LDN Blue

We love football and we always wanna see our team do well. Because our football is so well supported, even getting some teams with 20/30,000 fans in league 1/2 the lower league fans see this as their chance to watch their team at the highest level, almost like a champions league. We're a true football country. To be honest... we're a true sporting country, you see the same support at Rugby and Cricket away too from us.

Because we do care during a World Cup and Euros. Its a cultural thing that we always think or believe we have a chance of winning it no matter how shit we have been. We take huge numbers of fans to tournaments because of a mix of love of football and patriotism and just love the World Cup for the buzz it gives the country at the time, flags hanging out of windows everywhere, pubs completely full of football fans etc.

I see, ty.

So you are saying you all dont care about the NT, but when the offical competitions start you really get behind the team and show support?

What you said= the meaning of a world cup.

Also, how big is the rivalry between Argentina vs. England? The media makes it seem like they hate each other.

It is definitely up there with our biggest rivalries. The others are probably France, Germany, Scotland and maybe Portugal now. The hate is down to a mix of political history and football history. The political history is down to stuff like the dispute over who the Falkland Islands should belong to. The football history is related to Maradona's 'Hand of God' goal against us in 1986, Beckham getting sent off against them in 1998 and their theatrics in that game and various controversial decisions in games against them in the past

But this is what I dont understand...

I have seen many English members on this forum bashing their NT and the hype of the media, almost everyone on TC doesnt like International Football, especially England. However, English fans were the most present crowd in the last 2 WCs (Germany and South Africa) and are expected to be the 3rd or 4th most present fans in Brazil (losing to USA and Argentina).

I feel a huge level of indiference when I read your posts, but when I see the touristic/presence statistics it shows me otherwise. For me, it is a complete paradox between you not caring about the team and the great numbers and noise level your fans show in international competitions.

How do you explain that?

MOST of the travelling English fans are NOT supporters of PL teams ...look at their banners you will see Rochdale York Bury and Non league teams like

Tamworth

That is why I hate those fiendlies against small teams.They treat an useless pathetic game as a World Cup final and end up hitting all our players!

In the end, they not only lose the game, but they risk injuring the best Brazilian stars.

Just look at today's Spanish game and what Equatorial Guinea did to Xabi Alonso...