test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

.Cee

Branislav Ivanovic

Started by .Cee,

3,566 posts in this topic

Bane was so awful I would agree, though I think Montero would rape Ramires also anyway. To me, Ramires should've been on the wing along with Montero to suffocate the fucker whenever he was on the ball.

Yeah whoever was playing against Montero today would have had their backsides kicked, even Cafu :lol:

The moment when Ivanovic simply allowed Routledge (Montero's replacement) to run in behind him onto a through ball without even making the SLIGHTEST effort to track him (despite being in the perfect position to do so) summed up his overall performance today.

kellzfresh likes this

The moment when Ivanovic simply allowed Routledge (Montero's replacement) to run in behind him onto a through ball without even making the SLIGHTEST effort to track him (despite being in the perfect position to do so) summed up his overall performance today.

His spirit was broken by that point.

WNDS likes this

I remember that, I was screaming all manner of swears at my monitor. If instead of a ball they kicked a ballon, he still wouldn't manage to get it how awful he did.

kellzfresh likes this

I remember that, I was screaming all manner of swears at my monitor. If instead of a ball they kicked a ballon, he still wouldn't manage to get it how awful he did.

It's so frustrating, because on his day Ivan can be a genuine beast of a player, but he seems to be a player who NEEDS to be feeling the pressure in order to perform to such a high standard; when he is guaranteed his place in the team no matter what (as he currently is), and/or the game being played is not 'do-or-die', he loses almost all focus and discipline. I find it unbelievable that Mourinho is willing to ignore this.

DYC. likes this

We need left back more than anything, Ivanovic is great player but he is going to be slower and slower, he was destroyed today, sign left back and move Dave to right back!

kellzfresh likes this

His spirit was broken by that point.

More like his arse was broken from the pounding Montero was giving him the entire game.

Sometimes in games like today it becomes very clear that he's is just a very blunt instrument. Lots of power and not much in the brain department.

He already looked half-arsed early on when Montero put in the cross for Swansea to equalise.

can't stand seeing his face in the starting XI right now. But we're so short in defense that we basically don't have any other option.

I still believe Mourinho made a serious mistake keeping him in the team last season without even trying for a decent streak of matches playing Azpi and Luís. And when he justified his choice he looked even worse saying Iva asked him to play at all matches. I also want to sit in my house every Friday instead of working, but my bosses unfortunately aren't Mourinho...

Sterling will destroy him lol

If it were a 1v1 duel then definitely but we'll be defending with a back 5 or 6 so probably not. Instead Ivanovic will be standing in between Cahill and one of Willian/Ramires (as they try to defend 1v1) with his hands behind his back, pretending to be making himself useful.

Barbara and commilin like this

This dude just gives no fucks.

Listen, he does give a fuck but he just isn't capable of playing right back. He shows a lot of passion at times but his inability to fit into that role mainly due to the lack of pace is embarassing him now.

Time to call it a day at right back Ivan!

Our right back was not ready/fit for yesterday for him was a start he knows he will suffer from fast pacey winger this season he needs to be replaced or he should put his self together