The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

So, anyone willing to show us more stuff about Ukraine?

Don't have dark skin if you want to travel there. Hell, don't have tan skin.

big.jpg

Well if a couple of All Blacks said they were gay it'd help the gay community a lot. Rugby in New Zealand is like Football in Brazil.

I hate the All Blacks, I hate them so much.

@, don't you guys have one of the highest suicide rates over there?

I don't know about Finland but I do know that Japan has the highest suicide rates in the world

big.jpg

Well if a couple of All Blacks said they were gay it'd help the gay community a lot. Rugby in New Zealand is like Football in Brazil.

I don't know about Finland but I do know that Japan has the highest suicide rates in the world

It's called Kamakaze. Death before dishonour.

Nah, it would actually just ruin the guy's life and the hate will continue...

I just found intereting because it would actually be like Albiceleste being gay, it would sure be subject of a lot of jokes and pranks.

It's called Kamakaze. Death before dishonour.

Haha, I think it's called living in the most stress inducing environment in the world. It's not the Germans who are efficient hard workers, it's the Japanese. Many Japanese people have literally worked themselves to death, there are psycological problems that occur only in Japanese society and culture. There is such a strong emphasis on working hard there so many people (younger people in particular) kill themselves because of the stress of living up to society's and their families expectations. Crazy place, it's no good for a lazy Aussie like myself. I'd be eaten alive.

They even have a word for working yourself to death...

I googled it, Japan has the 9th highest rates. South Korea is #1. Finland is 19th. Australia is 46th. The UK is 61st.

Nah, it would actually just ruin the guy's life and the hate will continue...

I just found intereting because it would actually be like Albiceleste being gay, it would sure be subject of a lot of jokes and pranks.

They venerate their players. It'd be like if Pelé said he was gay...

If some random player in the league said he was gay then yes I agree with you, but if an All Black did it? If someone like McCaw or Nonu came out as being gay, they country wouldn't know what do with itself as they love those two players a lot.

Haha, I think it's called living in the most stress inducing environment in the world. It's not the Germans who are efficient hard workers, it's the Japanese. Many Japanese people have literally worked themselves to death, there are psycological problems that occur only in Japanese society and culture. There is such a strong emphasis on working hard there so many people (younger people in particular) kill themselves because of the stress of living up to society's and their families expectations. Crazy place, it's no good for a lazy Aussie like myself. I'd be eaten alive.

I googled it, Japan has the 9th highest rates. South Korea is #1. Finland is 19th. Australia is 46th. The UK is 61st.

Yep, but Japan suffers in one end of the problem (overstress), there is another one: lack of challenge in life. It seems weird, but this is subject of study of some famous psychologists.

Many of the countries with the highest HDI have huge problems with suicides. Everything in life becomes so easy and uninteresting that people lose will and end up killing themselfs for not finding a reason to live.

South Korea #1... well isn't that a turn out for the books. You would have thought North Korea was higher than the South for it's ruthless dictatorship way of life. You see this is why I'm always saying, "don't pay attention to stats".

South Korea #1... well isn't that a turn out for the books. You would have thought North Korea was higher than the South for it's ruthless dictatorship way of life. You see this is why I'm always saying, "don't pay attention to stats".

There aren't any statistice on North Korea...there is only stats for about half of the world's countries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate

There aren't any statistice on North Korea...there is only stats for about half of the world's countries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate

Probably because many countries don't have an official sensus for population survey. Like most of Africa for instance, only South Africa has an official population register so how on earth they come up with these pin point statistics on AIDS victims in Africa is beyond me. Scaremongering springs to mind.

big.jpg

I'll avoid going to the beach a couple months before going. HAHAHAHA.

304253_10150348789057692_1155081295_n.jp

This is non-tanned me.

Should I be worried?

@, don't you guys have one of the highest suicide rates over there?

Sure. Like Spike posted, Japan and a bunch of other countries have even higher rates but they do it for different reasons than our lot. Here everything is supposed to be great with one of the best education and healthcare systems in the world, not to mention them being completely free for everyone, no matter what your family's wealth or social status is. No one has to live on the streets because the government gives free money to people without jobs to get them back on their feet so one could assume everything is quite well here. In reality no one is ever happy and people have a shitload of problems with alcohol and other drugs and then they go and kill themselves when it gets even really depressing in winter time. I remember reading somewhere that the vast majority of suicides in Finland happen during those 4 months of the coldest and darkest winter period, so I'm not even making this sht up. :lol:

Can't wait till I graduate and find a job somewhere else, shouldn't even be a problem with the supposedly world class education we have here.

Sure. Like Spike posted, Japan and a bunch of other countries have even higher rates but they do it for different reasons than our lot. Here everything is supposed to be great with one of the best education and healthcare systems in the world, not to mention them being completely free for everyone, no matter what your family's wealth or social status is. No one has to live on the streets because the government gives free money to people without jobs to get them back on their feet so one could assume everything is quite well here. In reality no one is ever happy and people have a shitload of problems with alcohol and other drugs and then they go and kill themselves when it gets even really depressing in winter time. I remember reading somewhere that the vast majority of suicides in Finland happen during those 4 months of the coldest and darkest winter period, so I'm not even making this sht up. :lol:

Can't wait till I graduate and find a job somewhere else, shouldn't even be a problem with the supposedly world class education we have here.

Come to Australia. There is literally 14 hours of constant sunlight in the summer months. I winter it's about 10 hours of constant sun.

And I THOUGHT THAT NORWAY HAD THE BEST HEALTHCARE AND EDUCATION SYSTEM IN THE WORLD? STOP TAKING CREDIT FOR THE MOST GLORIOUS NATION OF NORWAY

Best health-care and educational system? Hot blue-eyed blondes everywhere? Abusing alcohol? I could live with that :halo:

Best health-care and educational system? Hot blue-eyed blondes everywhere? Abusing alcohol? I could live with that :halo:

The weather can be brutal. Months with only a few hours of sunlight a day.

The big bright blue sky is proven to actually make people feel happier and cheery. It also makes you feel more awake if you stare at it.

The weather can be brutal. Months with only a few hours of sunlight a day.

The big bright blue sky is proven to actually make people feel happier and cheery. It also makes you feel more awake if you stare at it.

I suppose it has some relation to Vitamin D aswell. It needs sunlight to be synthetized in your body. Vitamin D helps to prevent depression.

I'm joking mostly, obviously. I was only trying to point the good side of it. I have no idea how cold it can be in Finland, I have never been as north (or south, for that matter) of the globe to know how bad it is.

I suppose it has some relation to Vitamin D aswell. It needs sunlight to be synthetized in your body. Vitamin D helps to prevent depression.

I'm joking mostly, obviously. I was only trying to point the good side of it. I have no idea how cold it can be in Finland, I have never been as north (or south, for that matter) of the globe to know how bad it is.

Have you even seen snow?