test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

.Cee

Branislav Ivanovic

Started by .Cee,

3,592 posts in this topic

Tbh, I've actually passed the stage of being mad at Ivanovic. Now I'm just mostly embarrassed for him.

Seriously, if I were in his shoes, particularly in that first half, I would have just walked off the field to save any remaining dignity.

Tbh, I've actually passed the stage of being mad at Ivanovic. Now I'm just mostly embarrassed for him.

Seriously, if I were in his shoes, particularly in that first half, I would have just walked off the field to save any remaining dignity.

he considers it for about a sec then he remembers the number of zeroes on his paycheck.

King11Didier likes this

Constantly at fault. Why has neither manager dropped him permanently?!

First manager didn't drop him because his 80% of his game plan revolved around Ivanovic winning headers.

New manager is just too new to know any better.

Amblève. likes this

First manager didn't drop him because his 80% of his game plan revolved around Ivanovic winning headers.

New manager is just too new to know any better.

Gus was the one would originally gave him his chance, but should have seen enough to see he's past his best.

I do ponder one thing, if Ivanovic is dropped who do you guys want in? The way I see it we've got 2 options;

Azpi - Terry - Zouma - Baba

or

Aina - Terry - Zouma - Azpi

Ignoring choice of CBs, do you guys think Baba is ready to make that LB spot his? I mean Azpilicueta is in fact a terrific left-back for all intents and purposes.

We played 7 games without Ivanovic during his injury and conceded 8.

Since his return 9 games 6 conceded.

Ivanovic is passed it and needs replacing but droppinghim won't magically turn our form around.

DYC. likes this

Ivanovic is passed it and needs replacing but droppinghim won't magically turn our form around.

No, but it's a step forward not only in defensive side, but in offensive too.

didierforever likes this

Ahh stats.

He gets any slower and he'll need a rascal though.

LDN Blue likes this

Team stats, especially generic ones like goals scored/conceded or points won....etc. simply CANNOT be attributed or even directly correlated to the presence/absence of a single player or factor as there are endless variables that cannot be accounted for from one game to the next that affect the outcome.

I swear, it should be mandatory that that statement be displayed as a warning/disclaimer on every single football stats site.

I do ponder one thing, if Ivanovic is dropped who do you guys want in? The way I see it we've got 2 options;

Azpi - Terry - Zouma - Baba

or

Aina - Terry - Zouma - Azpi

Ignoring choice of CBs, do you guys think Baba is ready to make that LB spot his? I mean Azpilicueta is in fact a terrific left-back for all intents and purposes.

first options, need natural fullbacks, azpi on the left defends well, but destroys any buildup, can't have the fullback taking 4 touches and cutting back every time

Ivanovic has been dreadful once again. Just one example: when Martial hit the woodwork. Ivan was completely at fault. He was completely lost on the pitch. I feel embarrassed for him. He should not play again for us. Anyone else cannot be worse.

You cannot be captain and get yourself a yellow like that. Performance was maybe even decent, but what was going on in his head? Damn.

MichaelDance likes this

1 minute ago, El P. said:

You cannot be captain and get yourself a yellow like that. Performance was maybe even decent, but what was going on in his head? Damn.

true but tbf he was excellent today on both ends. 

Branislav Ivanovic has agreed the terms of a contract extension at Chelsea and is likely to sign a one-year deal next month, with the option of a further 12 months if he plays a certain number of matches. Times

Well, he really doesn't deserve to get a contract extension judging by his poor performance this season. It's like board more appreciate him rather than Lampard or Ashley Cole. Brana is getting slow and I'm tired seeing his flat crossing every game