Miguel

EskWeston

Chelsea outcast Paulo Ferreira is at the centre of a £10million swap deal with Valencia defender Miguel.Portuguese international Ferreira, 27, who joined Chelsea for £13.2m, lost his place last season and is still a bit-part player under Avram Grant.Grant is considering a swap deal to boost his central defence by offering right-back Ferreira in a straight swap for Valencia's £10m-rated Port uguese centre-half Miguel.Agent Paulo Barbosa has flown to Valencia to negotiate with the club's sporting director Miguel Angel Ruiz.Source: The Mirror

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont know if theres much credibility in this, but there will be some movement of players after Christmas, almost guaranteed. This Miguel fella's the biz on FIFA, thats good enough for me.
Lol :rolleyes: It could be possible, although i am sure we are looking at Alves again too..

Doesn't seem much point to me in going for Alves in January as he won't be able to play in the Champions League!
SO why bring in anyone, because if we are to improve the team, most players we would be looking to buy wouldnt be able to play in the C/L either.That would apply to Miguel and aall of the other players mentioned in this board bar a few who arent worth the hassle....ie..Anelka

• 1 month later...

Chelsea are ready to rekindle their interest in Miguel after making enquires over his services this week.

It appears Blues boss Avram Grant is far from convinced by Portuguese international Paulo Ferreira and Miguel is the man he wants.

Chelsea are believed to have come up short in a bid for Miguel last summer when they also failed to get Daniel Alves and eventually went for Juliano Belletti.

But The Blues have continued to track Miguel, who they have watched for the last 12 months, which is why Grant is already aware of him.

Miguel is keen to move to England and a switch to the West London giants would no doubt appeal, although Aston Villa remain keen.

Villa want a high-class right-back and Miguel has impressed Martin O'Neill - but it remains to be seen whether they could compete with Chelsea - who could also offer Ferreira as a makeweight in the deal.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11677_3044341,00.html

We have Belleti and paulo and they are great this season....and I don't really think that we need Miguel but he uis really great too..so I don't know but I know that I don't want to get rid of thoose two that we have-...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You