The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

I haven't been overly active recently.

But me and the only place to be used to argue about a lot and have differing opinions.

But he has generally had pretty good opinions or at least interesting opinions on things and I can't remember arguing with him recently and generally saw eye to eye on most things.

Now I have no idea what he did or what happened in PM's. I see he is posting above me but I haven't read it yet.

But over time I felt he was a good poster.

Not saying the ban was wrong or whatever as I said I haven't read much yet.

But in general I think this forum perma bans people too much or too early. Imo I think it would be better if instead of warnings you gave them a day or a week bans. Then a perma.

But as I said no idea about this case specifically. Just added my 2p.

:)

I haven't been overly active recently.

But me and the only place to be used to argue about a lot and have differing opinions.

But he has generally had pretty good opinions or at least interesting opinions on things and I can't remember arguing with him recently and generally saw eye to eye on most things.

Now I have no idea what he did or what happened in PM's. I see he is posting above me but I haven't read it yet.

But over time I felt he was a good poster.

Not saying the ban was wrong or whatever as I said I haven't read much yet.

But in general I think this forum perma bans people too much or too early. Imo I think it would be better if instead of warnings you gave them a day or a week bans. Then a perma.

But as I said no idea about this case specifically. Just added my 2p.

:)

In their defence I certainly earned my earlier warnings and they reined me in.

This last week was simply about FB saying something way beyond the pale, me challenging him to say it to my face and then him backing away from it by deleting my posts.

I actually liked the guy as a poster but some things are off-limits and he crossed a line.

Also thanks to Jim for the site and the admins/mods for running it.

I suppose I'll have to hold hands and skip with Bushman and Kojo now.

I don't think him going has anything to do with him providing different views at all... It's more to do with the fact that he's been goading members up personally and his passive aggressiveness, whatever he said to some people over PM and stuff. It's a shame because he really was an excellent member of the forum but obviously there's only so much leniency staff can give.

And contrary to your belief. The pub isn't anywhere near as active as it used to be before. The 'girls in CFC shirts' thread isn't really popular and nor is 'Alex owes us a dance'. There is still plenty of political debate going on - check the politics thread, it's been very active over the last few weeks. There's also an 'Independent Scotland' thread that's been very active recently.

The forum still has plenty of football debate going on, there was recently a massive debate on whether we need English talent in our team, a massive debate on Oscar's role in the team, Ramires' usefulness etc... I would say that the long debates are definitely still there. If you don't believe that then you haven't really been reading IMO.

Nostalgia is a beautiful thing, but we always remember things unrealistically better than they actually were. I've been here for over 3 years and the forum has always been in an upward trend. In terms of activity and quality, this is the best the forum has been (and this is by far the least active the pub has been).

This last week was simply about FB saying something way beyond the pale, me challenging him to say it to my face and then him backing away from it by deleting my posts.

I actually liked the guy as a poster but some things are off-limits and he crossed a line.

Thanks for staying classy about this and again sorry it had to come to this.

Thanks for staying classy about this and again sorry it had to come to this.

No worries. I know we had our run-ins but I respected what you said about football.

Just remember me when Nat is made skipper. Take care.

If he accepted your challenge and came to say it to your face then what would you do?

Although I didn't agree with your views all the time, I do enjoy your posts. You are not on the same level with Bushman.

If he accepted your challenge and came to say it to your face then what would you do?

Although I didn't agree with your views all the time, I do enjoy your posts. You are not on the same level with Bushman.

Probably just laugh in his face, although you've got to respect someone who actually has the balls to say what they say online, in the real world.

Probably would've got a pint out of it. :D

Probably just laugh in his face, although you've got to respect someone who actually has the balls to say what they say online, in the real world.

Probably would've got a pint out of it. :D

Guess my point is that you can't control what people say online cant you? I personally try to only say things online that I would say in real life.

Well you can challenge everyone who crosses the line and most will decline (since most of us here are not in the UK) but it wouldn't be funny if FB was a 3rd degree black belt or something ;)

It's really easy to see why he was banned. He outplayed mods with his words, only answer was to ban him to eliminate the uncomfortable opposition. In a sense this forum is a small replica of an authoritarian country led by insecure people - as it turn out.

You'd be surprised by what we let slide. Please don't take digs at us like this, I hope you do realise we do this for no reason other than trying to keep this website in good condition. The moment we get the 'Admin' or 'Mod' badge beneath our name we are treated differently held to a very different standard to everyone else. It's a bullseye on your back. You have to realise we are human beings that are simply volunteering our time to a forum that we enjoy. I used to post a lot on this forum and had many friends but this has seemingly all gone away with a purple badge. I avoid posting my opinion a lot of the time to avoid situations were I am accused of being biased and unfair.

What annoys me the most is the fact that every poster who has a different opinion on any matter will get banned or silenced sooner rather than later. This forum used to be the go-to-place to read long well written posts on football, politics and so on while now the most popular threads seem to be The Pub, "Alex owes us a dance" and Girls in Chelsea shirts, what the actual fuck?

Mods are taking things way too personally and getting involved in arguments while their duty should be to avoid these kinds of internet-battles between two regular members, not getting involved themselves, prime example being Politics thread just now. Would it be hard to just let TOPTB for example just have his opinion and ignore him (while I do share many of his views) and just move on? Why take it so personally? Verbal warning to a permanent ban in a matter of days? Provocative and very unprofessional behavi

our from the staff. Since when are people not allowed to have a differing opinion on something, be it politics, football, education and so on? Why do certain people feel the urge and need to try to CHANGE and prove someone's veiws WRONG all the time? Why can't they be and stay DIFFERENT? I think I'm making my point very clear.

No that is not true in the slightest. Having a different opinion will not warrant any sort of action from me unless of course it is very offensive in nature. Not a single user on this forum has been banned for reasons of having different opinions. We do not control what the members of this forum like to post in, so I don't see why you are so upset about people posting in the threads they want to. The Pub was always popular by the way.

Why take it personally? I can't speak for other members of the staff but I for one am still a human being that is affected by emotions. I'm not a single-minded robot focused on keeping order, nor am I paid professional, so I don't see why the word 'professional' has anything to do with this. I'm just a young man that in his spare time tries to moderate the content of a large internet forum.

Real sad to see you go, man. You were one of the top posters on here, I always enjoyed reading your opinion, you were pretty intelligent. If I ever go to Stamford Bridge I'll hit you up for sure. Take care.

Sometimes, I sit at my desk, read posts and think to myself: "Some users take this website far too seriously". I know it's easy to be caught up in the emotion sometimes but to really get wound up over text on forum is a bit much.

This. I've seen plenty of times (myself included, mostly on NT discussions) people get so wound up over little things (I'm looking at you didierforever). It's unfortunate you can't post on here much, but I've seen you also just call people cunts straight out. While they were being cunts, you have to be aware of things you can or can't say because, like you said, you have that purple thing under your name.

Hope no one gets mad, just wanted to let my opinion be known.

Sometimes, I sit at my desk, read posts and think to myself: "Some users take this website far too seriously". I know it's easy to be caught up in the emotion sometimes but to really get wound up over text on forum is a bit much.

It's a great quality to possess to just not take thing seriously and ignore them. Unfortunately not everyone possesses them.

Fare well, TOPTB. See you at the Bridge one day! Multiple pints will be shared!

How come he got banned? I've not been too active on here and it seems like everyone just keeps getting banned. What happened to bushman?

Real sad to see you go, man. You were one of the top posters on here, I always enjoyed reading your opinion, you were pretty intelligent. If I ever go to Stamford Bridge I'll hit you up for sure. Take care.

This. I've seen plenty of times (myself included, mostly on NT discussions) people get so wound up over little things (I'm looking at you didierforever). It's unfortunate you can't post on here much, but I've seen you also just call people cunts straight out. While they were being cunts, you have to be aware of things you can or can't say because, like you said, you have that purple thing under your name.

Hope no one gets mad, just wanted to let my opinion be known.

You have to realise that my calling someone a 'cunt' is not a new occurence. This is a trait that has carried over for a long time. It's not a side-effect or byproduct of my status as a staff member.