test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Aria

Hip Hop discussion

Started by Aria,

2,282 posts in this topic

Straight Up Perfection

Greatest Live performance of all time.

Gets better every time I keep pressing play :|
TX that XZibit performance was raw

:) Glad to see we agreed each other. Pure class performance, emotion in the whole song. That's what I call art. Song alone is fucking amazing and this live performance underlines it.

Just like TX said originally. The applause they give him at the end is not enough by any means for that performance. Outstanding!

What do you guys think of Syles P & Pappoose?

I actually like these 2 guys, consider them very underrated.

Cole under pressure, what that make? Diamonds

%28Y%29.gif%28Y%29.gif%28Y%29.gif%28Y%29.gif%28Y%29.gif

He killed it. Can't wait for his debut album.

People are underestimating the line "Cole under pressure what that make? Diamonds"... it actually has 4 meanings:

1. Scientifically Coal under high amounts of pressure makes diamonds

2. When Cole is under pressure, he produces gems (diamonds)

3. He's suggesting his album will reach diamond status

4. He's signed to Roc Nation which uses the diamond as its symbol

J. Cole is lyrically too smart.

Rambo and LDN Blue like this

What do you guys think of Syles P & Pappoose?

I actually like these 2 guys, consider them very underrated.

Both are great, well Pap was before he just faded away, got fucked over with his album Nacirema Dream and then all the trouble with his wife getting locked up, haven't heard anything about him since he knocked out Fat Joe.

Only really heard Styles P on Jada's stuff, haven't got around to his own albums yet wink.gif

Tupac is grossly overrated. I'm not saying he wasn't good, but the amount people have gone on about him, compared to how much they've actually listened to him is stupid.

Indeed, many people think he's one of the best rappers ever. I mean i don't mind that, it's peoples taste i just get ticked off when people call him the best lyricist when that's not true, because in my opinion overall he's an average lyricist.

Indeed, many people think he's one of the best rappers ever. I mean i don't mind that, it's peoples taste i just get ticked off when people call him the best lyricist when that's not true, because in my opinion overall he's an average lyricist.

Yeah, the thing is. I think he is one of the greats. I've heard all his albums & it's all I listened to growing up (my cousin was a huge Pac head and made me :lol: )

So I don't disagree when people consider him 1 of the best. But when they can't back it up with examples of his songs, I get annoyed. -_-

Yes, I can't disagree that. I just think that his legacy got broken down a bit when all those fucked up albums came out..Tupac is solid lyricist, has no best flow, no best beats, but his charisma and minds he got in his head, and the way he brings it into the songs, it makes him special one. He never will be best rapper, but I think he didn't even care about that and nobody who loves him should care about that..I take him as a great one in all aspects of life, not just rap game n shits..I don't think I will ever meet a person who is honest like Pac, talks like Pac, fights like Pac...

I don't have a "best ever" to be honest. I change that every week, depending on what I'm on.

Right now, for example, I'm on Tupac tunes. Next week it may be Nas, and the week after Vinnie Paz. Ect.

My favourite rapper of all time is Nas.

He defeated Jay-Z, in what will forever be known as the greatest hip hop battle (beefs) of all time. 2Pac & Biggie's feud was nothing compared to Nas & Jay-Z. He's given the world 12 albums, and ever since illmatic he has inspired every rapper in the game, and nobody will ever come close.

Rambo likes this

My favorite rappers: Kool Keith, GZA, Nas, Phife Dawg, Big L, Gang Starr, Method Man, Ghostface Killah, Raekwon, DOOM (especially his work on Madvillian)

My favorite rap album is Dr. Octagonocologyst by Dr. Octagon (Kool Keith)

Peace. and Term-X like this

Your opinions? I don't like this kind of Eminem, though the track is actually good. And videoclip is fucking awesome.