test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

CFC58

Edinson Cavani

Started by CFC58,

6,925 posts in this topic

Maybe, we have Mikel, Lampard, Romolu, Essien and possible Oscar... personally feel Meireles is crud, poor in possession, gives away free kicks just not upto standard. Its actually the one area i believe we could do with improving.

Oh and I agree, I'd have thought Lukaka would have played this year, but he became very disillusioned last season, to the point where he was relieved to be leaving the team he supported as a child. He wants to improve and to do so he feels he need first team football(I really respect this kid and his attitude).

I don't disagree about Meireles, just pointing out we'd need to get someone else. The players you mentioned aren't very aggressive or quick, especially when marking (with the exception of Ramires); Meireles is. Lampard isn't quick, but he is aggressive and sometimes Romeo and Mikel lack that "fighting spirit." I'd also love to get someone else who has both, aggressiveness and technique, but until then, Meireles will have to do.

Cool, didn't know it got to that point with Lukaku. He was 18 last season, so I cannot blame the managers for not playing him. At the same time I understand why Chelsea got him: loads of natural talent.

As I said, I don't think Torres/Sturrigde are good enough, its not the injury thing mainly.

Whatever, I can't win this.. ill give you all the benefit of the doubt and see how it turns out.

I can understand your point of view but don't you think its kind of unfair on Danny's part?Lets see how the young englishman pans out as our center forward first and then judge him.

I can understand your point of view but don't you think its kind of unfair on Danny's part?Lets see how the young englishman pans out as our center forward first and then judge him.

I really want Sturridge to succeed, I sincerely hope he does. I have always liked him.. the reason I am cautious is because he is so unproven, couple that with Torres on again off again form.

Maybe we should give them the chance, and if we need we buy in January.

BleedsBlue likes this

I don't disagree about Meireles, just pointing out we'd need to get someone else. The players you mentioned aren't very aggressive or quick, especially when marking (with the exception of Ramires); Meireles is. Lampard isn't quick, but he is aggressive and sometimes Romeo and Mikel lack that "fighting spirit." I'd also love to get someone else who has both, aggressiveness and technique, but until then, Meireles will have to do.

Cool, didn't know it got to that point with Lukaku. He was 18 last season, so I cannot blame the managers for not playing him. At the same time I understand why Chelsea got him: loads of natural talent.

Don't disagree I think we need someone more dynamic in CM ala Essien of 3-4 years ago. I just hate watching Meireles, not sure what his pass completion is but I bet it's poor compared to the rest of he squad. And as a CM you should be recycling possession from defence to attack. He does offer more mobility, but then so does the young spaniard. But for some reason RDM doesn't seem to like him.

Yeah Lukaka was pissed.... I don't blame him, he wants to play because he loves the game, very mature for his age. Think he is going to excel at WBA... This another reason why I don't want a third striker, he could step up and make the spot his own next year.

The only reason people are not wanting another striker,

Is because of the complete over hyping of Sturridge, like walcott and welbeck, his is a brainless selfish player who has the ability to only ever be "good" never great and you need great players not good players,

Now the english media has alot to do with this the same people will complain about romeu, Meireles etc and hype up sturridge. walcott, oxlade chamberlain, who are britains great hopes for players but utimately useless to top teams in which they play, a good example of listening to the media and not forming your own opinions is the complete over rating of players like Ben arfra, and Tiote (a "destroyer" ive seen destroyed more times then doing the destroying) and players like cabaye and jonas get over looked completely.

We need cavani or AT LEAST a good replacement striker.

Is because of the complete over hyping of Sturridge, like walcott and welbeck, his is a brainless selfish player who has the ability to only ever be "good" never great and you need great players not good players,

Now the english media has alot to do with this the same people will complain about romeu, Meireles etc and hype up sturridge. walcott, oxlade chamberlain, who are britains great hopes for players but utimately useless to top teams in which they play, a good example of listening to the media and not forming your own opinions is the complete over rating of players like Ben arfra, and Tiote (a "destroyer" ive seen destroyed more times then doing the destroying) and players like cabaye and jonas get over looked completely.

No, we dont, and I cant wait for this thread to be locked.

We got enough players able to score goals. Torres should be able to score around 20, I believe Sturridge can definatley score more than that. Hazard should do a few, Mata, Lampard, Terry/iva on corners etc.

It would be absolutley stuipid to buy another 50m striker. We just dont need that. And we wont get that. At least not this window. Perhaps if things look really terrible and one of Torres/Sturridge go on a serious injury, we might bring in someone like Cavani in january.

But for now, I think it's safe to say we do look good. However I would definatley prefer a creative DM. Other than that, we dont need more players this window. We've bought some talents and tbh Im very happy with how this transfer window turned out. Lets not get crazy here.

The reason we have to buy this guy,,because he can sniff weakness in opponent defense, another option for striker and we can't make city get more stronger by let them sign him

Pfff... lol

Sturridge isn't hyped up, nobody is saying he is the next big thing, destined for the stars.

He did however have a good start to last season. He is also very fast and capable of beating his marker (whomever they maybe) and is an extremely competent finisher.

Most of these observations were based on having watched him for the whole of last year. But hey you carry on don't let me stop your rant.

No, we dont, and I cant wait for this thread to be locked.

We got enough players able to score goals. Torres should be able to score around 20, I believe Sturridge can definatley score more than that. Hazard should do a few, Mata, Lampard, Terry/iva on corners etc.

It would be absolutley stuipid to buy another 50m striker. We just dont need that. And we wont get that. At least not this window. Perhaps if things look really terrible and one of Torres/Sturridge go on a serious injury, we might bring in someone like Cavani in january.

But for now, I think it's safe to say we do look good. However I would definatley prefer a creative DM. Other than that, we dont need more players this window. We've bought some talents and tbh Im very happy with how this transfer window turned out. Lets not get crazy here.

Sturridge more then 20 goals? lmfao, if he did score more then that surely must mean about a 100 chance wasted and no team play to get him anywhere near that, he is useless, fine dont bring in cavani but bring someone in i'd rather lukaku any day then sturridge, and 2 strikers is not enough,

Also Cavani can take a penalty like lampard, and dont you dare say david luiz or mata or cole, bar the CL final they barely took them and when they did the usualy miss, so thats not good enough, Cavani is a proven peno taker. which is worth having him on the field alone.

Pfff... lol

Sturridge isn't hyped up, nobody is saying he is the next big thing, destined for the stars.

He did however have a good start to last season. He is also very fast and capable of beating his marker (whomever they maybe) and is an extremely competent finisher.

Most of these observations were based on having watched him for the whole of last year. But hey you carry on don't let me stop your rant.

That's just laughable, i heard Jamie rednapp compare him to messi last year ffs, He is so overhyped its not even funny, the only reason he hasnt been lately is his form's been so poor it's impossible. I'd also never call him a competent finisher. He can beat his man but that's no good when the ball always end up in a glory shot because he's a selfish child and ends up in row Z.

Last season we had Drogba and Torres up front, now we have Torres and Sturridge challenging for the striker position. Moses can cover, and even Hazard or Piazon if you want.

Sturridge more then 20 goals? lmfao, if he did score more then that surely must mean about a 100 chance wasted and no team play to get him anywhere near that, he is useless, fine dont bring in cavani but bring someone in i'd rather lukaku any day then sturridge, and 2 strikers is not enough,

Clearly you must be either totallt clueless or high. No point in discussing with you

I think Sturridge could go either way, his entire being lends better to playing CF though, he never really fit the role of a winger.

If he became more clinical he could be something good, lets hope.

Clearly you must be either totallt clueless or high. No point in discussing with you

Heard it all last year the year before and way back, before he was loaned to bolton, youve not been the first to say he's great and you wont be the last but the theme that brings you altogether is that your all wrong, and he is indeed dead weight.

Heard it all last year the year before and way back, before he was loaned to bolton, youve not been the first to say he's great and you wont be the last but the theme that brings you altogether is that your all wrong, and he is indeed dead weight.

Just because Im curious about how a person like you think: Explain to me what you base that statement on, exacly?

How is Sturridge overhyped?! Please explain how Daniel is overhyped? He wasn't even taken to the Euros. How are the English media overhyping Sturridge. Brainless? Please explain how Sturridge is brainless. It's funny to throw out accusations but I want you to actual back them up.

Why are you even bringing Welbeck, Oxlade and Walcott into it? None of them play for Chelsea. To compare Sturridge with them is irrelevant too. He was the one that missed out on the Euros, so I have no idea where you're even getting that from. Do you really think people rate Sturridge because the English media says so? When was the last time you've seen the English media hype up Sturridge like the likes of Walcott or Oxlade have been? Your argument is flawed.

How can you say we need a striker and then start to talk about Ben Arfa and Tiote? I don't rate Tiote at all, don't think Ben Arfa would improve our squad. Cabaye would be a decent addition, no one has denied this. How exactly is he underrated? Many people wanted him here as an option in the pivot but it's clear the club isn't after him so people have stopped talking about him. Doesn't mean he's underrated. Jonas?! How exactly would he even improve our team?

Sturridge hasn't even been given a chance at the CF role for Chelsea yet you chose to right him off, saying he's overrated like Walcott or Oxlade. I guess Sir Alex Ferguson is dumb too, playing Welbeck over Berbatov and Hernandez. He's sooo overhyped isn't he? Ridiculous.

Replacement for who? Torres? Yeah, because this is FIFA where we can just sell off our players without giving a damn about the squad harmony. Let's sell Torres for Cavani because Cavani is rated 90 and Torres is rated 85.

Bores me.

Also Cavani can take a penalty like lampard, and dont you dare say david luiz or mata or cole, bar the CL final they barely took them and when they did the usualy miss, so thats not good enough, Cavani is a proven peno taker. which is worth having him on the field alone.

That's just laughable, i heard Jamie rednapp compare him to messi last year ffs, He is so overhyped its not even funny, the only reason he hasnt been lately is his form's been so poor it's impossible. I'd also never call him a competent finisher. He can beat his man but that's no good when the ball always end up in a glory shot because he's a selfish child and ends up in row Z.

So we should buy someone and play him because on the odd occasion that we get a pen and Lampard isn't on the pitch he can take it?

And did you see that delightful chip during he euros? Or last years stats off 30 games 11 goals for a winger?

Clearly trolling.

Lol! Everyone's wrong yeah? Sorry god.

Yeah 12 games 8 goals for Bolton... fucking bunch him with stats like that for a bottom half of the table team.

Muzchap likes this

No way is Sturridge DEAD WEIGHT.

Yes, he is frustrating sometimes - but that's youthful inexperience and trying to impress so much, that he gets a permanent starting place.

Did you watch him in the EUROs? Played REALLY well, not SELFISH either...

How about you go watch the highlights and see what he's like when he's not playing out of position or constantly being sidelined... Then maybe you might post something useful...

I'm sure you were also slating Drogba when he first joined and had a couple of 'average' seasons...