test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

CFC58

Edinson Cavani

Started by CFC58,

6,856 posts in this topic

Not that I don't agree with this line ^

Would you say Cavani would settle well with us? I know he and Falcao are similar in build so André may like that. What about Hulk?

Hulk is a right winger. Cavani is not that similar to Falcao. He is much more agile than the colombian.

Yea thats right get another striker to take away a spot from sturridge!! unless and only if we get anelka and kalou out of the sqaud then yess. but lets put all this aside and get another midfielder/winger to complement mata, and a different dm!! not another one of those panic buys like last year!!

City only want him because he destroyed them last night , there policy is buy all the players that are a threat to them. He is looking like a class act and would love him here but if a team like city come in for him he will go there.

Dont think he would fit our style and not sure he would be able to adapt. he is never really plays well for uruguay, the italian style fits him!

Quality finishing against city today, Roman sign him up!

So, he'd solve our problems of lacking creativity and having no real wingers?

Think if We had a front three in the future of Mata Cavani Sturridge....

They can play together.

We just need a super midfielder to replace lampard, a right back and will be getting back to the way we were. This is a dream at the moment though. As mentioned above Cavani isn't the only great player Napoli have and if he became available, I would imagine he would choose Man City for money. That said, IF he did, I think we should move for Dzeko!

Bosnian Blue likes this

Think if We had a front three in the future of Mata Cavani Sturridge....

They can play together.

We just need a super midfielder to replace lampard, a right back and will be getting back to the way we were. This is a dream at the moment though. As mentioned above Cavani isn't the only great player Napoli have and if he became available, I would imagine he would choose Man City for money. That said, IF he did, I think we should move for Dzeko!

I don't think we need a striker like Dzeko - yes we need someone who can naturally score goals but if want reach our peek we need an RVP or Aguero (reallys angers me even to this day, we should have got him). A player who beats defenders. I think Pato is a brilliant option (Injuries are his only negative). The strikers out of the league I always admired and enjoyed to watch before this season were Aguero and Pato.

Pato, dare I say, is Ronaldo-esque (el fenomeno) and would IMO be an instant hit. With Tevez hot on Milans radar it is an ideal time to strike. It's not that I don't want Dzeko but it's just that I'd prefer Pato - he could add another dimension to our game. Leandro Damiao's an ideal target too, but is perhaps too young to jump into first team action (Even though I think he has all the attributes to do so) - if we do go for him another striker should accompany him - Pato ideally, and Hulk is a good option too. AVB knows Hulk aswell but I don't see Porto offering us his services at a fair price.

I don't think we need a striker like Dzeko - yes we need someone who can naturally score goals but if want reach our peek we need an RVP or Aguero (reallys angers me even to this day, we should have got him). A player who beats defenders. I think Pato is a brilliant option (Injuries are his only negative). The strikers out of the league I always admired and enjoyed to watch before this season were Aguero and Pato.

Pato, dare I say, is Ronaldo-esque (el fenomeno) and would IMO be an instant hit. With Tevez hot on Milans radar it is an ideal time to strike. It's not that I don't want Dzeko but it's just that I'd prefer Pato - he could add another dimension to our game. Leandro Damiao's an ideal target too, but is perhaps too young to jump into first team action (Even though I think he has all the attributes to do so) - if we do go for him another striker should accompany him - Pato ideally, and Hulk is a good option too. AVB knows Hulk aswell but I don't see Porto offering us his services at a fair price.

I think we'd be better off with a hard-working and physically intimidating forward. I guess there are different ways of looking at it, but we've had a great success with Drogba, who's tall and strong, while Torres hasn't been able to do what a centre forward should be doing.

I think this Napoli side is going to be taken away in the next two windows, with the likes of Citeh and us coming along to sign there best players like Cavani, Hamsik and Lavezzi. Sad really, thought they would be a terrific team with more depth - and could become an elite top side in Italy and CL.

But i would love to see Cavani and Hamsik at SB though :D

He's the type of player who could replace Drogba because he scores all types of goals, great on the floor, unbelievable in the air. Fantastic player.

We shouldn't sign ANY player with a 50m tag anymore... it's time to learn from our mistakes.

If Chelsea have learned anything from the results given from Torres' overall form, we would NOT even think about offering them 50m... that is astronomical, and way too much! There are other strikers out there that match Cavani's ability and sell for much less than that! Just look how much Man City spent on Aguero! £35m and just look how many goals he's scored for them, compared to Torres, who joined us last January... it proves a preposterous point!

This is why we falter at transfers... the asking price! When someone slaps a price tag on the player that's just way too much, we pull out of a deal... then when City come knocking, they offer much less, and suddenly there are negotiations! I don't know if it's because of the fact that City have well-paid high quality executives, or the fact that the executives we have just don't give a fuck!

LDN Blue and Joker10 like this

I don't know if it's because of the fact that City have well-paid high quality executives, or the fact that the executives we have just don't give a fuck!

How can negotiators' "charm" influence the price? It's not like 35million is worth more when their executives look nicer and are paid more. Only money talks.. if we offer 50million and they reject it, and somebody else offers 35 and they accept it, then it's the stupidity of the selling board, not the wisdom of the buying party. Either that or we don't offer hookers as an unofficial part of a deal.

E: sorry, I misunderstood your point at first. I now see that you meant we pull out of the negos instantly as soon as they want too much, whilst other clubs keep negotiating until the price is reasonable.

I seriously think we should sell Torres to someone like PSG and get this guy in !

What would be the point of that?

Cavani is basically like Torres before he joined Chelsea, their playing style is equally similar.