test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Steve

La Liga Thread

Started by Steve,

2,848 posts in this topic

Xavi At the moment = Chuck norris

Obi Mikel When he reaches his prime = Bruce lee

Haha I love your analogies sometimes Zashko!

The way we played against Barca in those two legs in 08-09 remains the best display against them by a top side in recent years. Shame that twat Ov*rbo fucked it up.

The best way to stop Iniesta, Messi and Xavi? A sniper in the top tier...

In all seriousness, manmark them with Essien, Gattuso and van Bommel and they'll stop farting around :lol:

Stat of the year:

Lionel Messi has scored 69 goals in 69 matches in the year 2010.

That's just unfair.

We should to ask him to teach to our strikers how to score :lol:

The best way to stop Iniesta, Messi and Xavi? A sniper in the top tier...

In all seriousness, manmark them with Essien, Gattuso and van Bommel and they'll stop farting around :lol:

Hmmm... I'd rather play De Jong. Imo he would be the most efficient: he would break their legs without being sent off :lol:

And again Barcelona play ''out of this world'' football and crush their opponent (5-0). They have scored 108 goals in the competition in the league alone, on the verge of breaking a record. Messi scores twice, Villa getting better and better. Iniesta in the form of his life. This might be their season to win it all again -_-.

Real also won. Great free kick by Ronaldo. The kind i like, over the wall instead of through them.

I guess i just should've named Barcelona's starting line-up in the Dream Eleven thread. They're looking unstoppable at the moment and are crushing everybody in their way with unbelievable football.

I think we're witnessing the best team in football history.

Real also won. Great free kick by Ronaldo. The kind i like, over the wall instead of through them.

Real don't play till tomorrow?

I think we're witnessing the best team in football history.

Very debatable.

But certainly the best team in the world for the last 3 years or so ...

Very debatable.

But certainly the best team in the world for the last 3 years or so ...

Well, majority of them won the World Cup so I guess we could say that the best team in the world for the last 4 years...

Calling them the best ever is a bit over the top but I can't see how anyone can argue against them being the most dominating football side ever.

Calling them the best ever is a bit over the top but I can't see how anyone can argue against them being the most dominating football side ever.

Explain why?

Anything from playing in an uncompetitive league to preferring sides with more flair could be used against them.

Last year some described Chelsea as a well-oiled machine and that's exactly how I feel about the current Barcelona side. As a neutral I would vote for any of the brilliant Brazil teams or the legendary Real and Milan teams as I value unpredictability more than effectiveness.

Oh and I still hate them for 2009 ;)

Anything from playing in an uncompetitive league to preferring sides with more flair could be used against them.

Last year some described Chelsea as a well-oiled machine and that's exactly how I feel about the current Barcelona side. As a neutral I would vote for one of the brilliant Brazil teams or the legendary Real and Milan teams as I value unpredictability more than effectiveness.

Oh and I still hate them for 2009 ;)

Hmm. Let me first explain that i was talking about club teams if that wasn't clear.

About your well-oiled machine comment, i don't think you can compare that comment about Chelsea with Barcelona. If i'm not wrong you're talking that run that led us to the title but you can't compare a ,what about 10-15 games, run to a team that has been playing incredible since 08/09 season and even got better and better.

And i hope you and i agree that just because a team isn't winning the CL every year, they're not the best team around.

And about the legendary Real & Milan teams, did you actually see those team play to make a statement like that? And do you know that those teams were actually playing in a competitive league?

And do you watch current Barcelona's matches?(i know, a lot of questions happy.gif)

And keep in mind that i'm not saying current Barcelona is the best team in football history, just to make that clear.

Hmm. Let me first explain that i was talking about club teams if that wasn't clear.

About your well-oiled machine comment, i don't think you can compare that comment about Chelsea with Barcelona. If i'm not wrong you're talking that run that led us to the title but you can't compare a ,what about 10-15 games, run to a team that has been playing incredible since 08/09 season and got better and better.

And i hope you and i agree that just because a team isn't winning the CL every year, they're not the best team around.

I'm certainly not comparing our success with Barcelona's. What I'm saying is that both team worked and operated like a perfect machine.

Cole's overlaps were tactical just like Lampard's late runs in the box,Messi's dribbling,movement and his 1-2s with Alves. Sometimes I'd rather watch unpredictable but flawed players like Ronaldinho(05-07) than Messi as most things he and his Barcelona side do feel a bit mechanical/industrial. I'm probably using the wrong words but the point that I'm trying to make is that the "perfectness" of their style/play can get old to a non-supporter.

A perfect example of how it can get boring after a while is the World Cup winning Spain. They were playing much like Barcelona (being more or less as effective as them) but were lacking the extra inspiration that Messi sometimes brings to the table, IMO it made them one of the most dull and boring national sides I've seen.

And about the legendary Real & Milan teams, did you actually see those team play to make a statement like that? And do you know that those teams were actually playing in a competitive league?

It was probably a bad example but when Di Stefano's Real and the Dutch Milan are being mentioned in the same breath as 1970 Brazil by everyone I can't doubt those teams. Milan were certainly in a more competitive league and not knowing about Spain's league back then I am willing to assume that it could hardly be less competitive than the current La Liga.

And keep in mind that i'm not saying current Barcelona is the best team in football history, just to make that clear.
Cool :tiphat: