Edinson Cavani

CFC58

What would be the point in signin Cavani, he is a good player yes but do you honestly think he could score 30 goals a season in the premier league even though it looks like he has just started becoming a prolific striker over the last 2 years? No we are better off with Torres and Lukaku because torres is a proven premier league striker and in form is as good as anybody(just he needs to find form again) and Lukaku is much younger than Cavani and will prove to be a good signing in the future when he has completed more minutes and adapted to English football!

gimme a break. I understand why some people think Chelsea fans know very little about the game.

Quality finishing against city today, Roman sign him up!

This is the mentality that needs to be changed with Chelsea. We talk about transition, youngsters and all that stuff yet on the first blink of a player doing well in a weaker club we want him in.

Has Cavanni been better then Sturridge when he was of his age? No. He wasn't probably even as good as Sturridge. Is he better now? Yes, but he got better by playing regularly and for people having faith in him. He wasn't played on a wing like our talented forward is, he was given chances in his natural position and with the right guidance he became what he is today - One of the best strikers in the world.

Add to that our 18 year old beast that makes Drogba look like a mosquito and I fail to see the point of bringing Cavanni for shitloads of money.

Yes he is quality and yes he would help out the team a lot, but the move like that simply throws away all what the club has been going about recently in the water.

This is the mentality that needs to be changed with Chelsea. We talk about transition, youngsters and all that stuff yet on the first blink of a player doing well in a weaker club we want him in.

Really really bad points.

What Cavani has to do with Sturridge ? Both can play together. We cant sit and wait "oh, Sturridge can become a superb striker". Ok, if he become a superb striker good for us, then we have a squad with two superb strikers, but this kind of argument "we cant buy this player, because if he comes Sturridge or Josh wont develop" is not valid. That doesnt make sense. Messi developed at Barcelona even tough they had Ronaldinho at that time.

And sorry, right now Napoli is not weaker than Chelsea. Even if that was true, whats the point ? Our best signings in last 6 or 7 years were players coming from "weaker" clubs ( Didier, Lampard, Carvalho, Essien, Cech ) while our signings from top clubs were, besides Ballack, big flops ( Shevchenko, Deco, Torres ).

Buying Cavani would be part of transition: finally buying a really good striker in years.

finally buying a really good striker in years.

Not that I don't agree with this line ^

Would you say Cavani would settle well with us? I know he and Falcao are similar in build so André may like that. What about Hulk?

Not that I don't agree with this line ^

Would you say Cavani would settle well with us? I know he and Falcao are similar in build so André may like that. What about Hulk?

Hulk is a right winger. Cavani is not that similar to Falcao. He is much more agile than the colombian.

Yea thats right get another striker to take away a spot from sturridge!! unless and only if we get anelka and kalou out of the sqaud then yess. but lets put all this aside and get another midfielder/winger to complement mata, and a different dm!! not another one of those panic buys like last year!!

City only want him because he destroyed them last night , there policy is buy all the players that are a threat to them. He is looking like a class act and would love him here but if a team like city come in for him he will go there.

• 3 weeks later...

Think if We had a front three in the future of Mata Cavani Sturridge....

They can play together.

We just need a super midfielder to replace lampard, a right back and will be getting back to the way we were. This is a dream at the moment though. As mentioned above Cavani isn't the only great player Napoli have and if he became available, I would imagine he would choose Man City for money. That said, IF he did, I think we should move for Dzeko!

Think if We had a front three in the future of Mata Cavani Sturridge....

They can play together.

We just need a super midfielder to replace lampard, a right back and will be getting back to the way we were. This is a dream at the moment though. As mentioned above Cavani isn't the only great player Napoli have and if he became available, I would imagine he would choose Man City for money. That said, IF he did, I think we should move for Dzeko!

I don't think we need a striker like Dzeko - yes we need someone who can naturally score goals but if want reach our peek we need an RVP or Aguero (reallys angers me even to this day, we should have got him). A player who beats defenders. I think Pato is a brilliant option (Injuries are his only negative). The strikers out of the league I always admired and enjoyed to watch before this season were Aguero and Pato.

Pato, dare I say, is Ronaldo-esque (el fenomeno) and would IMO be an instant hit. With Tevez hot on Milans radar it is an ideal time to strike. It's not that I don't want Dzeko but it's just that I'd prefer Pato - he could add another dimension to our game. Leandro Damiao's an ideal target too, but is perhaps too young to jump into first team action (Even though I think he has all the attributes to do so) - if we do go for him another striker should accompany him - Pato ideally, and Hulk is a good option too. AVB knows Hulk aswell but I don't see Porto offering us his services at a fair price.

I don't think we need a striker like Dzeko - yes we need someone who can naturally score goals but if want reach our peek we need an RVP or Aguero (reallys angers me even to this day, we should have got him). A player who beats defenders. I think Pato is a brilliant option (Injuries are his only negative). The strikers out of the league I always admired and enjoyed to watch before this season were Aguero and Pato.

Pato, dare I say, is Ronaldo-esque (el fenomeno) and would IMO be an instant hit. With Tevez hot on Milans radar it is an ideal time to strike. It's not that I don't want Dzeko but it's just that I'd prefer Pato - he could add another dimension to our game. Leandro Damiao's an ideal target too, but is perhaps too young to jump into first team action (Even though I think he has all the attributes to do so) - if we do go for him another striker should accompany him - Pato ideally, and Hulk is a good option too. AVB knows Hulk aswell but I don't see Porto offering us his services at a fair price.

I think we'd be better off with a hard-working and physically intimidating forward. I guess there are different ways of looking at it, but we've had a great success with Drogba, who's tall and strong, while Torres hasn't been able to do what a centre forward should be doing.

I think this Napoli side is going to be taken away in the next two windows, with the likes of Citeh and us coming along to sign there best players like Cavani, Hamsik and Lavezzi. Sad really, thought they would be a terrific team with more depth - and could become an elite top side in Italy and CL.

But i would love to see Cavani and Hamsik at SB though :D

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You