test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

CFC58

Edinson Cavani

Started by CFC58,

6,856 posts in this topic

Torres 50m

Lukaku 20m

That is 70m together, moar strikers?

Lukaku doesn't look anything close to ready. Torres is whoopsie. Lukaku needs a loan deal. Torres needs to be a backup. We are generally being found out because NONE of our strikers can finish. I've been saying this for months. Look at Drogs,Anelka,Torres record this whole year. I am genuinely amazed we ended up second last season.

LMAO

You should watch more Serie A games, bafore coming with such kind of arguments. For a club that paid 18m for Lukaku, 35m for Cavani is fair enough, and he REALLY can do much more than head balls.

LMAO

You should watch more Serie A games, bafore coming with such kind of arguments. For a club that paid 18m for Lukaku, 35m for Cavani is fair enough, and he REALLY can do much more than head balls.

LMAO

You should try and keep analogies in context before ... oh forget it, you're Henrique.

cavani>torres+lukaku.

He's proving himself in Serie A, yes.

But the pace & style of that league compared to Spain & England is something completely different. Let's not make irrational statements now.

pHaRaOn and OneMoSalah like this

cavani>torres+lukaku.

Cavani is similar to Torres in many ways, his situation would not be any different. Beside even though Cavani is on better form, i don't think there is a much difference between Cavani and Torres.

lets not forget about Sturridge, he can also play as a striker.

On Lukaku, i was against his signing from the beginning and so far it seems like i was right. So i agree with you on this.

I don't rate Hamsik that highly, he dispears too much in Napoli big games.

Cavani was great last season, but lets see what he does this season.

Lavezzi is the Napoli player i rate highly, he was by far their most important player when they finished 3rd.

OneMoSalah and Sheva. like this

What would be the point in signin Cavani, he is a good player yes but do you honestly think he could score 30 goals a season in the premier league even though it looks like he has just started becoming a prolific striker over the last 2 years? No we are better off with Torres and Lukaku because torres is a proven premier league striker and in form is as good as anybody(just he needs to find form again) and Lukaku is much younger than Cavani and will prove to be a good signing in the future when he has completed more minutes and adapted to English football!

What would be the point in signin Cavani, he is a good player yes but do you honestly think he could score 30 goals a season in the premier league even though it looks like he has just started becoming a prolific striker over the last 2 years? No we are better off with Torres and Lukaku because torres is a proven premier league striker and in form is as good as anybody(just he needs to find form again) and Lukaku is much younger than Cavani and will prove to be a good signing in the future when he has completed more minutes and adapted to English football!

gimme a break. I understand why some people think Chelsea fans know very little about the game.

Quality finishing against city today, Roman sign him up!

This is the mentality that needs to be changed with Chelsea. We talk about transition, youngsters and all that stuff yet on the first blink of a player doing well in a weaker club we want him in.

Has Cavanni been better then Sturridge when he was of his age? No. He wasn't probably even as good as Sturridge. Is he better now? Yes, but he got better by playing regularly and for people having faith in him. He wasn't played on a wing like our talented forward is, he was given chances in his natural position and with the right guidance he became what he is today - One of the best strikers in the world.

Add to that our 18 year old beast that makes Drogba look like a mosquito and I fail to see the point of bringing Cavanni for shitloads of money.

Yes he is quality and yes he would help out the team a lot, but the move like that simply throws away all what the club has been going about recently in the water.

Melanicus likes this

It's not as if he's the only top player there, they have a front 3 to die for. Plus, Napoli should clinch another CL place come the end of the season. This Napoli squad would embarrass AVB's Chelsea.

Henrique likes this

This is the mentality that needs to be changed with Chelsea. We talk about transition, youngsters and all that stuff yet on the first blink of a player doing well in a weaker club we want him in.

Really really bad points.

What Cavani has to do with Sturridge ? Both can play together. We cant sit and wait "oh, Sturridge can become a superb striker". Ok, if he become a superb striker good for us, then we have a squad with two superb strikers, but this kind of argument "we cant buy this player, because if he comes Sturridge or Josh wont develop" is not valid. That doesnt make sense. Messi developed at Barcelona even tough they had Ronaldinho at that time.

And sorry, right now Napoli is not weaker than Chelsea. Even if that was true, whats the point ? Our best signings in last 6 or 7 years were players coming from "weaker" clubs ( Didier, Lampard, Carvalho, Essien, Cech ) while our signings from top clubs were, besides Ballack, big flops ( Shevchenko, Deco, Torres ).

Buying Cavani would be part of transition: finally buying a really good striker in years.

finally buying a really good striker in years.

Not that I don't agree with this line ^

Would you say Cavani would settle well with us? I know he and Falcao are similar in build so André may like that. What about Hulk?