Hip Hop discussion

Aria

Cant say i agree that it's better than Kendricks, but it is damn good. Not better than Chronic or 2001 imo.

Chronic and 2001 are iconic and timeless, nobody in their right mind should compare those albums to this. Compton is in the top 3 Hip Hop albums of the last 5 years (1.MBDTF, 2. GKMC).

Really good.

when i last spoke to him on Twitter before today, a couple months ago, we were talking about anime and how he's never seen Dragonball Z, :fainthv9: but that he should. so i sent him some links to watch.

now, he releases this track, and there's a Dragonball Z reference with that Android 16 bar :ph34r: ....

Am i secretly influencing the scene like a Rick Rubin hologram??? maybe

when i last spoke to him on Twitter before today, a couple months ago, we were talking about anime and how he's never seen Dragonball Z, :fainthv9: but that he should. so i sent him some links to watch.

now, he releases this track, and there's a Dragonball Z reference with that Android 16 bar :ph34r: ....

Am i secretly influencing the scene like a Rick Rubin hologram??? maybe

Stop lying lol, he's referenced DBZ on Twitter before, in 2013. This is just a quick Twitter search as well:

https://twitter.com/nines1ace/status/406781872803688448

Stop lying lol, he's referenced DBZ on Twitter before, in 2013. This is just a quick Twitter search as well:

https://twitter.com/nines1ace/status/406781872803688448

So he knows how to reference it? Plenty people know who Pikachu is and have never watched Pokemon.

I won't embarrass myself by looking like i care, or you by showing you you're wrong, and honestly it's cringeworthy to show conversations, but I can PM you our chats if you want, from our talks about getting him into anime for the first time, to him nicknaming me Jesus, to inviting me to this very video shoot 2 months ago. Let's talk.

So he knows how to reference it? Plenty people know who Pikachu is and have never watched Pokemon.

I won't embarrass myself by looking like i care, or you by showing you you're wrong, and honestly it's cringeworthy to show conversations, but I can PM you our chats if you want, from our talks about getting him into anime for the first time, to him nicknaming me Jesus, to inviting me to this very video shoot 2 months ago. Let's talk.

Go ahead. I'll be waiting for your PMs. :)

i'll start and end with this - XGR640u.jpg

& we talk too much, you'd think we're lovers or some shit. i mentor him musically even though he's years older. i promise lol. he's invited me to be part of Ice City too

if i click this convo and go deep into it u will see a lot of surprising things. just today i was telling him how to improve his flow and write skeletons for his rhymes & filling them in instead of making the flows as he goes.

i'll start and end with this - XGR640u.jpg

& we talk too much, you'd think we're lovers or some shit. i mentor him musically even though he's years older. i promise lol. he's invited me to be part of Ice City too

if i click this convo and go deep into it u will see a lot of surprising things. just today i was telling him how to improve his flow and write skeletons for his rhymes & filling them in instead of making the flows as he goes.

LOL okay. Sure. Your Nines' musical mentor now? This top shotter takes advice on how to rap from you? It's easy to make up fake DMs and stuff like that you know.

What's your Twitter @? Can I see if Nines is even following you?

Mr Mini on the hook is 1 of the main engineers for the likes of Krept & Konan, Stormzy, Maxsta and for a time Skepta. we link up & he's been a door or path for me that's lead to good connections. it's about who you know :ph34r:

/

a remix i put up when i was 15 got Marvell Boys to call me, asking to produce for them; i ended up consulting them on that one phonecall & from then-on in via email & texts because i wasn't good at making beats at that time.* the same video attracted Bashy & Dizzee to me, interested in signing especially after having conversations with me; they were more interested in the person than any music at that point; but Dizzee went quiet on me, and i went cold on Bashy.

*and i ended up being like a co-manager or leader or some shit of their 'street team' aka promotion scam shit lol. in charge of keeping a connection with the fans, basically.