10 million - a more sustainable, Arsenal-like approach.I think Abramovich is concerned with the UEFA Champions League financial fair play ruling, and because we're so close to breaking even I can see why he doesn't want to start buying massively again until we are operating at a profit. As far as I'm concerned, we'll see another two to three years of this conservative and sustainable approach to the transfer market, and then go all guns blazing afterwards.

:lol: this will please a lot of the forum members! Don't think we'll actually end up going through with it, way too high profile for us plus it's the Daily Mail. He won't be moving till the summer as it is anyway.

As far as I'm concerned, we'll see another two to three years of this conservative and sustainable approach to the transfer market, and then go all guns blazing afterwards.

I must admit, I agree with you to some extent, but we need the depth in our squad sooner rather than later. Other clubs have been able to do better than us this season because they have been able to strengthen... we haven't... all we've been doing is selling our players.

Well.. This will please everyone.

Udinese have confirmed that Premier League giants Chelsea are interested in signing Alexis Sanchez.

"What is Sanchez's value?" he told Sky Italia.

"With Chelsea we talked about €30million. I want this figure, if not more.

"There was also interest from Inter Milan, which we decided to stop.

"It's useless to talk about something that we don't want to do because we cannot remove anyone from the team when we are midway through a season.

I can't see us signing Sanchez (£25million), Lukaku (£25million) & Neymar (£30million) all this summer. It'll be interesting to see who Chelsea favour..

I remember someone here said we could get Sanchez for 15 mil pounds laugh.gif.

€30 mil is crazy money for someone who, even though very talented and exactly what we need right now, hasn't proven a thing on the big(gest) stage. I would pay €25 mil max.

And the likes of Hamsik and Luiz will cost at least as much. The market has gone mad.

But then again, Sanchez really does the potential to grow out into that 'special player'. That something special that Ronaldinho, Kaká, Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi have. Those who had a huge influence in bringing in the Champions League.

It's a risk but since our scouts aren't doing anything (CA wouldn't play a young player with potential anyway), it's one we will (eventually) have to take. Get Sanchez and a pure midfielder, one with the ability to spot and play that killer pass, and I think we could actually win the CL this year (and finish in the top four with ease).

But it's all a dream, don't see it happening.

I can't see us signing Sanchez (£25million), Lukaku (£25million) & Neymar (£30million) all this summer. It'll be interesting to see who Chelsea favour..

Looking at those choices, I see Sanchez as the better choice. The other two are far too young.

And you know what happens when we try to raise young players too quickly.

Plus, a lot of pressure will be on Neymar, a 17/18-year-old to deliver, especially when there's a £30m price tag slapped on his forehead! :rolleyes:

Edited by CJ Revo

If this is true (and that's a huge if as far as I'm concerned) then these are great news for two reasons :

1. We're finally looking for a right winger, 3 years late but it's something.
  2. We're willing to spend £25million on a single player, it's no news for me but hearing this again is reassuring, to say the least. Where are those who claimed that either Roman is a SOB for not spending or that big signings are behind us?

well we need to sign david luiz this month . Sanchez and lukaku in the summer.

and if i had to choose one i will choose sanchez , we desperately need a right winger !!! and he is not an average RW , he is very very special player if u ask me .

we have 4 CBs including bruma , and we have some ok options for midfield , we need some creativity.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You