The Serie A Thread

Steve

Incredible player. The most talented player (together with Ibrahimovic) in the Serie A but he's handful. But i would also take the risk for that price. If he manages to behave, he'll be a great hit.

This probably means the end of the great Ronaldinho though...

He was superb last season but it seems like he doesn't really care anymore and has been spotted in the Milan night life again. Horrible end to the (European) career of one of the best footballers ever.

They need to get a replacement for the long-term injured Silva though together with a solid LB & RB. If they do that, they'll have a world-class team again.

But they're current side is good enough to win the league.

Abbiati

Abate Nesta Thiago Silva/?* Antonini

A./G.

K-P. Boateng A. Pirlo

Cassano

Pato Ibrahimovic

*? - new player

A. - Ambro

G. - Gatusso

Milan!

Incredible player. The most talented player (together with Ibrahimovic) in the Serie A but he's handful. But i would also take the risk for that price. If he manages to behave, he'll be a great hit.

This probably means the end of the great Ronaldinho though...

He was superb last season but it seems like he doesn't really care anymore and has been spotted in the Milan night life again. Horrible end to the (European) career of one of the best footballers ever.

They need to get a replacement for the long-term injured Silva though together with a solid LB & RB. If they do that, they'll have a world-class team again.

But they're current side is good enough to win the league.

Abbiati

Abate Nesta Thiago Silva/?* Antonini

A./G.

K-P. Boateng A. Pirlo

Cassano

Pato Ibrahimovic

*? - new player

A. - Ambro

G. - Gatusso

Milan!

Yeah, it's awful to witness the rise-and-fall of Ronaldinho.. Perhaps one of the most exciting, explosive midfielders to have ever done it. It's a shame the nightlife got to to him, he could've had so many more years at the top with Kaka and Cristiano.

I think what Milan also need is a better goal keeper, lord knows why they stuck with Dida for so long (only releasing him this summer) but Abbiati and Almeia don't strike me as world class keepers to be honest. They do need to find a long-term replacement for Thiago Silva but also for that person to step up when Nesta calls it a day, I believe he plans on either staying on 1 more season at Milan or going back to Lazio before taking up coaching so they must find an ideal replacement there.

Their main priority should be to sign Ibrahimovic permanently though. He's only on loan from the Catalan club and they should secure a permanent move. They have a good stock of players in midfield.. Ambrosini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Boateng, Flamini, Ronaldinho, Seedorf and, of course now, Cassano.

Yeah, it's awful to witness the rise-and-fall of Ronaldinho.. Perhaps one of the most exciting, explosive midfielders to have ever done it. It's a shame the nightlife got to to him, he could've had so many more years at the top with Kaka and Cristiano.

I think what Milan also need is a better goal keeper, lord knows why they stuck with Dida for so long (only releasing him this summer) but Abbiati and Almeia don't strike me as world class keepers to be honest. They do need to find a long-term replacement for Thiago Silva but also for that person to step up when Nesta calls it a day, I believe he plans on either staying on 1 more season at Milan or going back to Lazio before taking up coaching so they must find an ideal replacement there.

Their main priority should be to sign Ibrahimovic permanently though. He's only on loan from the Catalan club and they should secure a permanent move. They have a good stock of players in midfield.. Ambrosini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Boateng, Flamini, Ronaldinho, Seedorf and, of course now, Cassano.

I would agree with you on the keeper issue at the beginning of the season but believe it or not, Abbiati has done surprisingly well so far. Has made some world-class saves, much more secure when dealing with crosses and hasn't really been dropping balls like crazy like he used to and has only conceded 13 goals in 17 games so far. He's arguably been the best goalie in the league so far so the GK position is the least of their worries so far.

You're right about getting another CB. Nesta and Thiago Silva form a world-class CB duo but both are very injury-prone. Nesta probably has one more season left in him (he's still one the best in the league though). But Sokratis is supposed to be a great talent so maybe he'll step up. But it would be best to get another CB.

About Zlatan, he's pretty much a Milan player. Officially it's a loan deal but because of a special construction he'll officially be a Milan player at the end of the season. The same goes for K-P. Boateng and Roma and Milan did the same with Borrielo.

You can scratch Ronaldinho from the those names though, Berlusconi confirmed Cassano will be Ronaldinho's replacement as Dinho will be leaving.

• 2 weeks later...

And less of the selfish attitude too.

Didi is a good man.

He had three good chances against Blackburn which he would have finished easily couple of weeks/months ago.

Malaria most probably fucked up his physical condition.