Edinson Cavani

CFC58

Sturridge is going to be so pissed, if this goes through.. we all know his temperament.

Especially if Lukaku has a good season at West Brom, the club should of offered Sturridge to Spurs 'when they actually wanted him' + cash for Modric, too late now.

We do? How, exacly?

He wants to play games, he doesn't want to sit on the bench. Sturridge spent the majority of last season complaining to the press about having to play out wide, so even when he 'is' playing.. he's not happy.

How is wanting to play, not wanting to sit on the bench and not play out of position, having a temper?

How is wanting to play, not wanting to sit on the bench and not play out of position, having a temper?

Clearly you don't understand the definition of 'temperament', = disposition/character

It's the way he goes about it, i.e.. showing no respect to AVB by speaking to the press every 5 seconds about not being happy in his position. The arrival of Cavani would spell the end, especially if Lukaku has a good season.

Did you want to sell Drogba after his first two years at our club?

What a fucking muppet you are. Do you even remember the same Drogba as I do? Drogba missed so many chances his first 18 months at Chelsea. He was constantly complaining about how wrong he was to sign for Chelsea. Drogba couldn't even stay on his feet, and certainly didn't look like a footballer, even though he was in the by far best team in England and probably the whole world as well. Like I've said in a previous post, Drogba tends to bring out the goldfish in most of the Chelsea supporters.

Like I've said before, Drogba is probably the best player who's ever played for Chelsea (at least the best I've ever seen as a fan for 42 years), but he hasn't been anywhere near a constant performer for our club.

Over to the Cavani-man, I don't want him. People are screaming for a striker who can do things on his own, but Cavani isn't any better than Torres (anyone remember that small tournament called the Olympics two weeks ago?).

How many goals did Drogba score again in the first 18months?...Definitely more than 10goals in all competitions, you also carefully forgot to state that he was out of action for more than a month and came back to score in the League Cup semi and final IIRC...He was a diving cunt back then, and even Chelsea fans gave him stick for it...Yeah he had Frank Lampard in his prime, so also did Torres have the assist machine "Mata" last season, but it always happened that whenever Torres is on the field, so how Mata cant create any chance to save his life, or there is another "NEARLY MOMENT"(honestly if he is that unlucky, how about we get a lucky striker who someone gets the ball in the back of the net)...

Now to the man Cavani; you also carefully either didnt watch the Champions league, which he played well and scored against us and decided to base your judgement on him solely on the Olympics where the dumb national team coach decided it would be best to play Cavani on the right....Well i on the other hand, watch a handful of Napoli games last season and i know he can freaking score, i am sure i watched him do it more than 7 times and when it counted...So i would scream for joy if by some chance we pull this signing off...

Clearly you don't understand the definition of 'temperament', = disposition/character

It's the way he goes about it, i.e.. showing no respect to AVB by speaking to the press every 5 seconds about not being happy in his position. The arrival of Cavani would spell the end, especially if Lukaku has a good season.

To be honest none of us know what was going on there exacly. Also, Im pretty sure the likes of Lampard and Cole etc wasnt showing him much respect either for some reason.

He wants to play games, he doesn't want to sit on the bench. Sturridge spent the majority of last season complaining to the press about having to play out wide, so even when he 'is' playing.. he's not happy.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sportheadlines/sturridge-happy-at-chelsea-7499086.html

Don't believe everything you read in the press (I'm aware of the irony in saying this having posted a link). If i remeber rightly he also said he was happy to play out wide if it helped the team, but would like more of an opportunity through the middle. With Anelka, Torres, Drogba, Lukaka and Kalou that was never very likely.... I believe he should get plenty of opportunity this year.

I hate the rag tops and there paper selling agendas.

Don't believe everything you read in the press. If i remeber rightly he also said he was happy to play out wide if it helped the team, but would like more of an opportunity through the middle. With Anelka, Torres, Drogba, Lukaka and Kalou that was never very likely.... I believe he should get plenty of opportunity this year.

Not if Cavani arrives.

We will end up signing Moses, and RDM will prefer Ramires on the right wing before Sturridge, 'if the situation calls for it'. So most of his opportunities (if any) will be as a forward.

TX is absolutely right here. Cavani's arrival means the end of Sturridge. Maybe the only chance is if Torres leaves but I can't see that happening nor can I see this transfer going through.

Cavani isn't signing for us, not seen a single reliable source regarding this, also runs counter to the statement that he was going to be leading our front line this year. For me it's Azi and Moses / Hulk (delete as you see fit).

Actually think Sturridge could be a great CF, probably be better as one of two though as I don't see him leading the front line on his own.

Cavani isn't signing for us, not seen a single reliable source regarding this, also runs counter to the statement that he was going to be leading our front line this year. For me it's Azi and Moses / Hulk (delete as you see fit).

Actually think Sturridge could be a great CF, probably be better as one of two though as I don't see him leading the front line on his own.

Well that is what I wrote, isn't it ?

Yep, agree with the other part too. He could be great in a 4-4-2 with a powerful CF beside him. Something like Didier and Nico in 08/09.

What a fucking muppet you are. Do you even remember the same Drogba as I do? Drogba missed so many chances his first 18 months at Chelsea. He was constantly complaining about how wrong he was to sign for Chelsea. Drogba couldn't even stay on his feet, and certainly didn't look like a footballer, even though he was in the by far best team in England and probably the whole world as well. Like I've said in a previous post, Drogba tends to bring out the goldfish in most of the Chelsea supporters.

Like I've said before, Drogba is probably the best player who's ever played for Chelsea (at least the best I've ever seen as a fan for 42 years), but he hasn't been anywhere near a constant performer for our club.

Over to the Cavani-man, I don't want him. People are screaming for a striker who can do things on his own, but Cavani isn't any better than Torres (anyone remember that small tournament called the Olympics two weeks ago?).

Not to seem to nitpick, but Lampard... :D

How many goals did Drogba score again in the first 18months?...Definitely more than 10goals in all competitions, you also carefully forgot to state that he was out of action for more than a month and came back to score in the League Cup semi and final IIRC...He was a diving cunt back then, and even Chelsea fans gave him stick for it...Yeah he had Frank Lampard in his prime, so also did Torres have the assist machine "Mata" last season, but it always happened that whenever Torres is on the field, so how Mata cant create any chance to save his life, or there is another "NEARLY MOMENT"(honestly if he is that unlucky, how about we get a lucky striker who someone gets the ball in the back of the net)...

Now to the man Cavani; you also carefully either didnt watch the Champions league, which he played well and scored against us and decided to base your judgement on him solely on the Olympics where the dumb national team coach decided it would be best to play Cavani on the right....Well i on the other hand, watch a handful of Napoli games last season and i know he can freaking score, i am sure i watched him do it more than 7 times and when it counted...So i would scream for joy if by some chance we pull this signing off...

Drogba played for the best team in England and probably the whole world as well (we lost the CL due to Mourinho's extremely lousy tactical abilities in 04-05). I had a season ticket to our games that year (worked in England), and his diving wasn't the only thing he was criticized for. There was also his incredibly dumb comments about Chelsea and his lack of effort (which were a common thing to see from Drogba in 04-05, first half of the 05-06 season, 07-08 season, first half of the 08-09 season, the 10-11 season and the first 3/4 of the previous season). Whilst Mata is a good player, he's not anywhere near Cole, Robben, Duff, Lamps, Gudjohnsen and Makelele combined, not anywhere close. We were a team machine the first two seasons under Mourinho, and like I've said before, Drogba has missed more chances than Torres will ever do for this club.

I can also see that you're failing to understand what I wrote about Cavani, and it's not a surprise. Whilst Cavani plays well for the mumbo jumbo team called Napoli, who are going a block forward in every match they play, he couldn't do shit when his opponents were Ching-Chong, Ali and Shish Kebab in the Olympics. Even if he were played out wide you would expect him to beat his marker at least a few times during the match, Cavani didn't.

If we are going to buy a striker (not a hybrid solution like Schurrle), get me an English hardman who's not afraid to get his elbows dirty. I absolutely love Rickie Lambert (or his type of player - think Dixon or Shearer). I'm also very confident in our young son Bamford, who I think will be a fantastic player, not to mention Sturridge who has his butt full of potential.

Not to seem to nitpick, but Lampard... :D

Lampard is in my opinion a greater player, but the best one is Drogba. He is probably the only player we've ever had who's been the best player in the world (in his position), and by some margin as well, at some point in his career for us.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Drogba and what he did for this club. He is our best player ever and arguably the greatest Big Game Player we'll ever have. However, there is a certain amount of bad memory attached to his week in and week out performances for our club, and hearing people scream about Drogba after one league match where Torres fails to score is very strange.

Lampard is in my opinion a greater player, but the best one is Drogba. He is probably the only player we've ever had who's been the best player in the world (in his position), and by some margin as well, at some point in his career for us.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Drogba and what he did for this club. He is our best player ever and arguably the greatest Big Game Player we'll ever have. However, there is a certain amount of bad memory attached to his week in and week out performances for our club, and hearing people scream about Drogba after one league match where Torres fails to score is very strange.

We will have to agree to disagree on the first line, my fault though for taking us off topic... They are both AMAZING players we can agree on that... :)

Drogba played for the best team in England and probably the whole world as well (we lost the CL due to Mourinho's extremely lousy tactical abilities in 04-05). I had a season ticket to our games that year (worked in England), and his diving wasn't the only thing he was criticized for. There was also his incredibly dumb comments about Chelsea and his lack of effort (which were a common thing to see from Drogba in 04-05, first half of the 05-06 season, 07-08 season, first half of the 08-09 season, the 10-11 season and the first 3/4 of the previous season). Whilst Mata is a good player, he's not anywhere near Cole, Robben, Duff, Lamps, Gudjohnsen and Makelele combined, not anywhere close. We were a team machine the first two seasons under Mourinho, and like I've said before, Drogba has missed more chances than Torres will ever do for this club.

I can also see that you're failing to understand what I wrote about Cavani, and it's not a surprise. Whilst Cavani plays well for the mumbo jumbo team called Napoli, who are going a block forward in every match they play, he couldn't do shit when his opponents were Ching-Chong, Ali and Shish Kebab in the Olympics. Even if he were played out wide you would expect him to beat his marker at least a few times during the match, Cavani didn't.

If we are going to buy a striker (not a hybrid solution like Schurrle), get me an English hardman who's not afraid to get his elbows dirty. I absolutely love Rickie Lambert (or his type of player - think Dixon or Shearer). I'm also very confident in our young son Bamford, who I think will be a fantastic player, not to mention Sturridge who has his butt full of potential.

Everybody knows that Drogba never wanted to come to Chelsea and didnt hide that fact, but that doesnt mean he didnt score more goals in 18months or wasnt injured for a good 2months or so....I dont care how many goals Torres misses, but the number he score...How many has he scored in 18months compared to Drogba, out team might not be as good, but the excuse that we dont create chances is a myth that Mata alone debunk last season....

You want us to go for an A STRONG ENGLISH MAN like Mr. Carroll right?....Big strong and confident.....Cavani was played out of position and you are giving him hell, yet you are making excuses for the last 18months of Torres?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You