test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

The Pre-Season Thread

Started by BlueLion.,

1,419 posts in this topic

9th July? I might go with a few mates then.. Come back on the same night *-)

Edit: Chelsea haven't confirmed it yet though, which is strange..

Edited by LDN Blue

9th July? I might go with a few mates then.. Come back on the same night *-)

Edit: Chelsea haven't confirmed it yet though, which is strange..

Judging by past experience they won't for a while either. All of last seasons pre-season games were announced by the other club weeks before we announced it.

Won't there be at least one friendly back here in the Bridge? I would love to watch a pre-season friendly here, seeing as how playing against teams never encountered before AT HOME would be epic.

Vitesse eh? Is it because Abramovich is a good friend of the Vitesse owner?

Apart from Celtic in 2005? I cant remember the last time we played a friendly at home- but I dont mind the fairly local ones like against Palace at the start of the season.

Gosh, what a load of Pre-season friendlies. Take note that we are supposed to play BENFICA as well. this is part of the Luiz deal. So apart from the Asian tour, we have Vitesse, Portsmouth, Benfica and probably Brighton.

blue%20scalf.gif

That makes the fans sound like glory-hunters.

Well we went trophyless...so if they choose to support then they arent "glory hunters" ;)...you get my drift?

Few rumours flying around several Rangers forums that Chelsea will be going back to Ibrox on August 6th ?

Any truth in that ?

EDIT - Confirmed....Get in....I'll be going to this :delight:

Edited by Aesthetic Relic
BluesChick likes this

Few rumours flying around several Rangers forums that Chelsea will be going back to Ibrox on August 6th ?

Any truth in that ?

EDIT - Confirmed....Get in....I'll be going to this :delight:

You sure? Nothing on the Rangers site yet.

Hope so, always wanted to go there and didn't last time.

Rangers fan here. BBC website football rumours quotes Daily Record as saying Chelsea to visit Ibrox on 6th August. Can't find it anywhere else for confirmation but hope it's true. Great to have Chelsea back up here. Great football and great atmosphere. Love it when the Brothers in Blue get together. Rangers / Chelsea connection goes back to founding of Chelsea when Rangers people helped Chelsea get started. The Rangers blue strip and Lion were adopted by Chelsea as a mark of thanks to Rangers. The link between the clubs fell away but then kicked in again in 1971 when we came to The Bridge for the Ron Harris testimonial (I went to that game). Just continued to grow since then.

dave30 and eldo like this