test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

The Pre-Season Thread

Started by BlueLion.,

1,402 posts in this topic

YESSSS!!! got the tickets. :delight::delight::delight::delight::delight:

Now I have to book the flight tickets..If everything goes fine I will be the first person in TC to watch a Chelsea match in the next season :cig:

CHOULO19 likes this

I'm going to our pre season tour in Asia. I would just like to know whose all going so that we can go to the games together. 

I'm from South Africa and I'm leaving on the 20th July. 

When does Conte and the players who didnt have any international games return for pre-season?

Barbara likes this

10 hours ago, NiclasCFC said:

When does Conte and the players who didnt have any international games return for pre-season?

Pretty sure the first team start pre-season training next week. The development squad and u18's start this week.

Barbara and Beigl like this

32 minutes ago, Fernando said:

So we are starting pre season next week just with a free transfer? 

Why don't you wait and see?

3 minutes ago, manpe said:

Why don't you wait and see?

I did that for July 1st and was false hope. 

So as if stands we just go with free transfer.... 

12 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I did that for July 1st and was false hope. 

So as if stands we just go with free transfer.... 

Yeah, not ideal.

Not ideal, but they're professionals that train every day. Even if new signings aren't ready for preseason, I don't think it'll take them long to get into the system. 

Should we be concerned that we are gonna play only 4 games in pre-season, including the Community Shield? Don't want us to go into the season under-cooked again like in 2015/16, especially when we have a rough first 2 months.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Should we be concerned that we are gonna play only 4 games in pre-season, including the Community Shield? Don't want us to go into the season under-cooked again like in 2015/16, especially when we have a rough first 2 months.

Wasn't the problem's in 15/16 more down to Jose mentally knackering the player's? I'm sure the light pre season (which i think was more down to relaxed training, which won't be an issue under Conte)  didn't help but any physical rustiness would have been gone by September and we still performed like dog until Christmas.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Wasn't the problem's in 15/16 more down to Jose mentally knackering the player's? I'm sure the light pre season (which i think was more down to relaxed training, which won't be an issue under Conte)  didn't help but any physical rustiness would have been gone by September and we still performed like dog until Christmas.

Yeah but that wasn't the only reason we underperformed or started badly, was it? We looked off the pace physically from the start and never recovered. Training hard won't necessarily help get the match sharpness and fitness up.

Guess my question has been answered...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/05/diego-costa-chelsea-atletico-madrid-offer

The players are due to begin double sessions later next week and will play two friendlies, one behind closed doors, prior to departing on a summer tour of China and Singapore on 18 July. They play Arsenal, Bayern Munich and Internazionale in the Far East.

ANOTHER WEEK!? I can't wait until there's matches again so people stop over analyzing every rumor piece and social media post.

Beigl likes this

For some reason I just now realized that we are only playing 3 pre-season matches. What the hell are Conte and the board thinking? Have we learned nothing from the 15-16 season? 

We are most likely going to start the season physically behind most teams which probably means that we will have a slow start leading to panic all around. 

30 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

For some reason I just now realized that we are only playing 3 pre-season matches. What the hell are Conte and the board thinking?

To accomodate our lone striker? 3 match is enough.

1 hour ago, RoyalBlues said:

To accomodate our lone striker? 3 match is enough.

Dont forget Remy mate, can he just get a injury free season then he can be a real asset to the squad IMO.

RoyalBlues and kellzfresh like this