Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

DavidEU

From SSN:

Russian star Diniyar Bilyaletdinov has admitted he would love to play for Chelsea but concedes he would not make the starting XI.

The talented midfield playmaker impressed in both games against England in the recent Euro 2008 qualifiers and was on the scoresheet at the weekend in the ill-fated defeat to Israel.

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has always been keen on recruiting from his homeland, but during his four-year stay the club have yet to sign a Russian.

Now The Blues are tracking Lokomotiv Moscow ace Bilyaletdinov, along with team-mate Branislav Ivanovic.

Bilyaletdinov admits he is pleased to here about Chelsea's interest.

Interest

Chelsea coach Avram Grant is understood to have attended Lokomotiv's clash with Tom a couple of weeks ago - a decision which Bilyaletdinov found curious.

"I heard that Grant visited our game against Tom to watch me and Ivanovic," Bilyaletdinov said in his recent blog for Russian daily Sport.

"I must say that I was surprised with this choice as our derby with Spartak would have been much more interesting."

Bilyaletdinov admits he would love to play for a club like Chelsea.

"It is clear that each football player dreams of playing for a club like Chelsea," he continued.

"But I don't think that we have such players in Russia that could go to London and take a first-team place immediately.

"I think that if Chelsea did buy me now, I would have to go to the store and buy many blue trousers to sit on the bench with!"

Not ready

The 22-year-old seemingly ruled out a move until the summer at least, although even then he seems to believe he is not yet ready to leave Lokomotiv.

"It is very important to go to a team in pre-season so you can prepare with all the team," he added.

"Also I am not sure that I've made big progress this season - I feel that as it stands it would be too early for me to move."

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tribalfootball.com - November 25, 2007

spacer.gif

Chelsea boss Avram Grant is pushing through a deal for Lokomotiv Moscow midfielder Diniyar Bilyaletdinov. Grant has watched Russia international Bilyaletdinov twice in the last month and wants the midfielder at Stamford Bridge in January as he prepares to lose John Obi Mikel (Nigeria) and Michael Essien (Ghana) to the African Nations Cup.

We've seen too many players dismiss themselves as the modest type, but then come over and blow the Premier League away. He is a good technical player with an eye for a good pass, my only concern with him is that the Russian football leagues lack any real pace in my eyes, and he might struggle to come to terms with the FA Premier League's speed. But, on the other hand, the lad is only 22 and therefore will have plenty of time to adapt.

I saw a lot of games in which that player participated.

So..

This is a good player, but not our level. Quite simply: Abramovich wants to take the player from Russia.

There are only two players top-level in Russia: Pavlyuchenko (Spartak Moscow) and Marat Izmaylov (Sporting Lissabon).

I saw a lot of games in which that player participated.

So..

This is a good player, but not our level. Quite simply: Abramovich wants to take the player from Russia.

There are only two players top-level in Russia: Pavlyuchenko (Spartak Moscow) and Marat Izmaylov (Sporting Lissabon).

So basically another Jarosik :lol:

Blue Lion

Agree. He played well in Milan

Kaka and Pirlo - good playmakers.

Just a different style of play. Maybe our style is not suited to him.

But i very much hope that he will play well.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You