LDN Blue

Germany's downfall will be their lack of a leader. Despite popular opinion I'm 100% convinced that both Lahm and Schweinsteiger are not leaders of any sort. Terrific players, no doubt but leaders of men they are not. This German team will not win the World Cup or the Euros, even though they are quite possibly the most stacked and talented German team for a long time.

They lack the perfect cohesion and mechanical nature of past German teams. Lowe has given Germany flair and panaché but taken away their stereotypical 'boring, efficient, win at all costs' nature. I'd take the German team from 2006 over this one. Michael Ballack being one of the main reasons. Not often you see a barrel chested man take games by the scruff of their neck and alpha male his team to victory.

Manuel Neuer is a clown that has to be replaced by Ter-Stegen, Adlér or even Leno.

Mario Gotze will be less than flatering at Bayern. He will be constantly outshined by Draxler, Ozil, Muller, Kroos and Reus.

André Schurrle will replace Podolski as the 'average for club, brilliant for nation' German.

Stefan Kiessling is a machine that has been overlooked by Germany.

Mario Gomez should be nowhere near die Mannschaft if they want to win anything.

Schmelzer, Howedes, Hummels and Lahm should be the default starting back four.

Manuel Neuer is a clown that has to be replaced by Ter-Stegen, Adlér or even Leno.

Not sure if you know this, but Neuer was not supposed to be Germany's keeper in 2010 world cup. After Enke committed suicide, Low tried both him and Adler for a few matches to decide who would get the starting spot for the WC and he actually decided that it would be Adler over Neuer, but he suffered a back injury IIRC a couple of weeks before the WC and Neuer ended up as the first choice keeper as a result.

Neuer is definitely capable of the incredible, but he's also prone to the absolutely stupid. He reminds me of Lehman in a way. Very erratic and unpredictable which isn't exactly things you want your keeper to be. I honestly still prefer Adler and I think that Ter-Stegen should be the future keeper for the German NT.

Not sure if you know this, but Neuer was not supposed to be Germany's keeper in 2010 world cup. After Enke committed suicide, Low tried both him and Adler for a few matches to decide who would get the starting spot for the WC and he actually decided that it would be Adler over Neuer, but he suffered a back injury IIRC a couple of weeks before the WC and Neuer ended up as the first choice keeper as a result.

Neuer is definitely capable of the incredible, but he's also prone to the absolutely stupid. He reminds me of Lehman in a way. Very erratic and unpredictable which isn't exactly things you want your keeper to be. I honestly still prefer Adler and I think that Ter-Stegen should be the future keeper for the German NT.

Yes, I did know that. B)

Neuer reminds me of Hitler Youth.

Germany's downfall will be their lack of a leader. Despite popular opinion I'm 100% convinced that both Lahm and Schweinsteiger are not leaders of any sort. Terrific players, no doubt but leaders of men they are not. This German team will not win the World Cup or the Euros, even though they are quite possibly the most stacked and talented German team for a long time.

They lack the perfect cohesion and mechanical nature of past German teams. Lowe has given Germany flair and panaché but taken away their stereotypical 'boring, efficient, win at all costs' nature. I'd take the German team from 2006 over this one. Michael Ballack being one of the main reasons. Not often you see a barrel chested man take games by the scruff of their neck and alpha male his team to victory.

Mario Gotze will be less than flatering at Bayern. He will be constantly outshined by Draxler, Ozil, Muller, Kroos and Reus.

André Schurrle will replace Podolski as the 'average for club, brilliant for nation' German.

Stefan Kiessling is a machine that has been overlooked by Germany.

Mario Gomez should be nowhere near die Mannschaft if they want to win anything.

Schmelzer, Howedes, Hummels and Lahm should be the default starting back four.

None of that is actually a problem when you are a big nation with lots of options...As a Brazilian, I can write a post in the same mood as this one for every single World Cup we have participated (including 2002)!

Now, the absolute must to win a 1 month tournament is to believe you can pull it off. You can have the best team, but if you dont have 110% confidence you are the best, you wont win a WC. Something very clear in the last two winners. Italy and Spain didnt play great and even faced 'better' teams, but they were certain about what they wanted!

The problem with Germany (and England in 2006) is that they dont have the manager who will put that inside the players head. They dont have the leader who will make their players give that extra effort. Overall, if you dont have a manager who is both a leader and a motivator, you will never win a WC. And neither Löw nor Capello have these attributes...

World Cups are like this, if you are in it you have a chance. But the problem is making your squad believe in that. Something Felipão knows!!!

He can if he wants to, yes. He holds Spanish citizenship.

It would be ridiculous if FIFA allows Diego Costa to play for Spain after playing for Brazil!

It will be like futsal, where other nations are actually like Brazil's second and third teams...All 5 starting players for Spain are Brazilians who grew up in Brazil. 3 out of 5 Italian players are also Brazilians who grew up in Brazil. Russia has a black Brazilian as their pivot (most important position). Etc!

It is one thing to have someone like Thiago. Who, although is Brazilian (son of Mazinho), lived his whole life in Spain and can actually be considered Spaniard and feel like he belongs there. But all Diego Costa wants (and many other secondary players) is to participate in International competitions at all costs. That is just absolutely pathetic!!!

I really dont want Big Phill to call him. Brazil has 5 fucking stars, we dont need this Diego Costa. He means fuck all to our history and he embarasses me...

In the spirit of the clash between Juve and Madrid tonight, one of the best individual performances of all time by a footballing god:

http://videobam.com/rsfVj

EDIT: Remembering that tie, I can't believe Juve won at the Bernabau with Molinar, Marchioni, Amauri and Manninger in the starting XI! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Why can't the leagues just play on when there are international breaks? Would be a nice test for the B-Teams of the clubs and a chance for those who do not have as many internationals i.e. the smaller clubs. More and More players would simply chose club instead of country. This would be an important step towards the abolition of International football. It all depends on the TV deals, but broadcasters pay so much more for league football, that they would be easily convinced to show it instead of international football. I hope this prevails one day.

Why can't the leagues just play on when there are international breaks? Would be a nice test for the B-Teams of the clubs and a chance for those who do not have as many internationals i.e. the smaller clubs. More and More players would simply chose club instead of country. This would be an important step towards the abolition of International football. It all depends on the TV deals, but broadcasters pay so much more for league football, that they would be easily convinced to show it instead of international football. I hope this prevails one day.

but...but...you're from Germany

your national team is awesome

but...but...you're from Germany

your national team is awesome

True and this should tell people how serious I am about this.We are arguably favourites to win the World Cup. Still even if we were 3-0 up in the last minute of the final, I would still try to abolish international football in the very last second before the final whistle.