test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Aria

Hip Hop discussion

Started by Aria,

2,282 posts in this topic

What happened to Detox? I thought after two singles dropped it was set and ready but I haven't heard anything since "I need a Doctor".

I think the rapheads in here will appreciate RapGenius, a brilliant website which analyses hip hop songs and explains rhymes and references. Native speakers might not need most of explanations but it's handy for obscure references in some of the older songs.

Better start up with one of the classics.

LDN Blue, Term-X and Igi26 like this

What happened to Detox? I thought after two singles dropped it was set and ready but I haven't heard anything since "I need a Doctor".

I think the rapheads in here will appreciate RapGenius, a brilliant website which analyses hip hop songs and explains rhymes and references. Native speakers might not need most of explanations but it's handy for obscure references in some of the older songs.

Props to that link, will check it out.

As for Detox, that urban myth, the latest "release date" is early 2012, but I doubt that's happening. I predict it maybe this time-next year. We'll see though.

Lmaooo

Wu-Tang/Nas (East Coast) > everything in rap history... EVERYTHING.

Ice Cube, Tupac, Dr.Dre, Eazy E, Snoop Dog, Cypres Hill, NWA, enough.

btw. happy birthday to Eazy E. RIP.

Ice Cube, Tupac, Dr.Dre, Eazy E, Snoop Dog, Cypres Hill, NWA, enough.

Well, to start things off.. none of those rappers eclipse the east coast artists I mentioned above. Most of that is 'simple rap', NWA 'fuck tha powlice', Snoop, Dre, Cypress Hill (facepalm). Tupac was a great poet/preacher though..

The Greatest album of all time = Nas - Illmatic (East Coast)

The Greatest Hip-Hop battle of all time = Nas & Jay-Z (East Coast)

The Greatest rap group of all time = The Wu-Tang Clan (East Coast)

East Coast: Nas, Big L, Eminem, Biggie, Jay-Z, Wu-Tang, enough said.

Kostas and Peace. like this

Well, to start things off.. none of those rappers eclipse the east coast artists I mentioned above. Most of that is 'simple rap', NWA 'fuck tha powlice', Snoop, Dre (not a rapper), Cypress Hill (facepalm). Tupac was a great poet/preacher though..

double facepalm.

Oh yeah and another thing

For all ya niggas that don't do gangsta rap

Don't get on TV talking about gangsta rap

Cause 9 times at a 10 you don't know the fuck you talk about

Talk about that bullshit rap you do

Stay the fuck out of mine.

"Rappers Make Threats And I Can Hear It;

Hard To Fear It, Cause I Know You Grew Up On My Lyrics".

legend.

I'm reading RapGenus always.

Well, to start things off.. none of those rappers eclipse the east coast artists I mentioned above. Most of that is 'simple rap', NWA 'fuck tha powlice', Snoop, Dre, Cypress Hill (facepalm). Tupac was a great poet/preacher though..

amaaaaazing.

I don't know if someone has already advised this album...

The Kendrick Lamar mixtape "Nigga I'm Compton" has really good songs on it.

Especially "The Heart part 1" which is a dope song.

I don't know if someone has already advised this album...

The Kendrick Lamar mixtape "Nigga I'm Compton" has really good songs on it.

Especially "The Heart part 1" which is a dope song.

You got a link for that? ..I've heard a bunch of tracks from it (the heart part 1 is dope). Never got round to downloading the whole thing, couldn't find active links.

I have his 'Overly Dedicated' mixtape & Section 80 though.

Lol man, okay, at the top of the chart is east coast rapper. Second place may be taken by east coast rapper, too. But if we looked at the top 20, we would see 70% of west coast rappers and that's what is it - overall west coast produces more quality rap. And how come you put Nas n Jay-Z beef over Pac n Biggie one.

how come you put Nas n Jay-Z beef over Pac n Biggie one.

Because that was more of a beef than an actual battle.

‘Hit em up’ was weak compared to ‘Ether’ & ‘Takeover‘, and Biggie never even replied. So you can't really call that a 'battle'.

LDN Blue likes this

Tupac RIP

15 years ago today

Yeah.. Very sad to remember.

Been playing old 'Pac tunes all day,

"It's time to fight back, that's what Huey said, two shots in the dark, now Huey's dead. I got love for my brother but we can never go nowhere unless we share with each other. We gotta start making Changes, you gotta see me as a brother instead of two distant strangers." - Tupac

J. Cole - Mr. Nice Watch Feat Jay-Z ... What does everyone think then?

It was hyped up to the maximum by people who were at the listening party, so everyone had HUGE expectations. Overall it’s aight, it will certainly grow on people. I’m a J. Cole fan, but nothing I’ve heard from this album (apart from the God’s gift snippet) sounds ‘classic material’ imo. Which is a shame, but there’s still hope, depending how the rest of the album measures up.