test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

.Cee

Branislav Ivanovic

Started by .Cee,

3,566 posts in this topic

His escapades up the flanks do worry me sometimes. If he was slightly faster this wouldn't be so bothersome.

Ivanovic is becoming a scapegoat unfortunately. He is super solid and a very good RB. A bit on the slower side but one of the best in the EPL without doubt.

That's why he doesn't get the credit he deserves, for some reason any full back who is fast get's plaudits even if their crap at every thing else. Bosingwa is the case in point, it wasn't until his flaws became glaringly obvious he got the overdue critics.

I can remember i was on another forum when Bosingwa was due to return from injury in 10/11, despite Ivan's appearance in PFA team of the year, most called for him to go back on the bench.

termninja likes this

His escapades up the flanks do worry me sometimes. If he was slightly faster this wouldn't be so bothersome.

Realized earlier that he was actually somehow in the middle of the penalty box when Mata scored his second goal of the night.

For not scoring, maybe?

If that was really the case, then Torres deserved it! :P

If that was the case, then Torres would spend most of his matches on the floor :P

Despite him scoring a good volley goal today, I was terribly by how annoyed he defended for Norwich's goal. Not for the first time he failed to close down or even put in any pressure on the Norwich player that cross in the ball that led to Holt's goal. He just kept backing off and off and allowed the cross to come in so so easily! :banghead:

BlueLion. likes this

Good to see Bane offer that much in attack, assist and a lovely goal for a full back is great.

He look awesome with a beard.

Good to see Bane offer that much in attack, assist and a lovely goal for a full back is great.

He look awesome with a beard.

We should try playing him upfront in place of Torres. Already has scored 3 goals in the league this season...

I think he would play much better aganist Holt... i think he can stick to holt so much better and win headers aganist holt. maybe azelipeta should have came in at RB to defend aganist crosses.

but we won the game, so it doesnt really matters

I think he would play much better aganist Holt... i think he can stick to holt so much better and win headers aganist holt. maybe azelipeta should have came in at RB to defend aganist crosses.

Only thing that is preventing Azpilicueta starting over Ivanovic right now is that Ivanovic has more experience and possess that physicality to head out crosses and useful in defending and attacking set pieces.

Forgot to mention this but the cross he delivered in for Torres's goal yesterday was quality. First time he has done that in ages! One of the biggest factor in that was how quick he crossed the ball. Once Mata passed the ball to him, he immediately delivered it into the box at first time. Otherwise, he would have taken 2-3 more touches like most of the time and allowed the opposition to close him down and get back into their defensive shape which by then the chance have gone.

Any idea why is Ivan benched today? Just hoping it has nothing to do with his fitness because it would be great to see our another international player being benched tonight.

Any idea why is Ivan benched today? Just hoping it has nothing to do with his fitness because it would be great to see our another international player being benched tonight.

Think he has just been rested, hopefully. No news whatsoever on him picking up any injury etc.

I gotta say, he has turned out into a rather good full back. Few years ago, all we could criticize him for was that he felt awkward as a right back and wasn't too offensive. Well, now he bombs forward in the style of Gareth Bale and actually scores and assist rather a lot, especially considering our front 4 are rather physically weak or short.

He had some bad games, but usually did alright this season. We have to take into consideration that he played quite a lot for 3 seasons in a row now, and as a full back he covered a lot of distance.

It also seems to me that he increased both his speed and strength in the last year.

Check it out

branislav-ivanovic.jpgBranislav+Ivanovic+Chelsea+v+Juventus+FC+UEFA+A54Bymm68Ghl.jpg

I see him as one of the physically strongest players in the PL.

After the match against Belgium in which we played well, but lost 3-0 in the end, our coach, Mihajlovic came out in the media and openly blamed Ivanovic and Kolarov for the loss because they were too offensive. That pissed of the two of them and they confronted him because he used them as scrapegoats for the loss even though they are our two best players who were leading the team. Mihajlovic responded by benching Ivanovic in the next game and changing Kolarov's number to number 3 to metaphorically show him he is a defender. Idiocy if you ask me, Mihajlovic changed the core of our national team so much and put such high expectations now everything is falling apart...besides, when things aren't going well, bigger players won't give 100% because they won't want to injure themselves, so it's a chain reaction...I hope it gets sorted for the upcoming EURO.

I agree, he has done well. He makes a odd fullback but he does a good job overall. I just wish he would finally start to block his direct opponent from putting crosses into our box (at least try). It's incredibly frustrating and causes us quite a few problems.

Wasn't crazy about his decision to foul Young; it was a professional foul and a clear red.

It's all a split second decision, but I hope the coaches are talking to him about it; so many things could have happen in that play: Young could've missed a step (like he often does) and Ivanovic would've been there to stop him (or someone else); Young might have missed or stopped by Cech.

A goal in that united game was a dime-a-dozen (almost literally), so I'd rather we stayed with 11 players one goal down.

Poor Brana. The replay's convinced me that he didn't make any sufficient contact with Young. In fact, he did all he could to not make any contact. I wonder if there's any chance the club will make an appeal.