Edinson Cavani

CFC58

Don't know if I'm more worried about the "I'm happy with the squad" quote when we DO need another CF, or the fact that he said he doesn't see any more departures this summer.

That's Malouda, Ferreira, and Benayoun still wasting for even longer eating up wages.

If Torres gets injured/blows and Sturridge is the only option at CF, I can't see how we'll challenge for the title. Doesn't have to be someone as pricey as Cavani, but get SOMEONE.

But it was option. And now, we have 2 option for the one of the most important role. Look for the other teams:

City: Balotelli, Tevez, Aguero, Dzeko(?)

United: Hernandez, RVP, Rooney, Berbatov(?), Welbeck

Arsenal: Podolski, Giroud, Bendtner(?), Park(?), Chamakh

We have a guy, who just shadow of his former self, and an other guy, who never proved his qualities on the striker posioton with US.

They play two up front, we play one up front....

Kalou, Anelka, Sturridge and Lukaka started maybe 6 games combined as CF. Reality is we had two CF.... Three players for one spot is ridiculous IMO.

Kalou, Anelka, Sturridge and Lukaka started maybe 6 games combined as CF. Reality is we had two CF.... Three players for one spot is ridiculous IMO.

So if we have an injured striker, then reamin with ONE option. For me, this is what ridiculous.

OK fine, forget the number of strikers.. do you actually believe Sturridge and Torres are good enough?

I still think we should have 3, with Sturridge being both option for winger and CF. Though we need someone of Cavani's caliber.

So if we have an injured striker, then reamin with ONE option. For me, this is what ridiculous.

Using that logic we should have another left back, center half, RB etcetra...

If good forbid we have both strikers out Moses could back fill. Sure we could recall Lukaka and there is always the Janurrary transfer window.

Moses is here.

Seriously, fair enough if people want another back up striker, but Cavani is far from that. Illogical.

Moses is not a striker.

OK fine, forget the number of strikers.. do you actually believe Sturridge and Torres are good enough?

I still think we should have 3, with Sturridge being both option for winger and CF. Though we need someone of Cavani's caliber.

Spain's number one striker in the euros along with a full England international? With a full Nigerian international in contingency?

Err yes, yes I do....

Tricky,

if offload Meireles, then Chelse'd need to get another CM for sure.

Concerning CF, I actually thought Lukaku would be a perfect cover for Torres, considering Sturridge and Moses can also play some role in attack.

I suspect RDM consideres Mata cpable of covering in attack as well, which isn't crazy when I look at the way he plays (almost a FW).

Spain's number one striker along with a full England international? With a full Nigerian international in contingency?

Err yes, yes I do....

We have David Villa?

Seriously though, Torres is far from Spain's number one striker. He might have been at one point but he is so uneven these days.

Sturridge has yet to prove himself as CF for us since he mainly played winger, and quite questionably at that.

Torres, number 1 sturridge 2 and moses will be the 3rd option even though his primary position is on the wing. Should mean that sturridge will be able to be risked a bit more as we have a bit more cover, though it could spell the end of his hopes of starting RW, as it would appear moses and ramires are all ahead of him in the pecking order, so he may have to outplay torres and become our number 1 striker to get serious minutes, though it is a very long season and he should get quite a few games especially in the league cup, fa cup and all the other various things we are in.

He's not naturally, but if worst gets to worst he can play there. He used to at Crystal Palace.

I'm glad the club isn't run by some on here, Cavani for £35m as a back up striker? Ludicrous.

I am not saying Cavani should be back up, he should go straight to the starting eleven.

Tricky,

if offload Meireles, then Chelse'd need to get another CM for sure.

Concerning CF, I actually thought Lukaku would be a perfect cover for Torres, considering Sturridge and Moses can also play some role in attack.

I suspect RDM consideres Mata cpable of covering in attack as well, which isn't crazy when I look at the way he plays (almost a FW).

Maybe, we have Mikel, Lampard, Romolu, Essien and possible Oscar... personally feel Meireles is crud, poor in possession, gives away free kicks just not upto standard. Its actually the one area i believe we could do with improving.

Oh and I agree, I'd have thought Lukaka would have played this year, but he became very disillusioned last season, to the point where he was relieved to be leaving the team he supported as a child. He wants to improve and to do so he feels he need first team football(I really respect this kid and his attitude).

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You